Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact III “WA - An Island within an Island”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah we’ve been down the kids school a few times, ride their bikes down, we kick some sheeds from the boundary, and head home again. Fair few families doing similar, but we’ll spread out so I assume that’s fine?? I also went down with a mate, just me and him, had a kick, then had a beer and a chat 1.5m apart. Not sure if that last part is technically allowed, but we all need a bit of actual interaction from time to time (ducks for cover as everyone says I’m an idiot)

Did you sanitise the footy you reckless mofo?

I'm not sure what the Hub is?
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Yeah we’ve been down the kids school a few times, ride their bikes down, we kick some sheeds from the boundary, and head home again. Fair few families doing similar, but we’ll spread out so I assume that’s fine?? I also went down with a mate, just me and him, had a kick, then had a beer and a chat 1.5m apart. Not sure if that last part is technically allowed, but we all need a bit of actual interaction from time to time (ducks for cover as everyone says I’m an idiot)
In WA you are still allowed to go outside and sit around, as long as you are on your own or with people from your household and you keep 1.5m distance from everywhere else. Other states have banned this, which is why there is confusion.

The question to the premier about the runner with the kebab would also be perfectly fine here under current guidelines.

A lot less tests being taken... BUT the way i look at it is people who might have a sniffle , cough or whatever are actually staying home. There is a chance they do have Covid with minor symptoms but staying home they have let it die off... I think in this city's with mass populous and living on top of each other IE NY its hard to stay isolated for a few weeks and most are out and about with minor or symptoms passing it so easily.

I spent a week in NY and it was crazy they amount of people all in one spot!

A lot less tests being taken... BUT the way i look at it is people who might have a sniffle , cough or whatever are actually staying home. There is a chance they do have Covid with minor symptoms but staying home they have let it die off... I think in this city's with mass populous and living on top of each other IE NY its hard to stay isolated for a few weeks and most are out and about with minor or symptoms passing it so easily.

I spent a week in NY and it was crazy they amount of people all in one spot!
Yeah the density in NY would be the perfect breeding ground. Even a simple supermarket is cramped at the best of times.

Only 107 new cases. New York would be lucky to get that few in an hour.

Now to see the level of community transmission.
I might be wrong here, but it looks like less test results come through on Sundays (assuming half days or some labs closed) certainly last week (and again this week) there was a big drop off on positives from Sunday to Monday (noting the tests are reviewed the day prior). Last week Tuesday case #s spiked back up (then continued the trend downwards that they were already on), I am expecting a similar spike tomorrow.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I might be wrong here, but it looks like less test results come through on Sundays (assuming half days or some labs closed) certainly last week (and again this week) there was a big drop off on positives from Sunday to Monday (noting the tests are reviewed the day prior). Last week Tuesday case #s spiked back up (then continued the trend downwards that they were already on), I am expecting a similar spike tomorrow.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, the weekend slowdown is real but that number is still promising in spite of that.

Yeah the density in NY would be the perfect breeding ground. Even a simple supermarket is cramped at the best of times.

Density is one factor but it isn't the be all and end all. Plenty of very high density places in Asia that have fared much better. Preparedness and early awareness of the virus are very critical too, I believe.

Another winner of a day for WA (+1.5%) and Australia (+1.9%).
Average daily increase over the past week has been ~ 4%, compared to ~14% for the previous week.
(Disclaimer as always about how accurate these numbers actually are)
covid-19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back