Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal rumble showdown
Entry
#1- Ratkins
#2- Charlie Dixon

that would be a good viewing

Knowing the way things normally play out Ratkins would somehow cheap shot Charlie over the top rope in the opening 10 seconds and then we'd hear

"Look it's a tough rumble and someone's got to lose. We felt Charlie may not have got people over the top rope but he achieved exactly what we wanted him to."

What the f*** is “non essential” interstate travel, no details or thought process as usual.

Now NSW and Victoria apparently want to do an Italy and shut down all non-essential business, something not even China did nation wide during the peak or any other of the successful SE Asian countries over 7 confirmed deaths, let that sink in. It’s batshit insane. We are sacrificing the economic futures of millions to sustain the life of a few sick octogenarians, it makes no sense, it’s reaction driven by fear and panic pure and simple.

The government and the online virtual mob who are driving them aided by the media are pathetic and will have a lot to answer for once things are done and dusted.

What is the correlation between dumb opinions and people who say 'let that sink in'?

I don't know what it is about that phrase, but there's like a 99% correlation between people saying 'let that sink in' and people posting something stupid.

Social distancing can be effective but of course it all depends on compliance. I think most people will do the right thing. But the minority that don't comply, like those that crowded into Bondi beach the other day, will accelerate the spread and rapidly. It's a strategy that's impossible to police.

One reason lockdowns are more effective is because they are easier to enforce.
I heard that the French President was being driven around Paris the first weekend after Paris went into lock down. “Why the hell are all these families having picnics in a packed park for”, he said. He was totally pissed off.

Social distancing can be effective but of course it all depends on compliance. I think most people will do the right thing. But the minority that don't comply, like those that crowded into Bondi beach the other day, will accelerate the spread and rapidly. It's a strategy that's impossible to police.

One reason lockdowns are more effective is because they are easier to enforce.
The ABC blog this morning had an update that there are several new cases amongst backpackers around Bondi. They should have locked down the beach whilst all those people were still on it.

What the f*** is “non essential” interstate travel, no details or thought process as usual.

Now NSW and Victoria apparently want to do an Italy and shut down all non-essential business, something not even China did nation wide during the peak or any other of the successful SE Asian countries over 7 confirmed deaths, let that sink in. It’s batshit insane. We are sacrificing the economic futures of millions to sustain the life of a few sick octogenarians, it makes no sense, it’s reaction driven by fear and panic pure and simple.

The government and the online virtual mob who are driving them aided by the media are pathetic and will have a lot to answer for once things are done and dusted.
A semi trailer full of toilet rolls coming from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Western Highway would be classed as essential. Pass friend!

I've told my mum I'm probably not going to be able to see her for a while. She's 70 and has a heap of health issues.
I'm going to have to work through this entire thing regardless and I just don't know how much risk I can take.

On the plus side it looks like there may be some effective treatments coming online. Every day we get a little bit better at dealing with the virus.

As it is, a relatively small percentage of infected need to be hospitalised and those that are should be in hospital for shorter time periods as the treatments become more effective. We won't stop the virus but we will get it to a point where we can live with it. We do need to limit the spread as best as possible right now because we're still at risk of overwhelming the healthcare system as confirmed cases continue to spike.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is hooning up and down the fire trail on noise-enhanced motor bikes classed as essential travel? Asking for a friend...

As long as you retain social distancing ;)

A semi trailer full of toilet rolls coming from Melbourne to Adelaide via the Western Highway would be classed as essential. Pass friend!

Can envisage a Sopranos style truckjacking

This is data from the USA. It shows the case fatality rate by age group. As you expect the rate increases with age. Two points to bear in mind. These are the rates with the hospital system under little stress. They'll go up once the system is overwhelmed. If you are going to get COVID-19 it's best to get it now.

As the system is overwhelmed there'll be deaths due indirectly to COVID-19. People without the virus who die because hospital systems are overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients. That will affect all age groups, not just the elderly.

1584848898783.png

Nice to see the federal government and states working together on strategies to reduce the spread. :rolleyes:
When you are dealing with a wing it federal government you just need to take matters into your own hands.

If the country goes into lockdown, what happens to those overseas on holiday that are due to come home in the coming weeks?

People have even given plenty of warning to return to Australia. If you are still overseas on holiday in another weeks time, it is not the Australian Governments problem IMO.

The AFL was set to hold an urgent teleconference with club chief executives on Sunday afternoon with this year's season on the verge of being shut down.

The immediate viability of the AFL season beyond Sunday is in grave doubt following Prime Minister Scott Morrison's advice against non-essential travel and the announcement of South Australian Premier Steven Marshall that that state's borders are to be closed.

Skomo should get the RAAF to go get them and bring them home....

I wish before they implement a plan, have a plan to handle it... just like this. .... not leave it to themselves in these times.

Why? It is not as though we have woken up to Covid-19. People have had Plenty of opportunity to either cancel travel plans or return to Australia prior to now. You can’t just go into other countries who are in lock down and demand that Australian citizens are allowed to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back