Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Which players would you have kept?
Good question. I would have let them all go.

Goldy wasnt happy playing back up to X. let him go and chase a flag....

BMac glad he is gone.

But replacing these guys with young talent, is going to take more than 9 rounds of football. I think it will take at least this year and next year.

i am just saying, if you are comparing North 2024, to North 2023 and wondering why we havent improved, well I would say the answer is pretty obvious.

I am going to give 1/10, for your lack of football knowledge. LOL

see my answers below....

Goldy - fantastic back up depth for X when needed. Could even give X a rest, when X is sore. Problem was, Goldy wasnt prepared to play second fiddle to X in 2024.
McKay - your taking the p1ss, if you dont think Chom and BMac would hold up our defence better than Chom and Biggie/Pink. Surely? LOL
JZ - provided leadership, especially in the back half (where LMac has struggled to do on his own)
Cunnington - was still a hard body in the midfield we desperately need, to help our young midfielders. Could have played the sub role. We are now looking for Parker and Wines, to be that sort of player...
Hall - dominated playing VFL footy. And was depth.
Turner - one thing he brought was forward pressure. We have played games this year with zero tackles in our forward 50.

I am not arguing we should have retained any of the players above.

I am answering your question why we are struggling this year. You dont replace the names listed above in 9 rounds of football. Its going to take 1 to 2 years.
This is extreme delusion. And anyone that’s agreeing with should have a look at the pre-season predictions thread. No one was expecting to be anywhere near this bad.

We are 0/10 with a percentage of 56.8.
We haven’t come close to winning a game and can only thank opposition inaccuracy for not losing more games by bigger margins.

Most of the players listed were not best 22, some of them wouldn’t be in our best 30 if they stayed. Listing the likes of Turner, Perez and Mahoney only evidences how far you had to reach to mount an (failed) argument to support your delusional assertions.

Face it. We’re far shitter than we realised.
No one expected us to be this bad. Not one fan on this site. No one in the media and no one in the club. We are changing the narrative now to talk about small wins because there is no incremental improvement.

We’re a historically bad football club and an embarrassment to the competition at the moment which is an indictment on the hopeless ****heads (Rawlings front of the line) who have contributed to putting us in this position and are still at the club.

Last edited:

Statement from AFL re Tarryn Thomas.

The AFL is aware of today’s developments in relation to Tarryn Thomas including that he has been charged with offences that are now before the Courts. The AFL cannot and will not make any comment in relation to those new charges while the police investigation is ongoing.

The AFL reiterates that under the sanctions previously imposed on Mr Thomas by the AFL, he currently cannot train or play at any level of Australian Football without the approval of the AFL including once his 18-match suspension expires.

Please note that the AFL will specifically not permit Mr Thomas to join the list of any AFL Club pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

More broadly, it is the AFL’s intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian Football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

The AFL will continue to monitor the police proceedings.

This is extreme delusion. And anyone that’s agreeing with should have a look at the pre-season predictions thread. No one was expecting to be anywhere near this bad.

We are 0/10 with a percentage of 56.8.
We haven’t come close to winning a game and can only thank opposition inaccuracy for not losing more games by bigger margins.

Most of the players listed were not best 22, some of them wouldn’t be in our best 30 if they stayed. Listing the likes of Turner, Perez and Mahoney only evidences how far you had to reach to mount an (failed) argument to support your delusional assertions.

Face it. We’re far shitter than we realised.
No one expected us to be this bad. Not one fan on this site. No one in the media and no one in the club. We are changing the narrative now to talk about small wins because there is no incremental improvement.

We’re a historically bad football club and an embarrassment to the competition at the moment which is an indictment on the hopeless heckheads (Rawlings front of the line) who have contributed to putting us in this position and are still at the club.

Its not delusion mate. FACT - add in a Goldy in the Ruck, tapping it down to our midfield, and we are better.

BMac in defence taking marks, helps us.

AND a switched on TT in our midfield and we go to another level.

Last year, we had JZ giving us leadership in defence. that helped us too.

But they are gone and I reckon, the right decisions were made.

But you have NFI if you dont think that is not going to hurt the club in the short term...

what winning culture? how many games have we won since this amazing win?
We’re not winning games at the moment, I understand that. But a winning culture is built over a long time, not half a season. To deliberately lose a game (still can’t believe I have to type that) ruins the whole fabric of what we have built in 150 years. And before you say ‘oh the fabric is ruined anyway blah blah blah’ absolute bullshit. It’s going to be a long haul but we all need to harden up and show some patience. Great things don’t happen straight away. I bet the great things that you have achieved in your life came with hard work?

Its not delusion mate. FACT - add in a Goldy in the Ruck, tapping it down to our midfield, and we are better.

But you have NFI if you dont think that is not going to hurt the club in the short term...
TT is a massive one. Everyone is drooling about the goal Harley Reid kicked on the weekend but TT has done that so many times over the years that we kind of expected it. He is also a defensive mid, maybe not all the time but he was effective at chasing and tackling.

Losing Goater hurt and since we lost CCJ ... well before that we hadn't kicked under 11 goals and since then we haven't kicked over 10. Massive blow to the sides structure.

Absolute ******* utensil head.
Only the Bard can straighten him out 👼
Statement from AFL re Tarryn Thomas.

The AFL is aware of today’s developments in relation to Tarryn Thomas including that he has been charged with offences that are now before the Courts. The AFL cannot and will not make any comment in relation to those new charges while the police investigation is ongoing.

The AFL reiterates that under the sanctions previously imposed on Mr Thomas by the AFL, he currently cannot train or play at any level of Australian Football without the approval of the AFL including once his 18-match suspension expires.

Please note that the AFL will specifically not permit Mr Thomas to join the list of any AFL Club pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

More broadly, it is the AFL’s intent that Mr Thomas will not be approved to play at any level of Australian Football pending the hearing and determination of the charges that have now been brought against him and subject to the outcome of those proceedings.

The AFL will continue to monitor the police proceedings.
Far out you’d get less if you’d been accused of four counts of aggravated burglary, three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage!!! Oh wait 🤔

We’re not winning games at the moment, I understand that. But a winning culture is built over a long time, not half a season. To deliberately lose a game (still can’t believe I have to type that) ruins the whole fabric of what we have built in 150 years. And before you say ‘oh the fabric is ruined anyway blah blah blah’ absolute bullshit. It’s going to be a long haul but we all need to harden up and show some patience. Great things don’t happen straight away. I bet the great things that you have achieved in your life came with hard work?
12 wins out of 96 games, how much longer will north supporters have to wait till they they actually build a winning culture. we didn’t need to deliberately lose it. we could of rested some players who were carrying injuries and such. geelong did the same thing last year. don’t think the fabric is broken but it’s definitely taken quite a beating over the past 5 years. supporter morale would have to be at an all time low though. i think north fans have shown quite a lot of patience tbh, probably too much patience. do you think the big clubs like west coast, collingwood or geelong would put up with what we have had to deal with recently? ohh definitely but if it took more then 5 years and i was still in the same place as where i started i would have to question my methods and plan and what i was doing to still be in that spot with no signs of improvement.

If the UFC can be scripted, FIFA can be rigged, NFL can be rigged and Boxing can most definitely be rigged. Then so can the AFL.

I am not surprised one bit if the AFL on purpose crafts a narrative for a particular team to win and others to do better and worst for the sake of bolstering overall numbers, increasing sponsorships and viewerships.

It doesn’t care about North in the context of their proposed narrative for the season or any season because it doesn’t align with their desired KPI’s and performance in demos and sales for where they want to be, and where do they want to be? Somewhere even somewhat close to the NBA or NFL in terms of revenue year on year.

12 wins out of 96 games, how much longer will north supporters have to wait till they they actually build a winning culture. we didn’t need to deliberately lose it. we could of rested some players who were carrying injuries and such. geelong did the same thing last year. don’t think the fabric is broken but it’s definitely taken quite a beating over the past 5 years. supporter morale would have to be at an all time low though. i think north fans have shown quite a lot of patience tbh, probably too much patience. do you think the big clubs like west coast, collingwood or geelong would put up with what we have had to deal with recently? ohh definitely but if it took more then 5 years and i was still in the same place as where i started i would have to question my methods and plan and what i was doing to still be in that spot with no signs of improvement.
Mate I think everyone shares your frustration but what are the alternatives? If Shaw had worked or Noble and if JHF had slotted straight in like HR at WC then we wouldn’t be having this conversation but those things didn’t work out so where we are now is; the rot has stopped. Rebuilding the playing group will take more time but Clarkson has really only been focused and onboard from this season. I expect we will get 2-3 wins before the end of the year, not because of the teams we play against but because I think we will put it all together and play 4 quarters of the footy we want to play on a few occasions 👍

Last edited:

Were you expecting the club to be 0-10 with a percentage of 56?

I would also note from memory we had a worse run with key injuries last season.

We're far worse than anyone expected to me. In fact in the predictions thread what did most people want at a minimum?
Improvement on last season. Some people were too optimistic but the consistent desire and expectation was improvement, which we're not even close to.

The narrative can't be re-written now because we're historically shit. I know it's a coping mechanism but it doesn't help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I think everyone shares your frustration but what are the alternatives? If Shaw had worked or Noble and if JHF had slotted straight in like HR at WC then we wouldn’t be having this conversation but those things didn’t work out so where we are now is; the rot has stopped. Rebuilding the playing group will take more time but Clarkson has really only been focused and onboard from this season. I expect we will get 2-3 wins before the end of the year, not because of the teams we play against but because I think we will put it all together and play 4 quarters of the footy we want to play on a few occasions 👍
yerh it’s just hard going to the footy these days. i said to the mate i was with on the weekend who goes for * “i love going to the footy but i hate watching my team play”. don’t think clarko is the problem atm but something definitely changed since the racism saga. it’s his first proper year in charge with really only one draft to get the group of players he wants going forward. well if you take out the 3rd quarter from the weekend, the scores were 56 to 52 soo that’s a positive there. can see us improving slowly slowly and we will definitely knock off a few sides if they aren’t careful.

Scrunch ya tinfoil headwear down hard: I get a spooky feeling that if WC hadn't beaten Footscray in the penultimate round, GC would have rolled over us for fun.

Or is that 'would of'?

gee the human Helium inhaler Jay Clark kicks us any chance he can.

Reckons Richmond should tank to pinch the number 1 pick off is (didn’t realise it was a prestigious prize to win, whilst actively promoting tanking 🤣🤣)

Reckons Luke Parker wouldn’t piss on us if our teeth were on fire (he’ll go to a contender not a basket case apparently) and he’s still pushing the LDU barrow he created a few weeks back. The saints to throw the kitchen sink, the laundry sink, the butler’s pantry sink and the granny flat sink at LDU in 18 months time..

Who does this flog support?.. has a *scum sliminess about him..

Reckons Richmond should tank to pinch the number 1 pick off is (didn’t realise it was a prestigious prize to win, whilst actively promoting tanking 🤣🤣)

Reckons Luke Parker wouldn’t piss on us if our teeth were on fire (he’ll go to a contender not a basket case apparently) and he’s still pushing the LDU barrow he created a few weeks back. The saints to throw the kitchen sink, the laundry sink, the butler’s pantry sink and the granny flat sink at LDU in 18 months time..

Pies

Essendon will violate them, and it would still require us to defeat Port. Which I would happily do to move from #1 to #2 in this draft.

Not sure I want Luke Parker, who is clearly a complete dickhead. But so is Jay Clark so yeah play on

Tarryn Thomas charged over ‘harassing phone calls’ to ex​

Brooke Greber-Craig
May 21, 2024 - 1:50PM

Disgraced former North Melbourne footballer Tarryn Thomas has been charged for allegedly harassing a former partner.

The Herald Sun revealed on May 10 that police were investigating Thomas after he allegedly called an estranged girlfriend, multiple times during the day and night.

It’s believed the alleged calls were made after Thomas was cut by the Kangaroos and handed an 18-match suspension by the AFL after conduct breaches, including allegedly threatening the same woman on social media.

The shocking messages were revealed by The Herald Sun in February.

“And for them girls I abuse I would do again,” Thomas wrote to the woman.

“After what they did to me if you do me wrong I will let you have it.”

A Victoria Police spokeswoman said police executed a search warrant at an Ormond property on Tuesday.

“Police have charged a 24-year-old Ormond man in relation to reports of alleged harassing phone calls,” she said.

“Police executed a search warrant at a premises in Ormond on Tuesday 21 May about 11.15am.
“The man was arrested and charged with use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order.”

Thomas was bailed to the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21.
I know the courts are backed up, but isn’t this part of the DV problem that these things take so long through the courts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back