Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote then if you’re gonna go play the race card.

No problem mate.

Here they are: And that is just two of many that I have come across from you.

Is it just me or are aboriginals constantly dividing Australians?
Picketts aboriginal.

If his partner goes down to Centrelink and goes through the process like normal indigenous Australians they will get enough financial assistance. Go fund me pages because he played 1 game of AFL is beyond absurd.

No problem mate.

Here they are: And that is just two of many that I have come across from you.
Lol is that your evidence of racism.

I guess its a case of seek and you will find.

Let me take a wild guess here - you went to a BLM protest huh?

Governments are the ones that are making the season farcical, European teams in soccer have no problem travelling city to city with thousands of more cases.

The hysteria in Australia is just unreal.
Which is why we have much less cases per capita than them...

I agree with Robbo on AFL 360 for once. The huge BLM protests not only broke all the rules and potentially spread the virus, but it made everyone else think “ah stuff it, they are flouting the rules so if its good enough for them...”
Spot on the minute that happened everyone elese went i don't care. I couldn't seemy mum on Mothers Day but i can join a 10k plus protest march

Not a single case has been traced back to being caught at any of the BLM events.

If people thought that it was ok to break restrictions due to seeing people protest, when it posed such a high risk, why was the government in victoria actively seeking to have crowds at AFL games for round 5 of AFL season during that exact same time.

You've also said in a number of other threads, that Indigenous people are dole bludgers and many other racist things, whilst having a Tim Kelly avatar.

trying to blame the BLM protest for the Covid spread in Victoria is just you trying to provide a cover for your racist impulses.
Widely reported in
‘it was before blm. And blm had no effect in other states
Didn't say it had anything to do with other states. There have been 3 reported cases from people who attended that march in Melbourne and have then gone on and infected other people.

Yup.

The only reason there is a problem is because the Victoria centric league want to play in Victoria.

Better get used to playing in WA/QLD/SA boys because i doubt there will be many games in Victoria this year.
What Victoria centric element? Without crowds most fans cgaf where it is played. May as well play in WA and NT with crowds. Problem is getting player agreement to hub it for 8 weeks+

The sad thing is how the AFL have got this so wrong. On the other hand, the NRL has nailed it, theyve got an improving spectacle with sensible rule changes, have crowds back at games, and a legitimate season going ahead fairly normally. The AFL is a mess in comparison, granted more complicated with more states involved, but still.
NRL said f it we are playing. More to do with Qld and NSW been less affected. What can the AFL do really? They are caught in the interstate cross fire

Widely reported in
Didn't say it had anything to do with other states. There have been 3 reported cases from people who attended that march in Melbourne and have then gone on and infected other people.

Three people who caught the virus attended the rally.

Not a single person has caught the virus at the rally.

The rally is not the seeding event.

Nobel Laureate Michael Levitt ..... " virus that is exactly as dangerous as the flu"

If more positive tests come in and the death rate doesn't take off with it all it proves is it is sure contagious but far less fatal than first thought. Herd immunity ftw. And those arguing against Herd immunity what do you think a vaccine does?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is when you say it ok to march in a massive group while other Vics are doing the right thing and staying at home people think * it I am going to go about my business with no regard at all for other peoples health or safety and that is why Victoria has gone backwards and pretty much ruined a footy season

If more positive tests come in and the death rate doesn't take off with it all it proves is it is sure contagious but far less fatal than first thought. Hird immunity ftw. And those arguing against Hird immunity what do you think a vaccine does?

Fatality rate is going down all the time, it has gone down from estimated 5% to ball park flu levels, CDC has it at 0.26% ATM, a huge drop.

Quite frankly it is a joke.

It is at least 20 times less lethal than what we were told and locked down on .... yet here we still are.

Fatality rate is going down all the time, it has gone down from estimated 5% to ball park flu levels, CDC has it at 0.26% ATM, a huge drop.

It is at least 20 times less lethal than what we were told and locked down on .... yet here we still are.
So it knocked off the first few who unluckily got it before mutating to something more binine. Follows a pattern for most new viruses

Hird immunity

iEbqJh6.gif

The ignorance about this virus, given all the information that is available out there, is astounding. The mortality rate of COVID is undetermined but also pretty irrelevant. The data shows that if a person with symptoms can access treatment, it is highly likely they will be kept alive and generally it has been the elderly that are at most risk of dying.

But that is not the problem. The problem is if it gets away from you. Then your hospital system buckles under the strain and the mortality rate goes up significantly. In the US, on raw numbers the mortality rate is above 5% because their hospital system could not cope. The New York Times listed 10 things we absolutely know about this virus. One is that the greatest cause of widespread community infection is super-seeding events - lots of people in one place at one time - because contact tracing becomes so difficult at these events.

You can see now the problem in Victoria. You go from 10 or 12 cases one day to 75 plus in a weeks time. If that rate of increase continues you are at 500 cases per day in 2 weeks. It starts to double very quickly and already health experts are saying it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I cannot see AFL navigating this, having the space to complete a "full" season because the countries leadership and the states obviously have right at the front of their thinking that they have to to do whatever it takes to stop this spread getting out of control and I cannot see that going away until next year sometime.

Hird immunity is all he ever wanted

he was a sacrificial lamb, i noticed the other one sacrificed has got plenty of work from C7, must have been a rethink or alternatively they decided that after all that he had done nothing wrong, he would have no work unless the AFL OK-ed it.

In many cases virus spreads more quickly through a lack of common sense and not adhering to the advice. Gathering in groups of tens of thousands while there's a pandemic going on probably wasn't a good idea.

Pot luck if we escape from it with no cases drawn from it, but still quite stupid at this time. But its the attitude that individuals know better than the advice that has put Victoria in our current situation. I blame all those who as soon as restrictions were lifted all gathered and spent the next few weeks going out together, shopping in groups, attending big family gatherings and outings, caught up with every single person they could. Just cause we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

The ignorance about this virus, given all the information that is available out there, is astounding. The mortality rate of COVID is undetermined but also pretty irrelevant. The data shows that if a person with symptoms can access treatment, it is highly likely they will be kept alive and generally it has been the elderly that are at most risk of dying.

But that is not the problem. The problem is if it gets away from you. Then your hospital system buckles under the strain and the mortality rate goes up significantly. In the US, on raw numbers the mortality rate is above 5% because their hospital system could not cope. The New York Times listed 10 things we absolutely know about this virus. One is that the greatest cause of widespread community infection is super-seeding events - lots of people in one place at one time - because contact tracing becomes so difficult at these events.

You can see now the problem in Victoria. You go from 10 or 12 cases one day to 75 plus in a weeks time. If that rate of increase continues you are at 500 cases per day in 2 weeks. It starts to double very quickly and already health experts are saying it is going to get worse before it gets better.

I cannot see AFL navigating this, having the space to complete a "full" season because the countries leadership and the states obviously have right at the front of their thinking that they have to to do whatever it takes to stop this spread getting out of control and I cannot see that going away until next year sometime.

you lock down aged care facilities as best as you can, the rest is common sense, wash your hands and if you feel crook don't go into work.

you never quarantine the healthy, you don't need to stop people working, playing or living

you have more chance of dying from the flu if you are pregnant, a kid or under 65 or so

its mortality rate is quite low, 0.26% the last estimate from the CDC,

In many cases virus spreads more quickly through a lack of common sense and not adhering to the advice. Gathering in groups of tens of thousands while there's a pandemic going on probably wasn't a good idea.

Pot luck if we escape from it with no cases drawn from it, but still quite stupid at this time. But its the attitude that individuals know better than the advice that has put Victoria in our current situation. I blame all those who as soon as restrictions were lifted all gathered and spent the next few weeks going out together, shopping in groups, attending big family gatherings and outings, caught up with every single person they could. Just cause we can do something, doesn't mean we should.

But I bet you were looking forward to going to the football this week when we knew the Vic Gov was actively trying to make crowds happen.

Your hypocrisy is showing, dude.

But I bet you were looking forward to going to the football this week when we knew the Vic Gov was actively trying to make crowds happen.

Your hypocrisy is showing, dude.
Wrong. I've been at home for a few months, I've seen a bubble of about 12 people, sparingly. 90% of my time has been spent only with those in my household. I get everything delivered and have been working from home. Haven't eaten out, gone to the shops, and largely the only time I leave the house has been for medical appointments or a round of golf/ daily walk with a playing partner who lives in my household anyway.

Despite being invited to stuff, (like the pub on Friday with a group of mates) I've declined, largely because I know I can probably wait a bit rather than galavanting around increasing risk during a pandemic.

Common sense and temporary extra precautions aren't hard. Its selfish individuals who decide and think they know better and openly break rules, thats the mindset that has put Victorians in this spot, and it might only be a collection of idiots but thats all it takes.

Not everyone will be as strict as I have, thats fine, their choice. But use some common sense, groups of thousands or seeing every mate you can on any given night is just taking the piss.

Don't assume when you don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back