News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

And after my throat started getting sore I'm now a faint positive on a RAT. Will confirm with PCR tomorrow.
You might be a chance of a false positive. I spent a few days away with a covid case before Easter (outdoors) and had a positive RAT on the last day. PCR result 24hrs later came back negative.
Good luck.

Extra pisses me off that they're acutely aware of my immune system troubles. Just do not give a *, and had the audacity to call me selfish.

Call your doc and get onto the anti virals asap. Do you take immunosuppressive medications currently? I tested positive myself yesterday and I’ve already taken my first batch of anti viral meds. Second positive in 3 months ffs and all due to us having one of my son’s mates stay so he could keep clear of his Covid positive siblings and parents.

We won’t be providing such shelter in future. My GP was livid that we had, saying “you do realise it’s no joke in your case?”

Feeling fine. Just a tad rundown but I’m always that way anyway, being a nightowl and all.

Good luck Tmb.

Call your doc and get onto the anti virals asap. Do you take immunosuppressive medications currently? I tested positive myself yesterday and I’ve already taken my first batch of anti viral meds. Second positive in 3 months ffs and all due to us having one of my son’s mates stay so he could keep clear of his Covid positive siblings and parents.

We won’t be providing such shelter in future. My GP was livid that we had, saying “you do realise it’s no joke in your case?”

Feeling fine. Just a tad rundown but I’m always that way anyway, being a nightowl and all.

Good luck Tmb.
Take care and I hope the meds do their job.

And after my throat started getting sore I'm now a faint positive on a RAT. Will confirm with PCR tomorrow.
Hope you're OK and that symptoms are only mild.

Completely irresponsible from those family members and they should be called out.

So my family hid from me they had COVID (unconfirmed but the symptoms lined up, they took a RAT the day after the catch up and sure enough it was positive). I'm now in close contact iso and expecting to be positive very soon. Had to cancel some pretty important medical appointments. Told them I hope they feel better but they were irresponsible, particularly after two years of this stuff, and now they're not speaking to me because apparently I 'didnt care how sick they were'. Bro if you were that sick why give it to other people?

Absolutely gobsmacked that it feels like almost everyone I know simply hasn't learned from this pandemic. We're ducked if something pops up with a 10% plus kill rate.
Holy s**t. That is some epic gaslight skills from the family. Take care mate and 100% on the last point - we are literally just rolling the dice daily now. Despite all the shared delusion worldwide there is no predetermined pathway where this virus evolves towards a minor issue as opposed to an even more deadly version of itself.

That is so irresponsible. I had a friend who went to a wedding. They had covid three days later so did the right thing and called the mother of the bride. MoB said we all do too. We had it last week before the wedding but didn't want to cancel as we would lose our deposit and didn't tell everyone because they would not have come. Ended up a superspreader event. Do these people not realise people actually die of covid? Most don't, most only get flu like symptoms - but some can die.

Hope you miss the germ. Good luck.

Unfortunately I think this is part of the natural response when the messaging from Governments is based around what they wish was the case rather than what is. I get it, it sucks for all of us but it's not going away because we hope hard enough. Sadly COVID is a mirror of what we are seeing with climate change - a complete inability to respond and act to a crisis because fundamentally our nature is to avoid change.

Good luck Tmb.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I'm not on immunosuppressants so unfortunately don't qualify for eligibility (although whenever I get sick I have an almost guaranteed relapse). Hope you and your family are okay TT, you got this.

Good luck Tmb.
Day 1 is a sore throat and a pretty bad headache. No fever, chills, or cough yet and hoping it stays that way.
Good luck with it gents.

Hope all is well soon Twinkletoes Themanbun
Thanks mate, spent last night from 2am onwards in severe fever town, the worst headache of my life, and pain from shingles about 10 years ago. Wasn't far off calling an ambo for the headache.

The last one is weird and is a reaction I also had to the vaccines. Took a bunch of drugs and fell asleep sometime around 5am and woke up feeling s**t, but just cold/flu kind of s**t (although the headache still lingers). Hopefully that's 'the night' most people have but it's on the third day since the sore throat appeared so who knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks mate, spent last night from 2am onwards in severe fever town, the worst headache of my life, and pain from shingles about 10 years ago. Wasn't far off calling an ambo for the headache.

The last one is weird and is a reaction I also had to the vaccines. Took a bunch of drugs and fell asleep sometime around 5am and woke up feeling s**t, but just cold/flu kind of s**t (although the headache still lingers). Hopefully that's 'the night' most people have but it's on the third day since the sore throat appeared so who knows.
If you get through the first 3-5 days then you're generally out of the woods symptoms wise. I got covid 2 weeks ago and still have a lingering cough though.

Things are getting busier at the hospital, probably have to open up another ward. Nurses getting smashed.

Good luck fellas. I was pretty average for 3 weeks and probably took another 3-4 to get over the fatigue. I think I posted above that I would probably have been very sick without vaccinations.

Edit oh I forgot 2022 sucks
The fatigue is killing me too.
Doesn't help that I've been hyped on coffee working nights either

Things are getting busier at the hospital, probably have to open up another ward. Nurses getting smashed.
I genuinely cannot believe how blasé the government has been about this since they decided to flick the switch. I got a text from DH that said in it I was still allowed to drive my wife to work. Uh, no, she will be isolating as well, so we don't ya know, kill people.

I was overseas recently and even in holiday destinations people were distancing, wearing masks where it's crowded, etc. Made me feel a lot safer than here.

I genuinely cannot believe how blasé the government has been about this since they decided to flick the switch. I got a text from DH that said in it I was still allowed to drive my wife to work. Uh, no, she will be isolating as well, so we don't ya know, kill people.

I was overseas recently and even in holiday destinations people were distancing, wearing masks where it's crowded, etc. Made me feel a lot safer than here.
Seems we have gone from one extreme to the other.

I’m sorry to hear, get well soon.

We certainly have not, the unvaccinated still are not allowed to work. Yet there’s some of us who’ve never been sick nor tested positive for the virus.
I'm talking preventatives like masks, sanitising, no vax no entry policies etc.

Wasn’t the vaccine meant to save you?
You didn’t need any of that once we reached certain vaccine rates.
That’s the line you were sold.
I'm happy to be vaxed. The stats overwhelmingly show vaxed people are far less likely to die or be hospitalised if their vax status is up to date. Its not arguable. In terms of ongoing? Sure, who knows where it will end. I don't have an issue with anyone who decides not to be vaxed - that's their choice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back