Corona virus, Port and the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t know why but I just had a thought that the most Ports thing to happen right now is for West Coast to go top with a kick after the siren.

We’ll be moral premiers though because games still mattered when we played the Suns

This arvo I was down the Outer Harbour.
There's a P&O liner berthed at the Viterra Bulk Grain Handling terminal.
Well out of the way of anything.
Laid up at a cheap porting facility due to lack of passengers?
Unloading passengers out of view of general public?
Becoming a grain carrier by loading wheat into all the cabins?
Where are the crew?
Were there any passengers on board?
Seems deserted.
Just seems odd to me.
Anyone know?

New AFL suspended edition commissioned!

487016630_640.jpg

This arvo I was down the Outer Harbour.
There's a P&O liner berthed at the Viterra Bulk Grain Handling terminal.
Well out of the way of anything.
Laid up at a cheap porting facility due to lack of passengers?
Unloading passengers out of view of general public?
Becoming a grain carrier by loading wheat into all the cabins?
Where are the crew?
Were there any passengers on board?
Seems deserted.
Just seems odd to me.
Anyone know?

Magic Mushrooms or LSD?

Just watched SA chief medical officer Dr Nicola ???? talk about SA cases. Said because its now 100 and up 33 today on yesterday, she wont go thru new cases, case by case like in the past pressers.

Said of the 100 cases, no one is a severe case, needing an ICU bed at this stage.

Said all cases so far have involved people travelling from overseas, interstate or directly to people close to someone who had the case.

Said no known examples of community transmission so far. So that's why she recommended to the government to shut the state's borders down.

Just watched SA chief medical officer Dr Nicola ???? talk about SA cases. Said because its now 100 and up 33 today on yesterday, she wont go thru new cases, case by case like in the past pressers.

Said of the 100 cases, no one is a severe case, needing an ICU bed at this stage.

Said all cases so far have involved people travelling from overseas, interstate or directly to people close to someone who had the case.

Said no known examples of community transmission so far. So that's why she recommended to the government to shut the state's borders down.
Yeah they've said the same in ACT re no community transmission, but can't/won't close borders. It's probably impractical because there are effectively Canberra suburbs in NSW.

Might be some in whyalla

We had tickets bought to 2 games in Melbourne in round 5. Wonder how they are going to go about refunds for those?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they've said the same in ACT re no community transmission, but can't/won't close borders. It's probably impractical because there are effectively Canberra suburbs in NSW.
Yeah was thinking that when I heard reports NSW was closing borders and though they can't do it with ACT as its just not practical and was thinking of Queanbeyan plus pollies from country NSW driving into parliament and others flying in.

THE 2020 AFL season has been postponed after just one round due to the coronavirus outbreak.

The 2020 NAB AFL Women's season has been cancelled, with no premiership to be awarded.

Clubs were on Sunday afternoon informed of the decision reached by the AFL Commission. The scheduled Hawthorn-Brisbane and West Coast-Melbourne games will be completed to finish round one.

In a phone hook-up of club officials, the AFL said no matches would be played before June, but it is known that that timeframe could be significantly pushed back.

There remains, though, a commitment to somehow play the remaining 144 matches of the 2020 season, which was last week reduced to a 17-game-per-team fixture.

Oh well will have to watch a few replays

I know lots of people here don't care about AFLW but how would you feel if you were Freo? 6 wins, no losses, have the season cut short and straight into finals, thrash your opposition in your first final, be well on the way to being your whole club's first premiership team in history (women's or men's), and then. Nope. Its done, pack it in, see you next year maybe.

I mean I'm a Liverpool fan so I struggle to feel that much...

The reality though is that they should still be strong next season - even their senior players like Antonio and Bowers are only 28, they should be fine next year.

Yeah was thinking that when I heard reports NSW was closing borders and though they can't do it with ACT as its just not practical and was thinking of Queanbeyan plus pollies from country NSW driving into parliament and others flying in.
Although I think they have said they are investigating legislative change to allow virtual sittings. Ironic because in my working days I spent endless hours banging on about bringing some of their technology practices into the modern era.

Think it's bad now wait until people start breaking mentally

People: pulling knives over toilet paper weeks ago.

Me: considering facetiming my elderly mother and getting her to say “I love Gabe Horn”.

I don't feel like this was necessary for the AFL but was more to stay in step with the National Restrictions Update yesterday. Although I am probably just to fixated on my afl season so it is what it is.

When it comes to people who have this virus, community transmission seems to be very low.

Yet, these unfortunate people were able to catch the virus while they were overseas, interstate, etc.

I wonder if the ability to spread the virus reduces, the further it is disconnected from the original carriers?

This would be great news for curtailing Covid-19. It would also explain why some parts of the world have been hit much harder than others. One of the original carriers visited Italy, Iran, South Korea and it was easily spread. The original carriers have either died or recovered and the virus will begin to peter out as it weakens through transmission.

Just a thought, I'm over all the bad news.

Yeah we have to be really creative in terms of how we provide support for a huge amount of people who need people who are going to be isolated.
In all seriousness I think communities like this one will be important. I know I've spent more time here in the last week or so than usual, and that's not just because of the new season.

Like one of my favourite youtubers does - he runs a live stream every couple of days he says just so people know they're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back