Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An investigation in to public claims of abuse isn't a charge.

You're putting a digression on top of a digression on top of a digression. Is that deliberate?

Your "cancelation" (my "consequences") is nothing more than the sum total of people's opinions about a certain person or thing, and the active or passive ways in which those opinions may manifest. Any legal machinations that may or may not occur are a completely separate matter.

The Dixie Chicks went full SJW-cancel culture loony on themselves because its a stretch to claim that its a racist, white supremacist name.

Meh, Dixie has the kinda southern state/confederate vibe to it, maybe they didn't think that gelled with them anymore? Don't see how it's a big deal.

Meh, Dixie has the kinda southern state/confederate vibe to it, maybe they didn't think that gelled with them anymore? Don't see how it's a big deal.

It’s exactly the same as Cheesegate in Australia. An absolute nonevent that really rustles jimmies in certain people because it makes them think “Does this mean it might be socially judicious for me to change very slightly with the times at some indeterminate point in the future?! Help! Help! I’m being oppressed!”

I think Labor losing its base is more to do with Murdoch than the greens. The base being that low-income working class group that voted Labor for unions and workers rights. Murdoch has been able to sway these people away by appealing to ignorance, xenophobia and the like. The libs will keep you safe from these illegal immigrants stealing your jobs. The libs will crack down hard on your neighbour the dole bludging scum. The libs will stop you from having to be reminded that LGBTQ people exist.
Why can't people through the Murdoch bullsh-t? One of the best post in weeks.

Dixie Land was a nickname to describe the former confederate states, and they're from Texas. So they're chicks that come from Dixie Land.

Saying that Dixie Land is something that glorifies the Confederation is a stretch. Its like saying Great Britain, and British are problematic because colonisation = bad.

An interesting fact - "Dixie's Land" was Abraham Lincoln's favorite song before the start of the Civil War as it was an extremely popular song in the North.

An interesting fact - "Dixie's Land" was Abraham Lincoln's favorite song before the start of the Civil War as it was an extremely popular song in the North.

I love Gone With the Wind and nearly tear up when it comes up at the beginning. Yeah, I'm complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first time I've ever seen controversy regarding the name of the Dixie Chicks was an hour ago when a certain somebody in this thread said their name was the reason they got cancelled, which is an absolute crock of s**t and I reckon said poster knows that too.

Dixie Land was a nickname to describe the former confederate states, and they're from Texas. So they're chicks that come from Dixie Land.

Saying that Dixie Land is something that glorifies the Confederation is a stretch. Its like saying Great Britain, and British are problematic because colonisation = bad.

It was used before that as a 'minstrel' song. It became the unofficial anthem of the Confederacy.

Breweries and roads have removed Dixie from the name as well, similar to the removals of the Confederate battle flags and other things that glorify the fight to retain slavery.

It was used before that as a 'minstrel' song. It became the unofficial anthem of the Confederacy.

Breweries and roads have removed Dixie from the name as well, similar to the removals of the Confederate battle flags and other things that glorify the fight to retain slavery.
Lets not forget the real victims here

1628052268236.png

You're putting a digression on top of a digression on top of a digression. Is that deliberate?

Your "cancelation" (my "consequences") is nothing more than the sum total of people's opinions about a certain person or thing, and the active or passive ways in which those opinions may manifest. Any legal machinations that may or may not occur are a completely separate matter.
People found guilty or admitting to it, getting cancelled, being punished = good

People maintaining their innocence, never found guilty, never even been to trial, getting punished = not something I am on board with.

Not rocket surgery.

The consequence of someone being accused of something they dispute was them losing their livelihood. Do you truly believe that is fair and justice? When the accuser has no intent to actually persue justice through the law?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
  1. The word "Dixie" originally referred to currency issued first by the Citizens State Bank in the French Quarter of New Orleans and then by other banks in Louisiana.[23] These banks issued ten-dollar notes[24] labeled Dix on the reverse side, French for "ten" (correctly pronounced [dis], DEESE). The notes were known as "Dixies" by Southerners, and the area around New Orleans and the French-speaking parts of Louisiana came to be known as "Dixieland."[5] Eventually, usage of the term broadened to refer to the Southern states in general.

BAN the French!

It’s exactly the same as Cheesegate in Australia. An absolute nonevent that really rustles jimmies in certain people because it makes them think “Does this mean it might be socially judicious for me to change very slightly with the times at some indeterminate point in the future?! Help! Help! I’m being oppressed!”
Forgetting those concerned with a slippery slo... Surface felt a little vindicated in their concerns when the person behind it rubbed his hands, went what's next, and set his sights on the Calton football song, against all assurances from others that that would absolutely not be the case.

1. The word "Dixie" originally referred to currency issued first by the Citizens State Bank in the French Quarter of New Orleans and then by other banks in Louisiana.[23] These banks issued ten-dollar notes[24] labeled Dix on the reverse side, French for "ten" (correctly pronounced [dis], DEESE). The notes were known as "Dixies" by Southerners, and the area around New Orleans and the French-speaking parts of Louisiana came to be known as "Dixieland."[5] Eventually, usage of the term broadened to refer to the Southern states in general.

BAN the French!
Ban minstrelsy which is where the song that popularised the term came from.
Also ban armies fighting in favour of slavery who used the term as a rallying call.

But yeah, it's about biscuits.

The musician has said that his single worst day of self-mutilation involved cutting himself with a razor blade no fewer than 158 times — an act that he hinted happened after a temporary breakup with Evan Rachel Wood in 2008. Per NBC News, he implied a more manipulative purpose for the act in a 2009 interview, saying, "I wanted to show her the pain she put me through. It was like, 'I want you to physically see what you've done.'"

Definitely sounds like a normal well adjusted fella and not someone who'd be in an abusive relationship[/QUOTE]

In a different situation this would come with a mental health warning.

'man takes breakup really badly and acts out in terrible way' - lol he's a scumbag that deserves all bad things coming his way.

People found guilty or admitting to it, getting cancelled, being punished = good

People maintaining their innocence, never found guilty, never even been to trial, getting punished = no something I am on board with.

Not rocket surgery.

OK so you're not on board with me deciding I probably won't have OJ over for dinner despite his sterling comic turn in the Naked Gun films. I'm comfortable with that, that's your prerogative.

The consequence of someone being accused of something they dispute was them losing their livelihood. Do you truly believe that is fair and justice? When the accuser has no intent to actually persue justice through the law?

Yep. I'm sure he is crying into his millions of dollars and into the shoulders of an endless bucket of groupies who don't care about the accusations, as well as probably another bucketful for whom it's a positive turn-on. Geez if Ted Bundy can get married in jail, I'm sure Brian Warner can still get laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back