Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he didn't slam her, it was only a sly finger bang
tumblr_m63srusrKv1r4gei2o3_400.gifv

So the lady who came into Perth from Sydney was at the location on the 19th, returned on the 20th. Developed symptoms and self-isolated on the 24th. Tested positive on the 25th.
NSW identified the venue as a possible contact site on the 25th.
There's your ******* gold standard contact tracing right there, what a bunch of campaigners the NSW govt are
I can't get my head around why she wasn't in quarantine. She gets back from Sydney (where we've closed the border) but she's allowed to move around Perth? Isn't this a WA gov * up?

Maybe she got back before we realised Sydney was rooted, but I'm pretty sure a week ago we knew of community transmission over there.

You can't sit back and mock Sydney for not locking down, when we were quite happy to let people from the same time period move around over here after returning

I can't get my head around why she wasn't in quarantine. She gets back from Sydney (where we've closed the border) but she's allowed to move around Perth? Isn't this a WA gov fu** up?

Maybe she got back before we realised Sydney was rooted, but I'm pretty sure a week ago we knew of community transmission over there.

You can't sit back and mock Sydney
for not locking down, when we were quite happy to let people from the same time period move around over here after returning

If you're doing this at all you need to take a good look at yourself.

Nothing is more pathetic than this state Vs state point scoring with regards to COVID.

I can't get my head around why she wasn't in quarantine. She gets back from Sydney (where we've closed the border) but she's allowed to move around Perth? Isn't this a WA gov fu** up?

You can't sit back and mock Sydney for not locking down, when we were quite happy to let people from the same time period move around over here after returning

She returned on the 20th, before any kind of border restrictions with NSW was put up.

Since the start of the year, WA has been more reluctant to put up borders when cases have been very low.

Think she had to isolate until she tested negative, only people who were at contact sites were required to quarantine 14 days.

This may destroy our U18 Football Grand Final next week

Our #2 trainer is isolating and has been tested. The gym in Joondalup is where he works.

If his result is positive …….

Restless night inbound

This may destroy our U18 Football Grand Final next week

Our #2 trainer is isolating and has been tested. The gym in Joondalup is where he works.

If his result is positive …….

Restless night inbound
*, sorry to hear mate.
Fair chance the game will be rescheduled if the worst happens, surely?

Think she had to isolate until she tested negative, only people who were at contact sites were required to quarantine 14 days.
Yep, which was a pretty sensible and measured response.

Tough border measures causing havoc for families and migrants meanwhile we are still having regular lockdowns in late June 2021 due to dismal quarantine and vaccine rollout caused by arrogant politicians.
We're losing an excellent staff member at my work who's moving back to Europe as soon as she can. She loves this country and her job but just can't face another 12+ months separated from her family that she already hasn't seen for more than a year.

There would be so many similar sad stories.

We're losing an excellent staff member at my work who's moving back to Europe as soon as she can. She loves this country and her job but just can't face another 12+ months separated from her family that she already hasn't seen for more than a year.

That's not really that sad though, I would wager there would be millions of people who move home to be closer to family after this pandemic is over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not really that sad though, I would wager there would be millions of people who move home to be closer to family after this pandemic is over
How is it not sad? She has to give up the planned life she had here and which she loved. Her Australian partner has to choose between her and regular contact with his own family.

You are right though that we'll lose a lot of residents to countries that don't think it's appropriate to ban their own citizens from leaving.

How is it not sad? She has to give up the planned life she had here and which she loved. Her Australian partner has to choose between her and regular contact with his own family.

You are right though that we'll lose a lot of residents to countries that don't think it's appropriate to ban their own citizens from leaving.
You didn't mention the bolded in your post did you? That is sad.
Don't really see what it has to do with the pandemic though, people have to make the same decisions when they move to another country to live with someone else. I haven't seen my sister for 4 years because she moved to Scotland to live with her partner. I wouldn't have seen her with or without the pandemic though because she lives across the other side of the world and most people can't afford to fly around the world every year.

Wonder if this delta strain will shift the balance of risk to allowing more people to have Az, like people in the UK.
Need to get needles in arms ASAP
ghunt (pronounce gh as kh) said az is off the table regardless.

seems utterly suspicious now they put all their efforts into this vaccine only to now pretty much stop anyone having it

Last edited:

What's the alternative? Every single outbreak has come directly from overseas returned travellers. We can't manage it as it is, there is no option to make it easier to come and go. Fair enough if it doesn't suit her and fair enough if she chooses to leave. Doesn't mean we should be changing anything until we've rolled out the vaccine.

What's the alternative? Every single outbreak has come directly from overseas returned travellers. We can't manage it as it is, there is no option to make it easier to come and go. Fair enough if it doesn't suit her and fair enough if she chooses to leave. Doesn't mean we should be changing anything until we've rolled out the vaccine.
The outbound restrictions are a joke, considering that arrival caps will always throttle the amount of people returning until removed. If people head overseas without the ability to support themselves for an extended period they should do so at their own risk. With our terrible vaccine rollout putting us further behind I doubt that there would be an additional flood of people wanting to return now anyway if departure restrictions were eased.

I know most of you vaccinated guys think I'm crazy and all but sharing this just because its something that you should keep an eye on and maybe practice a bit of extra care around the Delta variant. Tracked down the stats on the thing I mentioned the other day regarding CFR after second jab being about 6 times higher for those vaccinated than unvaccinated IF! you fall into the 10% who end up catching covid anyway. This comes from the UK Gov report released on the 25th of June, so I'm assuming this observation is related to AZ. [could be one of the reasons they are planning to drop it, since the whole 1 in a million blood clots thing didn't really make sense]

Jab stats delta .jpg

I guess just something to be aware of for now, possibly something of concern or then again maybe that population of 10% of 2nd jabbers who don't get immunity just happen to be the most unwell. I have seen it suggested that its not that though, and rather some sort of syndrome created by the vaccine not playing well with live virus. I'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:
I know most of you vaccinated guys think I'm crazy and all but sharing this just because its something that you should keep an eye on and maybe practice a bit of extra care around the Delta variant. Tracked down the stats on the thing I mentioned the other day regarding CFR after second jab being about 6 times higher for those vaccinated than unvaccinated IF! you fall into the 10% who end up catching covid anyway. This comes from the UK Gov report released on the 25th of June, so I'm assuming this observation is related to AZ. [could be one of the reasons they are planning to drop it, since the whole 1 in a million blood clots thing didn't really make sense]

View attachment 1166025

I guess just something to be aware of for now, possibly something of concern or then again maybe that population of 10% of 2nd jabbers who don't get immunity just happen to be the most unwell. I have seen it suggested that its not that though, and rather some sort of syndrome created by the vaccine not playing well with live virus. I'll keep an eye on it.

Ok, so that mechanism I spoke about above, some think might be ADE [Antibody-dependant enhancement] causing the increased in CFR for that subset of the population.

Paper about it here https://www.nature.com/articles/s41564-020-00789-5

Uk report I pulled the table above from here https://assets.publishing.service.g...ants_of_Concern_VOC_Technical_Briefing_15.pdf

A lot of vitriol directed towards Gladys yesterday that I think has been a little misguided. I live in NSW and we've lived a fairly normal experience for about 12 months now outside of the northern beaches of Sydney. I personally have no issues with the NSW government backing themselves in to get through without a lockdown as their history to date has been excellent. All week the numbers had been creeping up but virtually all cases up to a couple of days ago were household contacts and having spent time in Sydney recently I get the impression that the attitude was 'alert, not alarmed'.

Perhaps the only criticism I can level is that the NSW government were aware of the new strain from what happened in Victoria and perhaps could have exercised a little more caution. I can't blame them for backing themselves in though as they would have taken confidence from the success of the northern beaches episode.

A lot of vitriol directed towards Gladys yesterday that I think has been a little misguided. I live in NSW and we've lived a fairly normal experience for about 12 months now outside of the northern beaches of Sydney. I personally have no issues with the NSW government backing themselves in to get through without a lockdown as their history to date has been excellent. All week the numbers had been creeping up but virtually all cases up to a couple of days ago were household contacts and having spent time in Sydney recently I get the impression that the attitude was 'alert, not alarmed'.

Perhaps the only criticism I can level is that the NSW government were aware of the new strain from what happened in Victoria and perhaps could have exercised a little more caution. I can't blame them for backing themselves in though as they would have taken confidence from the success of the northern beaches episode.
Even our lockdowns are reasonable, appropriate and measured.

View attachment 1166025

Similar outcomes reported in this article (I haven't cross-checked where they got their figures, FWIW), although the conclusion is that the higher death rate is attributable to the fact that the vaccinated population is the older cohort, and therefore more susceptible to Covid. To back up that point, nobody under the age of 50 was amongst the deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back