Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect it starts this Thursday when Qantas start rewarding the vaccinated and start marketing their campaign to go home for Christmas (on the day they announce their loss for the previous financial year). I could be wrong of course, but I'm expecting us to be blitzed with rewards for being vaccinated and no premier (except McGowan) will fight this and be accused of ruining Christmas.
Qantas has jumped the gun in the past.

It's a risk consideration, weighing up ruining Xmas against the risk of bringing covid into a state. I think there's a good chance other states won't allow travel from NSW if cases are high even with high vaccination levels. You can still spread covid while fully vaccinated (even though the transmission risk is lower). You can even quarantine for 14 days and still test positive afterwards. Gladys is cutting off NSW from the rest of the country.

Last edited:
Qantas has jumped the gun in the past.

It's a risk consideration, weighing up ruining Xmas against the risk of bringing covid into a state. I think there's a good chance other states won't allow travel from NSW if cases are high even with high vaccination levels. You can still spread covid while fully vaccinated (even though the transmission risk is lower). You can even quarantine for 14 days and still test positive afterwards. Gladys is cutting off NSW from the rest of the country.

Think about this in terms of the home quarantine trial SA is starting this week.

If people can go to their home in SA from NSW, quarantine there for 14 days and then catch up with family without taking up places in the medi-hotel system then isn't this the first step of doing exactly that? Maybe I've missed something but it looks like that is what will happen.

There's still a long way to go before December but perhaps it will be you can travel interstate from a hotspot state if you have had two doses, and you must isolate until tested once you get there.

Think about this in terms of the home quarantine trial SA is starting this week.

If people can go to their home in SA from NSW, quarantine there for 14 days and then catch up with family without taking up places in the medi-hotel system then isn't this the first step of doing exactly that? Maybe I've missed something but it looks like that is what will happen.
There's a chance people will go out while in quarantine and invite people over.

But it gets back to risk. If numbers are in NSW are still very high, I don't think other states will risk it. A state is more likely to allow interstate travellers if they come from a state where numbers are sufficiently low. It think it could happen but NSW could be excluded.

It's quite clear Morrison's strategy is to open up at 70% and he thinks this will help him win the election. Any criticism of this will be construed as purely political posturing.
Nothing like public health as a wedge issue.

NSW - 818 cases recorded in the past 24 hours and 771 cases active in community. Gladys, what is your definition of a lockdown??
They are all at the beach ''exercising''.

More likely to die of entitlement than covid there.

Can't blame the government for not doing things when you wanted an exemption AN EXEMPTION AND GOT IT. Big cake and eat it too going on there. Cases doubling again this weekend. A disaster of their own doing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mother doesn't believe in the vaccine for her own reasons but still got vaccinated because she has the insight to realise she can't cross the border interstate to see family without it. You don't see her going out and protesting like those selfish antivax fools in Sydney and Melbourne. Those people are the type that spread it here and wonder why we are struggling to keep it under control. That includes the other protestors too and the idiots who break the rules. Also the politicians have alot to answer for too but because I hate politics I don't bother discussing on this board or anywhere else for that matter. I am a mental health professional and have seen first hand the effects of covid on people including myself recently. I don't complain when I have to get fully vaccinated and follow the rules even though I haven't seen my wife overseas for nearly two years because of border closures and the mental health issues this has caused me. So please remember that we are in this together as a Nation and it's ok to be humble and mature in discussing this. Please look after yourselves too during these difficult times. Even in lockdown we can call someone if we are feeling down. Cheers
It was semi sarcastic, but I suggested to a mate recently that these troglodytes who reckon the rules don't apply to them should be shipped off to their own island, and they could then only be allowed to exit the island when they present documented proof that their IQ has risen above zero.

I heard recently about a bloke in Sydney who didn't think COVID was much of an issue, and didn't see the need for lockdowns and the restrictions they place on people. At last report, he was in the ICU ward at a Sydney hospital - with COVID of course. I've tried to feel sorry for him, without success.

1629687569167.png

Remember when I said I'd wait until this was fully approved? Yeah, not gonna happen now. The whole point of full approval is having faith in an adversarial process that analyses the data that is being collected in terms of efficacy vs risk.

From the same article:

1629687837124.png

Pfizer is a knock off of Ted DiBiase:

I don’t respect other people’s right to refuse to follow the road rules, drive under the influence etc as it could endanger me or my family. I have trouble respecting people’s right not to vaccinate when we are trying our best to deal with a pandemic, but really there is nothing I can do about it. They can’t be forced and we all live with the consequences. I’m not going to throw rocks at them.
There will be restrictions for them just like if you don’t have a travel passport or a license.

I hear where you are coming from but the issue at hand is the UNs universal declaration of freedoms https://www.un.org/en/about-us/universal-declaration-of-human-rights

the result of failing the road rules or the failing to get vaccinated SHOULD NOT result in attacking the freedom of assembly or freedom of movement.

FYI penalties resulting in imprisonment do not infringe on freedom

Once everyone has had "the opportunity" to vaccinate, then the universal freedoms should be restored as the "health issue" becomes one of life as normal rather than an emergency.

I suspect it starts this Thursday when Qantas start rewarding the vaccinated and start marketing their campaign to go home for Christmas (on the day they announce their loss for the previous financial year). I could be wrong of course, but I'm expecting us to be blitzed with rewards for being vaccinated and no premier (except McGowan) will fight this and be accused of ruining Christmas.
Yep

View attachment 1214452

Remember when I said I'd wait until this was fully approved? Yeah, not gonna happen now. The whole point of full approval is having faith in an adversarial process that analyses the data that is being collected in terms of efficacy vs risk.

From the same article:

View attachment 1214460

Pfizer is a knock off of Ted DiBiase:

They deliberately lost their "control group" part way into the trials. Not sure how they can fully approve it. Not that that's going to make any difference anyway as they have been indemnified anyway.

Tredders’ Twitter likes have entered a new and exciting phase…

This is worse than when I found out that Ace Frehley was a brain damaged alcoholic.
Does he not realise that those likes are public? Or does he just not care?

Arsene Wenger we need answers.

McGowan would've told the Feds to fu** off with this trial. And he would've been right.

I'm not so sure. If monitored correctly compliant home quarantine at a suitable residence (e.g. free standing homes vs apartments or townhouses with common space) would be far less risky then shoving people into cbd hotels in adjacent rooms.

The trick will be ensuring compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back