List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

I went to a PSA school and I find it a bit disturbing that the west live streams the games. Boys in year 11 and 12 have enough going on without having to worry about firsts footy being turned into a public spectacle. Yes, there are future AFL stars playing, but most players are just highschool kids having a kick, that will go on to play ammos during uni.

If they really want ratings they'll broadcast public school games. Urban legend is that a few years before my start in high school, a dude from our school stabbed a dude from our rival (also public) school with a screwdriver, mid soccer game. Now that's television.

On Bailey Williams contract. We need to extend his contract. Hawks are about to swoop and looking at him.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

I'm sure we are in discussions. We don't lose too many players we want to keep - and I can barely remember any that we lost prior to them being free agents (pre-free agency Judd is the obvious one, but he would have qualified as an RFA I think under current rules so kind of the same ball park).

Duggan, Brander, Rotham, Jones should be priorities.

Allen and TB lead a long list of important signings for next year.

Players agreed to a larger-than-required pay cut this year, so you would think that will mean some money is available next year for the first 4. Then retirements (either this year or next) will free up further funds for the OOC 2022 cohort.

In Baz Williams case, he hasn't been denied footy due to a lack of form or stacked side ahead of him. His injury run has been pretty average, and then when he was pressing for a R1 game he dunked a basketball and rolled his ankle after being told not to dunk.

I doubt he'd leave us as a disgruntled young man seeking more opportunity. It'd be the pull of getting closer to home if anything.

If they really want ratings they'll broadcast public school games. Urban legend is that a few years before my start in high school, a dude from our school stabbed a dude from our rival (also public) school with a screwdriver, mid soccer game. Now that's television.

I fondly recall playing a high school basketball game where one of my team-mates was ejected for throwing a chair from the stands at the opposing point guard.

After being told to leave, he proceeded towards his bag and duly pulled out a tomahawk before chasing the referee out of the building in fully-crazed Sideshow Bob manner.

Funnily enough, our school was adjudged to have won as we were ahead when play was suspended.

We weren't invited to participate in the tournament the following year.

All this cripps talk but aren't people quietly hoping that we already have him and his name is Brander. Obviously not at the same level by any measure yet but he has only really just started the new role and is going well. Hasn't played as much inside stuff but seems like he could naturally progress there. That big body comparison Brander is an extra cm but lacks 4 or so kgs but will come with another couple of seasons in the gym. Surely for the price of cripps we don't go chasing and work with what we have. If he comes knocking and says he wants to come to us and is prepared for less $$$ then maybe but we need xfactor break away speed combined with tough in and under hard ball gets. He has the latter but not the former.

Bolton would be who I would be going for wa wise but depends on the asking price. You would think Cripps would still be asking more but reports of Bolton looking/could be asking for $800000 is up there with cripps and too much for us at the moment. Think Bolton has shown a lot but needs a full season at his current output before we ponie up that kinda cash. Would help with midfield but then also our small forward situation if we don't get rioli back and the others never step up. Also will be around an extra 5 years over cripps.

What other wa boys are out there that may want to venture home? Bobby Hill for small fwd role and possibly mid time ala Rioli? Deven Robertson as a mid/accumulator. Is he a contested type accumulator? Others?

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Chad Warner after his blistering start to the season has come back down to earth like most young players .

Hard at it , composed with ball in hand, quick out of the stoppage and on the spread .

Would be a good shuey replacement

Its concerning that he's not getting regular games at the Suns, I agree. Not sure why.
They have a lot of wingers that play for them some on big money in Weller powell and Ellis plus young first rounders who they are pumping games into on the HFF and wing .

He is playing well in the seconds

On Bailey Williams contract. We need to extend his contract. Hawks are about to swoop and looking at him.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

They can think about swooping all they like, they will be ponying up a 1st rounder as a min.

Or will need to part with a decent WA player back our way.

I fondly recall playing a high school basketball game where one of my team-mates was ejected for throwing a chair from the stands at the opposing point guard.

After being told to leave, he proceeded towards his bag and duly pulled out a tomahawk before chasing the referee out of the building in fully-crazed Sideshow Bob manner.

Funnily enough, our school was adjudged to have won as we were ahead when play was suspended.

So I'm guessing you went to high school in either Nicaragua or Armadale?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they have any outside of O'Meara and Grainger-Barras?

Mitchell. Is he sort of WA?

O'Meara is the obvious choice and that has been bandied around in the media.

But I would be extremely wary of taking him due to his knee issues.

Hawks can go trade Gunstan and pay in picks. If we are forced to the trade table I would want picks.

Mitchell. Is he sort of WA?

O'Meara is the obvious choice and that has been bandied around in the media.

But I would be extremely wary of taking him due to his knee issues.

Hawks can go trade Gunstan and pay in picks. If we are forced to the trade table I would want picks.

I honestly think I would struggle to name 1 Hawks player I would want at WC.

They have some decent players and talent (O'Meara, Sicily, Mitchell, CJ, Gunston, even Bruest) but they are all either wrong age, wrong position or not suitable for our game style. They of course also have quite a few players who aren't going to make it.

Any trade with them (for any player) would surely have to be picks only.

I recall an oposition player taking an axe, in a threatening manner, from his parents car boot after a tight game. (We won) Sport brings out the best in people.

Thoughts on Quinton Narkle?

I believe he only signed a one year extension for this year, spends a lot of time with Tim Kelly and Jones.
I reckon if he was a DFA we would've gone after him but when Geelong held onto him we didn't want to deal with them, so let him go. He's 22, and if he is delisted at the end of the year we might pick him up in the SSP as we did with JJ.

When you take your bat and ball and everyone else goes home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back