Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a PR thing. I suppose Hunt did it for the Coalition and Gillard for the ALP. The ALP is so bereft of talent and personalities these days they have to re visit the past.
Albo and others got their jab 2 weeks ago. Yeah its PR.

This was purely an AstraZeneca promotion. Morrison, Albanese and co all got the Pfitzer jab but as the Morrison Government has done a deal with CSL to manufacture AstraZeneca in Australia they feel they have to sell it to us.

They are probably right as I would prefer the Pfitzer jab but like the rest of Australia I will take what I am given. After all if it is good enough for Greg and Julia it should be good enough for me.

Anyone who uses politics as a basis for deciding whether or not to get vaccinated is an idiot. Everyone is entitled to make up their own mind but the decision should be made on the merits of the vaccine. ...
They're not basing their decision on politics. The survey is pointing out a possible correlation between right wing voters and opposition to vaccination.

It was a PR thing. I suppose Hunt did it for the Coalition and Gillard for the ALP. The ALP is so bereft of talent and personalities these days they have to re visit the past.

Yes they certainly don't have anybody with the charisma and raw animal magnetism of *checks notes* Greg Hunt.

Talk about the wrong end of the stick...

I saw the Indonesian Tourism Minister on the ABC this morning teiiling us that his Government is keen to establish a travel bubble between Bali and Australia. His proviso is that Australians traveling to Bali will need to be vaccinated or have a negative COVID test before departure. He said his Government was hoping to start the bubble late March or early April. He is probably right with March or April but it is likely to be March or April 2022.

The problem with travel bubbles is they need to be exclusive. As an example Indonesia has recently announced a travel bubble with the UAE which recorded 2,959 cases yesterday. If the Indonesians decide to let travellers from the US and Europe in as well as Australians there is the chance of Australians contracting the virus.

Yesterday Indonesia had 5,767 new local cases while Australia had zero local cases. It is more likely that the Australian Government will mandate two weeks isolation upon return and there would not be enough hotel space for that to happen in 2021. As I watched I thought, 'some of these overseas Governments have no idea about how the Australian COVID strategy works'.

Australia is due to finish vaccination by October so it is doubtful that international border restrictions with Indonesia will be lifted before then.

Wow. No chance in hell.

Association of State-Issued Mask Mandates and Allowing On-Premises Restaurant Dining with County-Level COVID-19 Case and Death Growth Rates — United States, March 1–December 31, 2020 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

Am I reading it wrong or there's (as already known before COVID) zero benefit to masks in public. Considering the people touching their masks at the footy to put them on off between quarters etc wouldn't you be more at risk of touching something then touching your mask and then breathing that in for a quarter etc?

Also an obvious question.. is the stadium supplying masks? Assuming so but on the news the AO guy said don't forget it.

There are benefits to wearing masks, if you don't like it don't go to the football

If the mask isn't going to make a difference whether you get Corona or not then it's fair to ask wtf is the point? It's not even consistent at the match. Especially in the state with no real danger from it, you can do everything else you want, smush up on the after game train\tram shoulder to shoulder for 10m before it even leaves the station, go roll on each other in the mall etc. The restrictions at the game seem classic "look like we are doing something". Especially after just being at the cricket where they put everyone in bays.. bunched up.

So do Scomo and Dan Andrews.
Dan's fine. Will win the 2022 election in a landslide.

There's also a difference.

Dan made changes to inadequacies of DHS and HQ..

Scomo and Colbeck did nothing for the aged care sector which they've made billion dollar cuts to and not even send a regulator in once during a pandemic.

If the mask isn't going to make a difference whether you get Corona or not then it's fair to ask wtf is the point? It's not even consistent at the match. Especially in the state with no real danger from it, you can do everything else you want, smush up on the after game train\tram shoulder to shoulder for 10m before it even leaves the station, go roll on each other in the mall etc. The restrictions at the game seem classic "look like we are doing something". Especially after just being at the cricket where they put everyone in bays.. bunched up.
Seriously? People are still not convinced they work? Wtf?

Generally its gonna be very difficult to get corona at the footy, mask or not.

Depending on the ground its more likely gonna be carlton draft, xxxx or coopers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ll provide disposables at at least $5 a pop, nothing could be more certain.
I don't doubt they'll sell masks at a huge mark up but I took "provide" to mean for free. Given you have to be wearing a mask to enter the ground you have to have already purchased at least one mask before you arrive.

I don't doubt they'll sell masks at a huge mark up but I took "provide" to mean for free. Given you have to be wearing a mask to enter the ground you have to have already purchased at least one mask before you arrive.

...and you have no choice but to buy one from them if you forget. That's what they'll be counting on to make a killing.

...and you have no choice but to buy one from them if you forget. That's what they'll be counting on to make a killing.

I'll buy a billion cheap ones and hand em out free outside the gates, campaigners

Seriously? People are still not convinced they work? Wtf?

in general public no because people don't carry around 12 in a hygienic container to correctly change whenever touched. That's why I'm asking did the CDC report not just confirm that they made no difference, something already known before.

The argument about them being a necessity at the football is separate, it's not even consistent within the stadium and then you're free to go cough on everyone on a tram or train, or the bridge if you want to spread the love outside.

Scomo and Colbeck did nothing for the aged care sector which they've made billion dollar cuts to and not even send a regulator in once during a pandemic.

Sports Rorts.....

Morrison and Co are pretty on the nose and so they should be - I can’t trust a politician who is hooked up with religion and his good mate owns Hillsong.

Dan is a piece of s**t

Scomo is a piece of s**t.

Peas in a pod.

the fact you can take it off once you're seated to cough all over your fellow bogan is amazing.

Doubtless there will be plenty of people hawking masks outside of the ground. The SMA and the ACC will be left with the clean up bill for all the discarded masks inside the ground and around the Oval.

Obviously Nicola thinks you cannot catch COVID on the train on the way to the ground or in the pubs around the CBD or even while you are sitting watching the game. The only place you are likely to contract COVID is on the way to and from your seat.

I suppose we should be grateful and wearing a mask for approximately 30 minutes is a small price to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back