Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL are quickly displaying a “whatever it takes” approach, rather than focusing on a duty of care to all stakeholders involved in the game. The last time they did this was with Essendon and the doping scandal. They obviously haven’t discovered a moral compass in the meantime.
100%. The broadcast deal and pandering to Murdoch's money will take precedence over everything else.

I'm waiting on Covid 19 results after a trip to the Philippines.
Been 4 days and still no word.
Was looking forward to the Players at Sawgrass, to pass the time, but that got canned after the first round.
As for AFL games going ahead, it will only take one player or a club employee to test positive, and then what?
Stay safe and vigilant everyone.

yeah but the positives are the pie stands are wide open, stewy.........

Stuart+Dew+AFL+Rd+2+Carlton+vs+Gold+Coast+LBTh8IFTvqTl.jpg

Body shaming not cool Thy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope they do go ahead with games. It will be weird without a crowd but who cares? It's footy. I need sport. They've already suspended the NHL and I'm starting to get the DTs...

I'm broken that the NCAA cancelled both men and women's basketball tournaments.

My girls had their best chance ever at winning the entire thing for the first time.

AFL are quickly displaying a “whatever it takes” approach, rather than focusing on a duty of care to all stakeholders involved in the game. The last time they did this was with Essendon and the doping scandal. They obviously haven’t discovered a moral compass in the meantime.
You used "AFL" & "moral compass" in the same post.

Anyone think they are just using sport to distract and make it real. All the while shutting down the global economy, cause a recession, get all the leaders together and come up with the new global plan. All these psychos are getting old and want to see some change and this is probably the time. The mass media going bananas says it all.
Maybe the end to fiat currency, maybe one world government, maybe vaccines for everyone, 5G network who knows but it’s going down. Sport is easy for mind control.
Oh ok the footy is cancelled it must be serious.
If only the new order was coming from love and compassion but unfortunately it’s not.
Interesting times ahead.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone think they are just using sport to distract and make it real. All the while shutting down the global economy, cause a recession, get all the leaders together and come up with the new global plan. All these psychos are getting old and want to see some change and this is probably the time. The mass media going bananas says it all.
Maybe the end to fiat currency, maybe one world government, maybe vaccines for everyone, 5G network who knows but it’s going down. Sport is easy for mind control.

Look at Putin and Russia changing laws so that he could remain in power.

Look at China trying to do similar things for the same purpose.

Trump looking at every potential law/loophole to essentially become America's dictator.

Other major countries who have installed or are trying to install "for life" leaders.

Look at how many times have elections, etc. been declared around sports/entertainment success stories.

I don't think they'd want a significant percentage of the world to die to a pandemic but it would go some way to curbing the world's overpopulation issue. However, I don't see the angst of big countries against China for setting off this pandemic that I would have expected.

But enough politics.

15000 reported infections in Italy with the death toll over 1000...there should be no uncertainty shut up shop fukn
Next highest in Europe is Spain with just over 3k infections & 67 deaths (France & Germany the only other European countries with more than 1k infections & Germany only has 6 deaths). I wouldn't be looking at Italy as an example of where this is headed. 60 million people crammed into a country a fraction of the size of Australia, with an older demographic than most countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back