Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont and never have claimed to be an expert. You seem to be obsessed with this lately.
Well I'd have said you were an expert based on your knowledge.

So his a qualified accountant or financial advisor or he has ran a large company or has a business degree does he ?
You need to be one of those to have knowledge?

Well I’m no expert happy to admit that but he gets treated buy people on here and likes to act like one when all his doing is offering an opinion like us
You spend hours researching and presenting information in a detailed manner like he does and I'll call you an expert.

They are the only states that games sell out most weeks. Have waiting lists to get a full season membership. They wouldn’t struggle to get sponsors. It’s just getting the members that can’t get tickets to move across is the hard part.

IF that argument was consistent Freo would more seated members.

You spend hours researching and presenting information in a detailed manner like he does and I'll call you an expert.
All that information he presents you could find yourself if you have commonsense and basic computer skills if that’s a hobby he likes to do in his spare time then fair enough go for it but his most definitely not an expert his no different to any of us unless he has actual qualifications We don’t know about if you think he is then your extremely gullible

All that information he presents you could find yourself if you have commonsense and basic computer skills if that’s a hobby he likes to do in his spare time then fair enough go for it but his most definitely not an expert his no different to any of us unless he has actual qualifications We don’t know about if you think he is then your extremely gullible
Ok. 👍

Perhaps, but it's not like a tas team has only just been thought of either. It's been going serious for a few years already.

Sure but this isnt AFL planning either - which is where this also differs greatly from GWS and Gold Coast - second teams in Qld and NSW were part of the planning that went along with the state league overhaul in those states, conversely the league has pretty much held the line that no team in Tasmania is viable in their opinion - and thats been AFL/VFL Commission opionion for 35 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that you have any idea what im qualified to do for that matter but Ive never claimed I was an expert, have always been just a guy that obtains information both public and not so public in order that the folks be better informed, Ive done this a lot over the years. I cant help peoples perceptions.

I can however infer certain things based on the data ive collected and collated over the last decade. I get that this offends you for some reason, but this is getting real tiresome.

Given that Melbourne has stopped so low as to openly advertise slave labour jobs for their footy Dept, the Tasmanian demons could soon be a thing

The number of Victorians who want send some team, other than their own, to Tasmania just indicates they know the AFL's real problem is too many VFL teams for the health of the game.

The number of Victorians who want send some team, other than their own, to Tasmania just indicates they know the AFL's real problem is too many VFL teams for the health of the game.
I actually don't. I'd bring the comp to 20 teams, it would make an even fixture easier to do

I actually don't. I'd bring the comp to 20 teams, it would make an even fixture easier to do

It's just the 20th side will be seen as the forced and unnecessary love child of the AFL to squeeze out a 10th game, expanded finals, more tv rights $.

If we are talking the next 5-10 years, signs point to Joondalup playing at Optus.

3rd sides in NSW and QLD are about 20 years off.

Vic is full

All other markets are just too small.

Last edited:
It's just the 20th side will be seen as the forced and unnecessary love child of the AFL to squeeze out a 10th game, expanded finals, more tv rights $.

If we are talking the next 5-10 years, signs point to Joondalup playing at Optus.

Tas 19th Canberra 20th.

yeah id be putting a 3rd in wa.

also if we do that, eagles supporters might stop trying to kill vic clubs because the club/people ratio in WA would be pretty similar to victoria

And what signs are those?

IF that argument was consistent Freo would more seated members.
If it’s is a 3rd Perth side are they going to get 50k to games? no. They’ll get it to at least 2 of their 11 home games. Vs Eagles vs Freo.

It will be a build up like Tassie. In the works for 3/5 years to get supporters on board. I’m no marketing guru on how they are going to do that. Home crowd wise
1st year 20k
10 years later 30
20 years 40.... similar to how Freo built up crowds....

Perth have the population, have the stadium, have the passion for sport. Would have a guess the sponsorship dollars would be there. The AFL would want a side that can generate its own income as quick as possible if they are going to have to put some extra cash into Tassie. I believe Perth would be best suited especially with teams now cutting the extra cash spent at these clubs. I do believe Adelaide could do it but Perth would be suited. (Population/Sponsorship)

I do think its more likely to be 20 teams by 2030 rather than 18 or 19.

If it’s is a 3rd Perth side are they going to get 50k to games? no. They’ll get it to at least 2 of their 11 home games. Vs Eagles vs Freo.

It will be a build up like Tassie. In the works for 3/5 years to get supporters on board. I’m no marketing guru on how they are going to do that. Home crowd wise
1st year 20k
10 years later 30
20 years 40.... similar to how Freo built up crowds....

Perth have the population, have the stadium, have the passion for sport. Would have a guess the sponsorship dollars would be there. The AFL would want a side that can generate its own income as quick as possible if they are going to have to put some extra cash into Tassie. I believe Perth would be best suited especially with teams now cutting the extra cash spent at these clubs. I do believe Adelaide could do it but Perth would be suited. (Population/Sponsorship)

I do think its more likely to be 20 teams by 2030 rather than 18 or 19.

& the WA footy model, who is going to pay for the losses? Ii'd be no different to putting a new team in Melbourne or Adelaide.
It took the Eagles & the Dockers more than 10 years to be financially independent.

We need to weaken the AFL player pool further by adding more 2nd tier players or kids.

😂🤣. All this would be sorted out and I reckon the AFL presidents would have a fair idea how the money allocation would work because they wouldn’t want their piece of the pie eaten. I think the WAFC would have a decent bank balance that they may wish to help them Purchase another club if they think it will work long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back