News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm assuming the 154 under investigation, means community transmission.
I've just received that text from a source but still waiting on official breakdowns.

This explains what it means:

I would suggest this new ‘spike’ is just an uncovering of cases that wouldn’t have been discovered if not for the ramped up testing.

If that’s the case it’s almost as concerning as the actual numbers . The fact that there are people out in the community transporting the disease without even knowing they have it 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the new cases, 37 have been linked to outbreaks and 154 are under investigation.

The state’s death toll remains at 22.

The breakdown of new cases linked to known outbreaks are as follows;

- 13 cases relating to the North Melbourne and Flemington public housing towers, with the total now 69.

- 12 new cases linked to the Al-Taqwa College outbreak, with the total now 90.

- 4 new cases have been linked to the Northern Hospital in Epping, with the total now 9. This is made up of 8 staff and 1 household contact.

- 1 case linked to Aitken Hill Primary School in Craigieburn, with the total now 10. The case is a household contact of a confirmed case.

- The remaining new cases are linked to existing family clusters in Truganina, Patterson Lakes/Lysterfield, Fawkner and Sunshine West.

• 772 active cases
  • + 22 community transmission
  • + ~26,300 tests
  • + 36 recoveries
  • + 4 hospitalised (35)
  • + 4 ICU (9)
Wow.

That is a filthy set of numbers sitting here in early July when the rest of the country has gotten this thing under control months back.

We have a Royal Commission for any issue these days - we certainly need one to explain fully what has happened in this State re the Covid second wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back