Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

You're coming across as an entitled boomer mate. No one gives a s**t about your right to play golf. Go move to the United States if you want to live in a country that throws caution to the wind.

Calm down I said overall Dictator Dan had done a pretty good job. I take offence to you telling me to move to the USA (I am a 4th generation Aussie) who are you to tell me that go take a jump. I will accept an apology. You did not even read my post I was talking as much about sport in general being on the one page AFL and NRL about resumption and using golf as an example of why should Victoria be different. Interesting the PM today said all sport should be on the one page which force Dictator Dan's hand.

Calm down I said overall Dictator Dan had done a pretty good job. I take offence to you telling me to move to the USA (I am a 4th generation Aussie) who are you to tell me that go take a jump. I will accept an apology. You did not even read my post I was talking as much about sport in general being on the one page AFL and NRL about resumption and using golf as an example of why should Victoria be different. Interesting the PM today said all sport should be on the one page which force Dictator Dan's hand.

Okay Boomer

Hello, Dan. If you could post something which makes sense, I'll be grateful. Perhaps sober up and have another go in the morning.
Perhaps you'd be better sticking to the facts, rather than denigrating another poster. Here are some facts for you:
  • The population of the USA is 328 million, which is 13 times larger than Australia's population (25 million).
  • The COVID-19 death toll in the USA is 46,000, which is 590 times larger than the Australian death toll (78 deaths.)
Victoria and Australia have absolutely smashed Trump out of the park when it comes to the management of COVID-19. It may not suit your political narrative to focus on those facts... but there it is.

Perhaps you'd be better sticking to the facts, rather than denigrating another poster. Here are some facts for you:
  • The population of the USA is 328 million, which is 13 times larger than Australia's population (25 million).
  • The COVID-19 death toll in the USA is 46,000, which is 590 times larger than the Australian death toll (78 deaths.)
Victoria and Australia have absolutely smashed Trump out of the park when it comes to the management of COVID-19. It may not suit your political narrative to focus on those facts... but there it is.

I may be misinterpreting it here, but I suspect user D. Mitchell was actually giving him/herself some advice (i.e., "Reminder to self: don't post when drunk"), rather than trying to insult the other poster. The reasons for my suspicion:
- D. Mitchell's previous post was incoherent, whereas the post they were replying to was clear.
- They don't seem to have picked up how to quote other posters properly, suggesting that their "reply" there might not have been meant as a reply.
- "Dan" makes a lot more sense if interpreted in light of the username "D. Mitchell" than as a random name applied to another poster.

I may be misinterpreting it here, but I suspect user D. Mitchell was actually giving him/herself some advice (i.e., "Reminder to self: don't post when drunk"), rather than trying to insult the other poster. The reasons for my suspicion:
- D. Mitchell's previous post was incoherent, whereas the post they were replying to was clear.
- They don't seem to have picked up how to quote other posters properly, suggesting that their "reply" there might not have been meant as a reply.
- "Dan" makes a lot more sense if interpreted in light of the username "D. Mitchell" than as a random name applied to another poster.

I suspect the first 6 words of your post are correct... :) ;)

I don't think so. Andrews has already shown he's not going to have his hand forced by the PM on matters that are under Victoria's jurisdiction.

Our federal system doesn't always deliver the best outcomes but it has proved very beneficial during this crisis.

Consider the federal system as a dual filter in situations like this. What one level of government overlooks or decides to let through the other level might just pick up. I gather you aren't a fan of Andrews but if there had been a Liberal premier he/she could well have proved to be just as independently minded.

I don't know where to post this, and I don't want to start a new thread. I have stated on a number of posts on here I don't condone violence.

I am happy to make an exception - if that driver pulled over on the Eastern Freeway that precipitated that horrendous accident the other night next appears in court looking like he's accidentally "fallen down a few flights of stairs, your honour, unfortunately there was no CCTV to capture the incident", I would offer my heartiest congratulations to the officers stairs responsible. What a totally worthless and heartless piece of sh1t he appears to be.

I don't know where to post this, and I don't want to start a new thread. I have stated on a number of posts on here I don't condone violence.

I am happy to make an exception - if that driver pulled over on the Eastern Freeway that precipitated that horrendous accident the other night next appears in court looking like he's accidentally "fallen down a few flights of stairs, your honour, unfortunately there was no CCTV to capture the incident", I would offer my heartiest congratulations to the officers stairs responsible. What a totally worthless and heartless piece of sh1t he appears to be.

Now now.

Calm down and have a Bex.

Now now.

Calm down and have a Bex.

Not a shred of humanity. I'd happily take a pallett of Bex and drop it on him from a great height... but I'm aware a certain monarch on here would be aghast at wastage of perfectly good Bex!. So I'd rather see this guy anally impaled on a tall, sharp, spire-like object. But like I said, I don't condone violence...

(still happy to make an exception for this scumbag)

Not a shred of humanity. I'd happily take a pallett of Bex and drop it on him from a great height... but I'm aware a certain monarch on here would be aghast at wastage of perfectly good Bex!. So I'd rather see this guy anally impaled on a tall, sharp, spire-like object. But like I said, I don't condone violence...

well if he gets put inside that may well happen.... more than once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Let's hope they enjoy having a little pusey in jail. Absolute history of being a piece of crap, but what's come out today is.....well, there aren't enough condemning words quite frankly.

Sometimes I catch myself wishing that we still did public executions. I'd pay for a ticket to see this guy stoned to death.

FMD! An idiot trying to explain something he doesn't understand to people who DO understand it, and are probably silently face-palming. Meanwhile, all his 'supporters' will watch that clip and think he's a genius. I take Guido's point about disparaging people, but this is a lunatic in charge of the asylum. There is NO intelligence in that 70 seconds... none. Just a totally mis-placed belief that he thinks he actually knows what he's talking about. I'll say it again - FMD.

The good news Ivan , only one more sleep before we get to watch another episode.
I hear he is now big on leeches.
Apparently some bloke in 1528 , just out of Cardiff , made a miraculous recovery from a heavy cold after they hit him with some leech treatment.

Dr. Stable Genius. M.D.

I huff Glen 20 as soon as I get up in the morning. No virus yet. Thank you, Dr Trump.

(Sorry, I swore I wasn't going to comment any more in this thread, but this was way too tempting.)

I don't think so. Andrews has already shown he's not going to have his hand forced by the PM on matters that are under Victoria's jurisdiction.

Our federal system doesn't always deliver the best outcomes but it has proved very beneficial during this crisis.

Consider the federal system as a dual filter in situations like this. What one level of government overlooks or decides to let through the other level might just pick up. I gather you aren't a fan of Andrews but if there had been a Liberal premier he/she could well have proved to be just as independently minded.

Dogwatch I find your views balanced although I do not always agree with them. Not like someone else who suggested I leave the country because I had a different view. As for politics I have no firm views either way liberal or labour and I tend to be more influenced by the leader of the party. Yes you are correct I prefer Scott to Dan.

I liked Rudy's new glasses, they made him look very intelligent.

Then he opened his mouth and began blathering indecipherable garbage as slack jawed Barbie guffawed along with her usual schtick of sarcastic incredulity.

It was then that the tissue thin veil of intelligence was cast aside quicker than one of Trumps wives or his abandonment of hydroxychloroquine for the scientific wonders of bringing light inside the body or cleaning the lungs from the inside with disinfectant. "Sounds interesting' Indeed.

I had only seen the clip of him talking about it - but shortly before that an "expert" was talking about the impact sunlight had on the half life of the virus on surfaces, and the half life of the virus when airborne etc

meanwhile - not actually listening to what was being said .......... the genius was putting that thing in his head to work
1587726059115.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back