Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Medical treatment is pro choice and based on society living in freewill. It doesn't mean we are pro disease. It's like me casting a broad brush saying all those pro vax are fear based, narrow minded individuals willing to sacrifice the health of themselves and family members. Clear that assumption is true.

I live my life being proactive in maintaining my health and I don't believe inserting toxins into my body does this. Especially when I have done it before and it didn't bode well for me. You're arrogance and ignorance in this thread to be open minded has no limits does it.

I’m 100% behind you mate, self determination in matters of personal health is a fundamental human right.

Continue to to stand firm in your convictions Rick, the people who resort to hate filled, personal attacks have already lost the debate.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Medical treatment is pro choice and based on society living in freewill. It doesn't mean we are pro disease. It's like me casting a broad brush saying all those pro vax are fear based, narrow minded individuals willing to sacrifice the health of themselves and family members. Clear that assumption is true.

I live my life being proactive in maintaining my health and I don't believe inserting toxins into my body does this. Especially when I have done it before and it didn't bode well for me. You're arrogance and ignorance in this thread to be open minded has no limits does it.
If all it cost a person to treat themselves like s**t was themselves I'd be saying 'Go knock yourself out'. Not vaccinating doesn't just effect you though. It's the same sort of argument as speed limits. They are there to protect your passengers, pedestrians and other vehicle occupants as much or more than yourself.

Even if it just affected the people not vaccinating though, it's not fair when a bunch of them get sick and cost tens of thousands in care, instead of taking a $100 vaccine and the rest of us bear that cost. Anyone who gets COVID-19 who refused a vaccine should be bottom of any treatment list and be footed the bill as well.

Even when things are, evidently.

well yea, even if they are to you, i can never see them like that, even if i want to. i don't think it's ever as simple as "if you're not this, you're that", humans are never that simple, and this issue is certainly not that simple.

raman

Kind of a Jagger-Tarzan
Apr 8, 2005
Enemy terriroty
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i mean if you've had a bad reaction to a vaccine before you'd be cautious about a mandatory one right

Who said anything about mandatory?

Also, in your example does the person who had a bad reaction to a vaccine know why they had a bad reaction? Were they allergic to an ingredient commonly found in vaccines, perhaps? Because that's a real thing. And the people who have such allergies are one of the high risk groups that anti-vaxxers are attacking.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If all it cost a person to treat themselves like sh*t was themselves I'd be saying 'Go knock yourself out'. Not vaccinating doesn't just effect you though. It's the same sort of argument as speed limits. They are there to protect your passengers, pedestrians and other vehicle occupants as much or more than yourself.

Even if it just affected the people not vaccinating though, it's not fair when a bunch of them get sick and cost tens of thousands in care, instead of taking a $100 vaccine and the rest of us bear that cost. Anyone who gets COVID-19 who refused a vaccine should be bottom of any treatment list and be footed the bill as well.

Until we know for sure that the vaccine reduces transmission rather than reduce the severity, then if someone chooses not to vaccinate doesn't it just affect themselves (and those that care about them)?

Me I'll be getting it asap, I want to go overseas again and I'm expecting that if you don't get the jab you won't be getting travel insurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If all it cost a person to treat themselves like sh*t was themselves I'd be saying 'Go knock yourself out'. Not vaccinating doesn't just effect you though. It's the same sort of argument as speed limits. They are there to protect your passengers, pedestrians and other vehicle occupants as much or more than yourself.

How far are you going to extrapolate this?

Smokers?
People who eat Maccas?
Over a certain BMI?
People who work too many hours?

These things (well bar the last one) are far more likely to cause a far greater burden and cost to the health care system.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What's your definition of a "toxin"?

1612324947554.png

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
How far are you going to extrapolate this?

Smokers?
People who eat Maccas?
Over a certain BMI?
People who work too many hours?

These things (well bar the last one) are far more likely to cause a far greater burden and cost to the health care system.
Working too many hours is something most don't want to do, smokers and the obese (Bodyfat % as BMI is useless, by that almost everyone on Port's list is obese) should be shunted down treatment lists and contribute to medical expenses where they are a known factor (heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc.). With a finite amount of money for the health system (I don't want the money going into it cut at all, in case this is read that way) I'd rather the resources go to those unfortunate enough to need it through no fault of their own as the top priority.

I hope all you younguns are getting your non-toxic Polio vaccinations. :shoutyoldman:

Oh, that's right, the widespread use of the Polio vaccine wiped out Polio years ago in all but a few under developed countries.

my father had the joy of spending a year in an iron lung

1612327637766.png

Now that's a lock down!

Working too many hours is something most don't want to do, smokers and the obese (Bodyfat % as BMI is useless, by that almost everyone on Port's list is obese) should be shunted down treatment lists and contribute to medical expenses where they are a known factor (heart disease, diabetes, cancer etc.). With a finite amount of money for the health system (I don't want the money going into it cut at all, in case this is read that way) I'd rather the resources go to those unfortunate enough to need it through no fault of their own as the top priority.

Well I'd suggest we look at smoking and Alcohol.

Alcohol is one of the biggest cause of domestic violence in society

If we just blanket ban alcohol well society will be much better for it.

Smoking is a non value added activity that causes many terminal illnesses, it's a useless addition to society. Let's enforce a complete ban of that also.

I'm with Andre, if your BMI is over 30, the government should step in and put you on a clean green diet and FORCE you to exercise every day until you are down to 20.

You can chastise me all you want. I had a very bad reaction to a vaccine and therefore have extreme reluctance to future vaccines. People can joke but I know people who have had their children suffer from Vaccines with ongoing medical issues, so to some it may be an easy decision to get a jab as there has been no consequences, but others where they have been affected or their children effected there is reluctance.

If you had the vaccine for any illness your all good, don't worry about those who don't want them or reluctant, they are the ones who will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back