News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of the North people on Twitter like him. I get it too. They just see things differently. Though now I think Bogart is just trying to cultivate an audience. He’s in the Rita Panahi category for mine. Just found a niche and sticking to it to try and stay relevant. I only respect people that can change their opinions on things based on evidence.

This is a perfect example. The government said they’ll look at lifting restrictions once the 70% vax rate is reached, the government did that. Instead of being happy about the government doing what it said it would do they’re going with sh*t like “he’s only doing it because of polling”

Or my personal favourite “Hes only doing it because NSW did”….completely disregarding that Sydney went into lockdown way before Melbourne and if Sydney did the ‘ring of steel’ Melbourne wouldn’t have gotten this case, nor would the other states.

Our government did the ring of steel the first time to protect the rest of the country from our outbreak but apparently that’s bad too.

Love you Val, but " BOGUT " mate, Bogut.

03 600full-humphrey-bogart.jpg

Why frustrating?
I always find it frustrating when the great bureaucracy sends down an edict that upon close scrutiny leaves us head skratching and looking for answers, but getting crickets. I get the advantages of a slow moving machine that doesnt hop from here to there, but its frustrating.

What could be the thinking you reckon behind not having a policy of aspirating? Does it save "waste" of scarce resources like vaccine and needles? I dunno but someone somewhere with influence and presumably insight thinks it's a good idea. Guessing is frustrating, I assume we're on the same page.

I always find it frustrating when the great bureaucracy sends down an edict that upon close scrutiny leaves us head skratching and looking for answers, but getting crickets. I get the advantages of a slow moving machine that doesnt hop from here to there, but its frustrating.

What could be the thinking you reckon behind not having a policy of aspirating? Does it save "waste" of scarce resources like vaccine and needles? I dunno but someone somewhere with influence and presumably insight thinks it's a good idea. Guessing is frustrating, I assume we're on the same page.
I've heard it makes the process easier on the patient, doesn't hurt as much etc etc That's basically it. Maybe Hojuman might have an idea?

I've heard it makes the process easier on the patient, doesn't hurt as much etc etc That's basically it. Maybe Hojuman might have an idea?

Was always taught to slightly aspirate to ensure you are not in a blood vessel. Don't wanna give an i.m. or sub-cut injection directly into a blood vessel.
Even though for all the 1000's l gave only ever happened to me once.

Last edited:
Just a reminder when we open up, please do not abuse customer service and hospitality workers.

Our venues will be packed full of people and we will always try to get it right but sometimes we make mistakes because we are human not robots :)

also don’t be that coffee shop customer guy.

For the uninformed who can't fairly judge both sides things like this are frustrating, for the well versed i imagine stuff like this gets maddening. How to be outwardly calm in the face of insanity.. maybe its something picked up on the trip from journeyman to expert to master.

Was always taught to slightly aspirate to ensure you are not in a blood vessel. Don't wanna give an i.m. or sub-cut injection directly into a blood vessel.
Even though for all the 1000's l gave only ever happened to me once.
Have you been following what that fella above, Dr John Campbell, has been saying? He's a retired Nursing Teacher (PhD not MD I think). He thinks there might be a link between failing to aspirate then hitting a blood vessel when administering the vaccine and these vaccine related heart/circulatory issues. They don't happen very often, which fits with your experience of it being rare.

I rode over one once on a mt bike. Straight over the middle of the poor bugger lying in the sun. It happened so quickly that I was gone by the time I realised wat had happened

snake story in the Covid thread

go figure

Maybe the snake had covid? interesting…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So I have a reasonably interesting side effect from the vaccines.

Over the last ten days or so, I've developed what only could be described as inflammation of the jaw. Whenever I try to open my mouth as to yawn or chew down on some reasonably solid food, I get a lot of pain around my lower ear. Specifically around the lower half of my earlobe.

Both my nephews have oddly visited their GP's over the last week with the exact same problems. No pain in their teeth, but an obvious extreme discomfort when they try to actually chew.

Not only that, but my nephew told me today that his girlfriends sisters partner has experienced the same issue, exactly.

I honestly haven't heard about anything like this and the coincidence is too obvious to ignore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should add, I've also been to my GP twice over this in the last two weeks and my nephew has also been to his dentist about the issue.

Same diagnosis, inflammation of the jaw.
Read up on TMJ, I have it.

Try to seek TMJ treatment, I got my Physio to do it and it was wonderful

Read up on TMJ, I have it.

Try to seek TMJ treatment, I got my Physio to do it and it was wonderful
He's got me on anti inflammation tabs for a week.

Thanks for the heads up Sach, hopefully that does the job. My nephew said his pain subsided after a week or so.

So I have a reasonably interesting side effect from the vaccines.

Over the last ten days or so, I've developed what only could be described as inflammation of the jaw. Whenever I try to open my mouth as to yawn or chew down on some reasonably solid food, I get a lot of pain around my lower ear. Specifically around the lower half of my earlobe.

Both my nephews have oddly visited their GP's over the last week with the exact same problems. No pain in their teeth, but an obvious extreme discomfort when they try to actually chew.

Not only that, but my nephew told me today that his girlfriends sisters partner has experienced the same issue, exactly.

I honestly haven't heard about anything like this and the coincidence is too obvious to ignore.

My completely unfounded opinion is that the immune response causes inflammation across the body, flaring up things like TMJ, shin splints, etc. In my case it was a recurrence of shingles pain. My wife and I had a monster cold in 2019 and her shin splints pain recurred for about 4-6 weeks after the cold itself.

Any tips on how to " log in " to the Services Vic.app ?

Just downloaded when we needed it but never actually logged in.
You don't need to log on. I have a log on to store my wildlife and fishing licences but in terms of COVID, you don't really need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back