Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS could win it from 8th if they get close to their full side back by the finals.

DO NOT write them off.

Yeah when they're playing well they can still challenge anybody. I haven't written em off. I think after round 17 we'll have a pretty good idea how much West Coast, GWS and Collingwood are contenders.

Anyone due back soon? Elliot? Moore? Wells?
Wells I think is done for the year.

Moore, Elliott and Reid all a week or so away from returning to the VFL as far as I’m aware. Would be good to be cautious with all though.

pies must be flag favourites
would be a huge injustice if they don't win it this year
they're at $1.01 odds, put your commission house on it
give them the cup now

pies must be flag favourites
would be a huge injustice if they don't win it this year
they're at $1.01 odds, put your commission house on it
give them the cup now
If you can’t be ****ed debating the topic at hands on its merits why bother posting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know two of them were in Melbourne, but people could've said the same thing about the Dogs in 2016...

Well yeah that’s the difference right there. Two away finals is a lot different to four. No one could win four away finals. It would be too exhausting, too much traveling, etc.

For an interstate team to win they gave to finish top 4 or get exceptionally lucky with the second final in the same state - I.e port vs Adelaide or something

Over the next 5 weeks we get back Greene, Deledio, Cameron, Scully and Williams.

You guys also have eagles away, Richmond, and then port away. GWS are close to Sydney territory here from last year. Can’t lose too many from here on out; north Geelong hawthorn and Essendon are all on yours and each other’s asses.

Will be interesting for sure.

The only team I genuinely think that take it to us at this point in time is Collingwood, when you put the MCG into the equation. When we played them earlier this year they really took it to us, the final margin wasn’t reflective of how that game went. Also I couldn’t bear losing to Collingwood in a final, Carlton was bad enough lol

With 2 months left Id say there are 4 top tier contenders and then another 4, with plenty of time for snakes and ladders movement. Its a very open field. All the media hype is just embarrassing.

If you can’t be ****** debating the topic at hands on its merits why bother posting?
tarkyn, i thought i recognised your foul stench as soon as i was brought onboard
for one, any reasoned, well thought out, superbly posited argument on here still isn't worth a pinch of s**t.
the top four still isn't clear, neither the top 8.
'16 & '17 threw up 2 surprise packets and said that august & september form was all that counted.
we're not there yet
secondly, it's called stirring
thirdly, cant wait for rd 19, will be back to the good old days ......... and that game will tell us a little bit about both our sides finals chances

With 2 months left Id say there are 4 top tier contenders and then another 4, with plenty of time for snakes and ladders movement. Its a very open field. All the media hype is just embarrassing.

Eagles is a prime example of this. Three weeks ago they were clear on top of the ladder and flying. A few unfortunate injuries later and they are struggling big time. Can change quickly.

Back