Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - Stage 4 Restrictions in Place in Vic - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part Three.

Part One can be found here -

Part Two can be found here -

Part 4 can be found here:

Australian stats page:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look at this prick with 150 posts on a footy forum calling for the death of clubs that have existed for over 150 years because of a pandemic that has lasted for 6 months and killed like 200 people... this too shall pass.

Speculating on what may happen is healthy, we might have to act before being forced to & that might be 2021.

Let the clubs and league die at some point. The world has changed forever and life as it was 6 months ago is never coming back. I hope not a cent of taxpayers money goes towards keeping the league alive far better things we can be spending money.

Where do these new bots come from? Has he realised this is a footy thread?

Oh look, follows a club who has rorted the system all its life, but happy to laugh at those who lost a club. What a hero. Thankfully, although you have a club, which has had no joy in 25 years (surprisingly since you once again cheated), it gives some a small amount of pleasure that you go home at 5:00 after a game with another loss. Should be a good story to tell the kids.
What the * are you talking about?

The structure will survive as it did in WW1 & WW2 as will some version of most clubs depending on how much money they owe,

It was an amateur league.

AFL clubs need roughly $30m-$50m to just breakeven. Paying the players in 2021 will send many clubs to the wall. Players might have play for their susso in 2021. Who is going to be a full paying member in 2021 when you might not even see one game live?

If it goes belly up it goes belly up. No sadder than what's happened to the SANFL and WAFL over the past 25 years.

Some really good news for Victoria, and hence Australia, in amongst the agenda-driven doomsayers, with the latest figures quoted by Dr Norman Swann. Late June the R number was close to 2.00 not long after the hotel quarantine outbreak, dropping to 1.75 when Stage 3 restrictions were introduced in early July. It's now down to 1.10 and with the further restrictions now in place will hopefully fall even further in the next few weeks. No exponential growth - it appears to have reached steady state, and speculative figures had the outbreak at about 20,000 more than what they are right now if these measures had not been implemented when they were, with fatality rates 3-4 times higher as well.

I said it a few weeks ago and repeat it again - if Victoria can control this potential catastrophe in the next 6 weeks it'll be a massive effort. You make a mistake, you fix it. I'm optimistic.

Still think we could have got the job done with stage 3 if we had enforced it a bit tighter like the first one.

The 250,000 people who are either going to be sacked or stood down between tomorrow and Friday would have preferred 12 weeks of stage 3 as opposed to stage 4 and going down with it.

"head repeatedly bashed in concrete", goddamn, what an absolute crock of sh*t. She looks fine (cute too).

I feel very sorry for the anti-masker, it's an egregious list of clearly trumped-up charges.

Like i said, should have just let rip with the capsicum spray, they cry, but its harmless.
Who cares if its trumped up, stupid anti masker is a dickhead.

Still think we could have got the job done with stage 3 if we had enforced it a bit tighter like the first one.

The 250,000 people who are either going to be sacked or stood down between tomorrow and Friday would have preferred 12 weeks of stage 3 as opposed to stage 4 and going down with it.

Especially Dan picks his pet industries/companies to stay in business.
Come on, like 60 people would care if they got their new Kenworth 2 months later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the other 250k who have been mostly out of work since March would think otherwise

Yes that's feasible. Everything mostly back to normal in places like China and NZ while the USA and Europe are a total disaster economically. WA economy booming too.

Europeans have given up and accepted shorter lifespans.
WA economy booming, will be10pc unemployed soon, not exactly

That’s now 3 days in a row of 0 local cases since the two women snuck in, bloody incredible 👏👏👏. We might have dodged a bullet here, hopefully.

Just like the fruit picker saga.
Queensland government continue to do a good job with their handling of the pandemic.

Which is why I don't understand why everyone thinks Queensland are in trouble.
South Australia had 0 cases for a long time but they've stuffed up and are about to pay the price.
Queensland will be in trouble if they dont instigate a hard border.

too many people going back and forth - one of them will have been or will be a carrier.

<<<<A man claiming diplomatic status who returned to Queensland and was subsequently diagnosed with COVID-19 was a security contractor, reinforcing the state government's call for a review of travel exemptions.

The man had permission to fly to the Sunshine Coast from NSW on Friday without having to go into quarantine.

But on Sunday he tested positive and is now in self-isolation with his wife in Maroochydore as health officials race to contact trace people who sat near him on the Jetstar flight from Sydney.>>>>

Some really good news for Victoria, and hence Australia, in amongst the agenda-driven doomsayers, with the latest figures quoted by Dr Norman Swann. Late June the R number was close to 2.00 not long after the hotel quarantine outbreak, dropping to 1.75 when Stage 3 restrictions were introduced in early July. It's now down to 1.10 and with the further restrictions now in place will hopefully fall even further in the next few weeks. No exponential growth - it appears to have reached steady state, and speculative figures had the outbreak at about 20,000 more than what they are right now if these measures had not been implemented when they were, with fatality rates 3-4 times higher as well.

I said it a few weeks ago and repeat it again - if Victoria can control this potential catastrophe in the next 6 weeks it'll be a massive effort. You make a mistake, you fix it. I'm optimistic.
Good doogs.

Finish this slimy little mf now!!!

Last edited:
"head repeatedly bashed in concrete", goddamn, what an absolute crock of sh*t. She looks fine (cute too).

I feel very sorry for the anti-masker, it's an egregious list of clearly trumped-up charges.

Surely i can get an exemption for abuse for this post?

If not just imagine me at my absolute worst then double it.

Which is why I don't understand why everyone thinks Queensland are in trouble.
South Australia had 0 cases for a long time but they've stuffed up and are about to pay the price.
Finally some common sense, hopefully shes done it before the horse has bolted.

20EDF232-FD5B-46D0-AA78-B00DE31A9498.png

<<<<
His comments come after Australian Defence Force personnel and health officials conducted 3,000 doorknocks of people who were supposed to be self-isolating, and found more than 800 people were not at home.

“The advice I’ve had is that 25 per cent of people are not at home.. now, that’s just not on,” Mr Morrison said.>>>>

cant f#^}#^ believe this is still a thing.

if you are supposed to be self iso, they come and find you not at home - you should complete your iso as a guest of her majesty starting at day 1

no phones, no internet.

I just cfb after all this that there hasnt been a hard line taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back