Tasmania Congratulations on Tassie License. Mens team to enter 2028. Womens team TBA. Other details TBA 3/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn fans also don't care about their club? I'm asking questions not deflecting. You haven't answered my question yet, you're just telling me to fly interstate and turn up to a neutral game.

Simple question again for you. If Tassies poor crowd between 2 neutral teams is a sign they don't care or deserve a team, is that logic also applied to poor home crowds for North and Hawthorn?

Sorry I assumed you were from tassie.

No, north Melbourne and Hawthorn are established afl clubs with a minimum of 40k members, debt free and profitable. Both clubs are down the bottom playing uninspired football. Regardless both will turn a profit this year (I know north will I assume the hawks will too).

Tassie on the other hand has no afl team and as we speak a big review is taking place to determine whether a tassie team will be viable in the afl. Now is the most important time to turn up to games. Prior to playing in Hobart north had 4K tassie members. If you assume all went to the demons game (I know that’s a stretch) then that means only 2k other people bothered to turn up.

At the most crucial moment in Tasmanian football.

No, north Melbourne and Hawthorn are established afl clubs with a minimum of 40k members, debt free and profitable. Both clubs are down the bottom playing uninspired football. Regardless both will turn a profit this year (I know north will I assume the hawks will too).

Tassie on the other hand has no afl team and as we speak a big review is taking place to determine whether a tassie team will be viable in the afl. Now is the most important time to turn up to games. Prior to playing in Hobart north had 4K tassie members. If you assume all went to the demons game (I know that’s a stretch) then that means only 2k other people bothered to turn up.

So to summarise.

You don't turn up to neutral games but demand Tassie fans do.

You use North being low on the ladder as an excuse for a poor turn up in Melbourne but don't give the same leeway to Tassie for hosting the 2 bottom teams.

You argue that poor crowds show Tassie isn't interested and doesn't deserve a team but give a pass to Vic clubs because they're down the bottom playing uninspired football (again seemingly ignoring that the clubs not drawing a crowd in Tassie are the ones you're excusing in Melbourne.)

Hmm. 🤔

yep this is pretty much what I get told when I speak to family & friends down there.

North now has 6000 Tassie members,I'm told a lot of the members seats were empty at that game but you must remember the game was confirmed at the last minute by the AFL due to Covid issues.

Seriously disagree.

Now is the time. Right now.

I believe you should have a team. There is a lot of good will out there for tassie.

But geez at the most important time to show your support you’re doing the worst possible thing. Making it appear that you don’t care.

And let’s not forget the Hobart hurricanes. The crowds falling off a cliff in cricket would be reassuring afl house.
Just to correct the record, I'm not from Tasmania.

So to summarise.

You don't turn up to neutral games but demand Tassie fans do.

You use North being low on the ladder as an excuse for a poor turn up in Melbourne but don't give the same leeway to Tassie for hosting the 2 bottom teams.

You argue that poor crowds show Tassie isn't interested and doesn't deserve a team but give a pass to Vic clubs because they're down the bottom playing uninspired football (again seemingly ignoring that the clubs not drawing a crowd in Tassie are the ones you're excusing in Melbourne.)

Hmm. 🤔

No, to summarise

1: I don’t turn up to neutral games, but strongly advise Tasmanian people do as right now they are deciding if tassie will have a team moving forward

2: no, the teams and their ladder position should be inconsequential to tassie afl fans right now because this is their chance to prove the neighsayers and afl wrong. Right now while the review is going on.

3: as per the above

Stop deflecting tassie fans. Turn up to the games in tassie jumpers. Hold up banners saying now is our time. Do something other than not turn up at the most crucial time for a tassie teams future.

None.

But that’s a completely different scenario and one that if you were correct would mean there shouldn’t be a tassie team.

Ie footy mad Tasmania’s already support a team so won’t go and watch a tassie side.

It’s professional football for gods sake. Show the afl that you’ll turn up and you’ll get a team. Show that you don’t care and then suffer the consequences.

Garbage.

No, to summarise

1: I don’t turn up to neutral games, but strongly advise Tasmanian people do as right now they are deciding if tassie will have a team moving forward

2: no, the teams and their ladder position should be inconsequential to tassie afl fans right now because this is their chance to prove the neighsayers and afl wrong. Right now while the review is going on.

Stop deflecting tassie fans. Turn up to the games in tassie jumpers. Hold up banners saying now is our time. Do something other than not turn up at the most crucial time for a tassie teams future.

😂😂😂😂😂😂what utter rubbish.

Every part. you come across as a hypocrite. Where’s turning up to games got them so far. It’s got them nowhere.

It’s got them to this point

And since then, crowd numbers have fallen off a cliff.

I would have thought that turning up to games this year would have been the best way to demonstrate to the afl that Tasmania should get their team.

Obviously many of you think I’m wrong and that not going will infact demonstrate to the afl that Tasmania should get a team.

It’s got them to this point

And since then, crowd numbers have fallen off a cliff.

I would have thought that turning up to games this year would have been the best way to demonstrate to the afl that Tasmania should get their team.

Obviously many of you think I’m wrong and that not going will infact demonstrate to the afl that Tasmania should get a team.
Because your preaching the same bs they’ve heard down there for years. It never eventuates to anything......ever. I was their when the devils were at the height of its success, & it was bloody good, go they kept saying it’ll show em. They sure showed us they turned the ******* thing into a two bit reserves operation.

And that same sh*t gets spouted time & time again.

Because your preaching the same bs they’ve heard down there for years. It never eventuates to anything......ever. I was their when the devils were at the height of its success, & it was bloody good, go they kept saying it’ll show em. They sure showed us they turned the ******* thing into a two bit reserves operation.

And that same sh*t gets spouted time & time again.

Fair enough. If it’s not going to make a difference and tassie aren’t getting a team then that’s very sad.

That said, I think if grounds were packed with Tasmanians this year the noise from afl supporters would make a difference and not give the afl a leg to stand on to deny them again.

Guess we will never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. If it’s not going to make a difference and tassie aren’t getting a team then that’s very sad.

That said, I think if grounds were packed with Tasmanians this year the noise from afl supporters would make a difference and not give the afl a leg to stand on to deny them again.

Guess we will never know.

Oh you mean like they’ve turned up rain hale or shine for close to two decades now? no you’d end up with the AFL saying the fifo setup is a raging success so the status quo can continue. It wouldn’t make one iota of difference.

Ffs they didn’t even try to help tassie get a vfl side this year to showcase any talent left down there. Players are leaving left right & centre to have to get themselves noticed.

Do the AFL really care? Of course not.

Which part?

You think the best way for tassie to get a team is to not go to games?

20 years of non Tasmanian games played here & we're only closer to getting a team because the Premier gave them an ultimatum.

And you still say if we want a team we should keep going????.

When will people like you realise that mantra was is a lie. Certainly a con job at the very least.

Name a place that, like Tassie, doesn't have an AFL club & gets more people to attend. Also pays over the odds for the privilege. Enough is enough. Team now or Hawks & North can PO.

Oh you mean like they’ve turned up rain hale or shine for close to two decades now? no you’d end up with the AFL saying the fifo setup is a raging success so the status quo can continue. It wouldn’t make one iota of difference.

Ffs they didn’t even try to help tassie get a vfl side this year to showcase any talent left down there. Players are leaving left right & centre to have to get themselves noticed.

Do the AFL really care? Of course not.
20 years of non Tasmanian games played here & we're only closer to getting a team because the Premier gave them an ultimatum.

And you still say if we want a team we should keep going????.

When will people like you realise that mantra was is a lie. Certainly a con job at the very least.

Name a place that, like Tassie, doesn't have an AFL club & gets more people to attend. Also pays over the odds for the privilege. Enough is enough. Team now or Hawks & North can PO.

I get why you are cynical. I just feel that this time could have been different and that a strong push from the Tasmanian population, standing behind a premier that is doing all the right things would force the afl to grant the license.

I also think not granting the license is the height of stupidity. The afl should be thinking of expansion and tassie 19 is the lowest risk option to make that happen. The tassie govt would pay way overs to underwrite the team.

I do think you both underestimate people power on this one, this time. But maybe im naive.

I get why you are cynical. I just feel that this time could have been different and that a strong push from the Tasmanian population, standing behind a premier that is doing all the right things would force the afl to grant the license.

I also think not granting the license is the height of stupidity. The afl should be thinking of expansion and tassie 19 is the lowest risk option to make that happen. The tassie govt would pay way overs to underwrite the team.

I do think you both underestimate people power on this one, this time. But maybe im naive.
Yes your naive

None.

But that’s a completely different scenario and one that if you were correct would mean there shouldn’t be a tassie team.

Ie footy mad Tasmania’s already support a team so won’t go and watch a tassie side.

It’s professional football for gods sake. Show the afl that you’ll turn up and you’ll get a team. Show that you don’t care and then suffer the consequences.
Absolute rubbish 👎

Yes, well we've heard that stuff time & time again.

Don't take it personally( ;) ), but we're sick of the con job & the AFL BS.

Give us a team or PO. DON'T try to force a failed inner city Melbourne club here.

It'll fail, in both Tassie & Melbn.

Exactly, time for us to stop funding other AFL clubs and believing the absolute crap that comes from the AFL and others.

Might have been a good match

Even the Tasmanian state flag contains a lion. Hobart has the Fitzroy Gardens. Tasmania has the Fitzroy islands.

1200px-Flag_of_Tasmania.svg.png
yeah. I would have been in that age where I would support the lions and they would be settled with my generation of supporters now. But, like all relocations/fly-in-out, the old people would not have switched and its short term future would have been uncertain. The Roys were 10 years too soon and just didn't get the support from the AFL and our government which Hawthwon got

I only followed the discussion loosely. but I will add that though we don't have an AFL Team, we arent really footy starved. We have 8 games down here, mostly a combo of North/hawks/GWS/GCS/Freo.

On top of that, flights are cheap to go to the mainland. A footy weekend can be done for $300. The days of us just going to an AFL match "just because" are long past gone

No, to summarise

It goe
Which part?

You think the best way for tassie to get a team is to not go to games?
In a way yes the afl have always looked at Tasmania as a market they will always have what did fat Andy say Tasmanian’s already play football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back