Confirmed : Mainwaring passes away at age of 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad day indeed my footy friends, Chris seemed like a real DTE guy who was truly a great football player....

For a young family to lose a kind , caring and compassionate father and husband, its just so sad.

My thoughts to his family especially to their daughers 8 and 2 who now will grow up without a father.

My dearest sympathies

very sad day for our club! mainwaring was a champion at the footy club and everyone there loved him!

can everyone remember the day he came back from his knee reco with that knee strap that went from his thigh to lower leg?? was rediculously big but he battled on!

hard working footballer but most of all a great guy!

R.I.P #3

i'm in shock it hard to believe.
great footballer mainy you will be missed.
i will always remember when mainy first run back onto subi after his knee operation and making it to 200 games.
rip mainy

Shocked. Gutted. Pure disbelief.

One of the clubs very best has left to play footy with the man above.

Thanks for all the memories, you will live on as a legend of the club. :thumbsu:

Chris Mainwaring RIP

All the deepest condolences to his family going through this toughest of times.

You could not have met a nicer man, for 3 birthdays in a row when i was younger my dad gave me a plain white t-shirt signed by mainy with a message from him, and i was so happy to receive this.

Also just heard from a doctor who was there last night that the W.A police could be in trouble after releasing him into the care of a neighbour. They may be seen after not looking after duty of care issues.

I am in absolute shock it's so, so sad he was so young. I'll remember a lot the battles we had against the Eagles and Chris back in the day.

I know it goes without saying, but I hope this is a wake up to a lot of people.

My condolences to family, friends and all at the Eagles.

Sad news. A friendly approachable guy who was also a great player.
Deepest condolences to his family.

Given what else happened this year...I think we should retire the number 3 guernsey permanently.

my heart goes out the his family, could the year get any worse. lets hoep the media get it right and break the story then leave the poor family alone to get through this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So gutted.

Not to mention a bunch of *ing idiots on the main board.

devastated from this. worst year footy wise by a long mile. ten are allready being ********s alledging him of drug use. bastards honestly. condolences to his family and friends.

idiots on the main board really ruined my morning. one of my heros in the 94 gf and at the time when i was opening my eyes to AFL.

I was in complete shock when I was told early this morning. Even though I'm a fanatical Freo fan Mainy was always my idol as a young boy coming from East and doing everything he did in WA. My thoughts are with his kids at this time, I couldn't think of anything worse for them :(

The news just reported that he was found yelling in the street at about 11, ambulance called however he refused their assistance and was left with a neighbour. Another ambulance called about one hour later and he was found unconcious, taken to hospital and died shortly after.

Thats not true.

A friend/neighbour was yelling for assistance. Mainy was found sedated and conscious and left to the assistance of a neighbour.

An hour later he was unconscious and on arrival at SCGH pronounced dead shortly after.

Very shocked! Chris was a great player for your club. Condolences to the Mainwaring family. If illicit drugs are involved, when will people ever F****** learn!!!

Very sad stuff.

On a more minor note, I'd like to extend my sympathies to you guys, the supporters. You have had a truly shitfull year and to now have a club legend pass away at such a young age is a shocker.

I sincerely hope your luck turns a bit in 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back