Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact III “WA - An Island within an Island”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from Part II - thanks to Astro7 for original thread.

Latest updates.

@RogerCookMLA says there is still no evidence of "sustained community transmission."

Another 2 weeks of these sorts of results and maybe we can get some traction with schools businesses and kids sport?

@RogerCookMLA says there is still no evidence of "sustained community transmission."

another 2 weeks of these sorts of results and maybe we can get some traction with schools businesses and kids sport?
Yeah I suspect if we keep putting up these numbers we will see a relax on some of the social restrictions as well in the coming weeks. Borders still need the hard closure for the foreseeable future though.

another 2 weeks of these sorts of results and maybe we can get some traction with schools businesses and kids sport?
2 weeks probs a little too soon. I would say a month at the very least just to be sure. Last thing we need is pull the trigger early and the virus spreads all over again.

2 weeks probs a little too soon. I would say a month at the very least just to be sure. Last thing we need is pull the trigger early and the virus spreads all over again.

Even two months to be sure.

I wonder with all these ways to prevent the spread of Covid-19 we will see a hell of let less people getting Flu.

Getting in on the first page to thank Biggie for the constant updates, and that we all hope you and the family get through this.

WA's numbers are great, is it too optimistic to hope for a transition to normality in a month?

McGowan's Island
maxresdefault.jpg

Until they do widespread testing, the stats are worthless.
All we know atm is that we dont have many serious cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a family we have been practising social distancing. But one question that is hard to clarify with these rules.

Near my house there is small park ( No play ground just a few paths leading out to the main roads) that pretty no one ever goes too.

Is ok if me and my toddler son go there to kick a ball around?
Yes. Would count as exercise. As long as you stay away from others.

As a family we have been practising social distancing. But one question that is hard to clarify with these rules.

Near my house there is small park ( No play ground just a few paths leading out to the main roads) that pretty no one ever goes too.

Is ok if me and my toddler son go there to kick a ball around?
I did the same yesterday. Not a problem.

The stats might be misleading in countries with a lot of cases of community transmission (uk, us, Italy spain), but it has been explained that there would be a substantial number of cases showing up at hospital here if the virus was widespread in the community.
The stats in Oz are reliable, but comparing them to other countries can be problematic.

Would you prefer I/we didn't post the stats we have on hand?

The playgrounds have signs up but open grass is fair game.

Yep, but only 2 people, keeping the distance required......in public view. My girls still get their hugs, damn you Rona.

Testing is way down in the last few days as there's a lot less people arriving from overseas. We'll have to wait and see what the numbers are when they widen the testing criteria to see how widespread it is in the community.
Pretty good numbers today though however you slice and dice it.

You can be out with all members of your household is what I've read and understood it as.
Yeah I've been for walks with my wife and daughter in her chair, and the dog. Can't get the 15 year old manchild to join in though..

We have been going to the local school oval to have running races on the marked lines and been kicking the footy.

Tell the kids if there is anyone is there, then we will go another time.

Have also been going for a walk while the kids ride their scooters. Just keep reminding them of the rules to keep away from others.

Yeah we’ve been down the kids school a few times, ride their bikes down, we kick some sheeds from the boundary, and head home again. Fair few families doing similar, but we’ll spread out so I assume that’s fine?? I also went down with a mate, just me and him, had a kick, then had a beer and a chat 1.5m apart. Not sure if that last part is technically allowed, but we all need a bit of actual interaction from time to time (ducks for cover as everyone says I’m an idiot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back