Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a right wing bogan if i celebrate Australia day aren't i?

Maybe if you’re planning on celebrating it in July?

Not sure what other relevance it has to the current conversation.

None of the above are peer reviewed Journals - that said
New Scientist article says Lung damage is the same as Flu
Guardian article is about Lung damage in dead people
Hopkins articles says Lung damage is treatable and not permanent.

None of the above are peer reviewed Journals - that said
New Scientist article says Lung damage is the same as Flu
Guardian article is about Lung damage in dead people
Hopkins articles says Lung damage is treatable and not permanent.

its fear pr0n and has been happening and still continues, same as the Kawasaki disease scare in kids from covid which was debunked

the media has scared the shizenhausen out of everyone deliberately for financial gain and also political gain

I'm kind of amazed at how this virus has been politicised.

Quarantine failed in Victoria. It didn't fail due to philosophy, it failed due to incompetence by the people in charge.
We have serious community transmission in the west. Nothing to do with who they vote for, lots to do with the kind of thick headed morons involved.
The kind of morons who refuse to be even tested for it.
The PM said its not Australian to force people to be tested. Well, yeah , and its not Australian to refuse testing either.
Or am i being too nationalistic and right wing by saying that?
You may have your left and right mixed up, however, I get your point.

Call me radical, but I reckon the shaming of beach goers is lame too. Outside, salt air and hot sand. Can’t see any virus flourishing really

it’s only the way photographers frame it which looks like everyone is 10cm apart. They arent
I was walking on a dirt road near Pt. Impossible beach about a month ago, when I stopped on the spot (off the road) for about a minute, as the tide was too far in for me to continue on my usual route. As I was working out which alternate way I’d keep walking, I could hear a car idling behind me. I turned around and it was a police car and I was copping the biggest stinkeye of all time! When I recommenced walking, I didn’t encounter another person for approx half a kilometre, passing them at a distance of at least 50 metres!

I'm kind of amazed at how this virus has been politicised.

Quarantine failed in Victoria. It didn't fail due to philosophy, it failed due to incompetence by the people in charge.
We have serious community transmission in the west. Nothing to do with who they vote for, lots to do with the kind of thick headed morons involved.
The kind of morons who refuse to be even tested for it.
The PM said its not Australian to force people to be tested. Well, yeah , and its not Australian to refuse testing either.
Or am i being too nationalistic and right wing by saying that?
See, I'm not sure I agree with this. What did Andrews and the Victorian government do that was fundamentally different to other states? I think it failed due to the stupidity of individuals.

I heard it perhaps best described as “caution fatigue”. People just become less concerned, especially as things were tracking so well. Seems to have happened elsewhere. I don’t think it’s left or right.

Of course this in no excuse for people flouting the rules, and less for staff ignoring quarantine protocols. And people refusing testing baffles me. But I don’t think that’s left or right either.

Of course this is all human behaviour, though sadly so is the need to politicise everything, for some anyway.

I dont know about other states, but the vibe seems to be contract a firm in to do things rather than just employ temporary people within the PS.

The increasing casual nature of a lot of work is a real factor in my opinion. I wonder if afterwards we'll have the motivation as a soceity to push back on this trend

See, I'm not sure I agree with this. What did Andrews and the Victorian government do that was fundamentally different to other states? I think it failed due to the stupidity of individuals.
I heard something yesterday suggesting that they differed from the other states in that they outsourced the security for the quarantine hotels to private security firms.

17 Victorian schools closed for deep cleaning since Friday.

Yet the COVID spike in Victoria has been caused the the BLM Protest :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.26.14 am.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.26.14 am.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 31
I heard something yesterday suggesting that they differed from the other states in that they outsourced the security for the quarantine hotels to private security firms.
Not sure they could have predicted the stupidity of individual guards but it's at least something they can change. One possibility (and it's just a possibility) is that after locking down harder, yet seeing all the news from other states about the easing of restrictions, some people just got complacent. Again, maybe the government could have tailored its message, but at the time, their situation was little different from NSW. There's a few things the government could have done differently in hindsight, but I'm not sure it's incompetence from the top, as was suggested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anti-Vaxxers, The gun lobby, Tax dodgers, CoVid Test refusers, Cultists all have right wing characteristics.
I think you’ll find its left-wing loonies that wind up in cults, and anti-vaxxers are a lot more likely to be left wing than right. Your tax dodging hippies that sell useless junk at Sunday markets dont fit the right-wing group either, along with the dole-bludging surfers and ANTIFA sheep too.

Pies, AFL thrash out Steele's COVID ban, four games possible

STAR Collingwood midfielder Steele Sidebottom faces a ban of up to four weeks for his multiple breaches of the AFL's COVID-19 protocols on Saturday.

The hefty nature of Sidebottom's possible ban owes to his multiple breaches, and the AFL arguing footballers should be better educated by now on the damage those actions can have on the competition.

Collingwood is trying to reduce the number of games the club's vice-captain will miss, believing no more than two would be fair.

I didn't realise the penalty was negotiable. Oh i forgot Eddy runs the AFL not Gil

70 new cases today not from hotel quarantined travellers, I am afraid this is running the risk of going out of control. It's balanced precariously at the moment.
There’s likely a fair percentage of asymptotic cases amongst ‘em, judging by these numbers.

429E9E76-1077-42DC-800D-BB5F6556791E.png

There’s likely a fair percentage of asymptotic cases amongst ‘em, judging by these numbers.

View attachment 903843

They don't all go in the hospital straight away, expect those figures to climb in a week or two when some of those cases worsen.

70 new cases today not from hotel quarantined travellers, I am afraid this is running the risk of going out of control. It's balanced precariously at the moment.
Big deal, most of them are probably out and about anyway. Northerners, what are you going to do with them, if they are not getting sick and telling testers to * off they are pulling guns on people instead.

I think you’ll find its left-wing loonies that wind up in cults, and anti-vaxxers are a lot more likely to be left wing than right. Your tax dodging hippies that sell useless junk at Sunday markets dont fit the right-wing group either, along with the dole-bludging surfers and ANTIFA sheep too.

I’m always interested by the use of the term “Antifa”. It means anti-fascist. Does that mean the right wing commentators who rail against antifa are pro fascist? Seems to be so.

Anti-Vaxxers are selfish people who reject the importance of immunising the herd against a deadly disease even if it wouldn’t directly harm themselves. That is definitely a right wing attitude. It’s also interesting that the lowest rates of immunisation in Australia are among the richest suburbs.

As far as cults go, they tend to be centred on an individual whose aim is to gain as much personal power as possible. That is as right wing as it gets.

Tax dodging hippies and dole bludging surfers are good memes for the right to hate on people with little or no power, but the real, damaging tax avoidance comes from the wealthy who seek to improve their position at the expense of the whole population. They do this through complex schemes and by changing the laws to protect their wealth. Most definitely a right wing activity.

Some right wingers tend to indulge in conspiracy theories - hence the uncritical belief that this is just the flu, or the Kung flu among that group. They love to use terms like sheep, or sheeple, woke, and use dog whistling terms so they can make nods to racist or supremacist ideology without being immediately called out on it. Eg “your type”, “all lives matter”, leftwaffe, Chairman Dan, Kung flu, the China virus, etc

They don't all go in the hospital straight away, expect those figures to climb in a week or two when some of those cases worsen.
In the past 2 weeks, there has been an increase of 251 in active cases and an increase of 3 in hospitalisations.

FFCB9C1A-2F9D-4D16-B102-956A73169962.jpeg 2D8B9E31-7654-4AFD-873A-FB06E18055B7.jpeg

I’m always interested by the use of the term “Antifa”. It means anti-fascist. Does that mean the right wing commentators who rail against antifa are pro fascist? Seems to be so.

It's like how 'do-gooder' has involved into an insult for those on the left.

It is a method of somehow contorting the idea of doing good or being against fascists is political and thus able to have disagreement with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back