Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't work roany. Not even in theory and absolutely not in practice. The whole notion of us just going back to normal is purely fanciful.
I see it being at least 5 years before any kind of long term normal is likely. And then only if a vaccine is produced and then proven succesful.
Hope I am totally wrong on this..............

But the human race adapts always and often. Thats the one truth worth noting.
We certainly wont be travelling internationally like we used too. The indian community is going to be hit hard by this. They like going "home" and they are now going to have to isolate for two weeks every time they do vaccine or no vaccine. The potential for a new strain of coronavirus coming from that place is through the roof.

Didn't they try that before we went to stage 4 and it didn't work?
With mandatory testing?
Quarrantine hotel (oh geez!!!) Correctly monitored for positive and close contact cases. Compulsory test and retest. Surely we can't let this go rampant again?

I hear ya BeeBee
But
Not expecting or needing normal
Just feel angry that a bit more freedom may be thwarted by some careless goings on. I don't think we can trust 'self isolating.' Strong boundaries and mandatory testing should help stamp the flare up out quickly.
We need to do what Hong Kong does. Put a monitoring device on the infected, and tell them that if they leave their house they go to jail.

We certainly wont be travelling internationally like we used too. The indian community is going to be hit hard by this. They like going "home" and they are now going to have to isolate for two weeks every time they do vaccine or no vaccine. The potential for a new strain of coronavirus coming from that place is through the roof.
Yeah. Don't see o/s travel 'til at least 2022.

With mandatory testing?
Quarrantine hotel (oh geez!!!) Correctly monitored for positive and close contact cases. Compulsory test and retest. Surely we can't let this go rampant again?
I dont see it as us letting it happen.
I see it as a parasitic cellular lifeform that finds a way to survive despite our efforts.
We could all stay home for 6 months in solitary cells with armed vehicles on the streets and the virus will still spread because that is in its genetic programming.

A virus only has two function, to survive and to multiply, that is its only reason for existing.

It is very hard enemy to fight

That no country has eradicated it, despite different approaches. Lockdown, Herd immunity and all the shades in between. is it realistic and financially viable to continue with Lockdown Protocols?

That no country has eradicated it, despite different approaches. Lockdown, Herd immunity and all the shades in between. is it realistic and financially viable to continue with Lockdown Protocols?

The economic damage of not fighting it seems to be as big or even bigger than not fighting it.

Its a pandemic. Things are bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in tears ...

Tears of joy!

ElOpixJU8AA1IJ7

Nothing yet on the State border but from 11.59PM on Sunday 8th Nov, the 25KM travel limit and Melbourne/regional border will be scrapped.

Going to be a mass exodus out of Vic in the next few months. Massive numbers have purchased places or have job transfers in place. Going to be interesting how bad the affect is when the bigger companies decided to move head offices out of Vic...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back