Analysis Coronavirus - The Impact IV “Phasing into the New Normal”

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they reconsider? No community transfer in months...

McGowan mentioned it in his presser today. Reconsidering because of what is happening in Victoria right now (and I suspect he’s concerned about what may happen with the Clive Palmer/Federal Govt. injunction challenging our border closure).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

McGowan mentioned it in his presser today. Reconsidering because of what is happening in Victoria right now (and I suspect he’s concerned about what may happen with the Clive Palmer/Federal Govt. injunction challenging our border closure).
Hope the match goes ahead, is a success and there are no C-19 fallout events from it.

So why is the FedGov challenging the border closure? Considering NSW is now doing the same to Vic.

And what is Fat Clive's problem? Other than the fact that he is fat? And called Clive?

Hope the match goes ahead, is a success and there are no C-19 fallout events from it.

So why is the FedGov challenging the border closure? Considering NSW is now doing the same to Vic.

And what is Fat Clive's problem? Other than the fact that he is fat? And called Clive?
McGowan knocked him back on an exemption for him to visit the state when it was all kicking off.

Oh and the CITIC - Minerology court stuff where McGowan sided with CITIC

McGowan knocked him back on an exemption for him to visit the state when it was all kicking off.

And he's a *******

The Feds were trying to get us to open our border and were happy to officially support Clive. Now that the NSW border (and just about every other border) is closed to the Vics, and ScoMo approved the latest closure, McGowan has asked ScoMo to withdraw the federal support for the Palmer challenge.

This Wednesday is some big deadline for the appeal - I think the WA govt has to have their defence submitted by then, so if the feds are going to withdraw the appeal they'd need to do it quickly I'd imagine.

I’m flying to Syd from Akl tomoz. No word on my G2G pass, which I resubmitted last Wednesday. I suspect the cops are waiting to see what happens when I’m in iso - whether I present with symptoms or test positive, which would be understandable. It’d be nice to know for sure though.

It’s a completely opaque system. The only contact email address is for tech support. I emailed it and had a friendly, understanding response but was told there’s nothing they could do to help.

With my resubmitted application I included a letter of support from a company for which I’d be consulting as the powers seem to value economic impact over family impact. Which sucks, but is symptomatic of our society.

I’m flying to Syd from Akl tomoz. No word on my G2G pass, which I resubmitted last Wednesday. I suspect the cops are waiting to see what happens when I’m in iso - whether I present with symptoms or test positive, which would be understandable. It’d be nice to know for sure though.

It’s a completely opaque system. The only contact email address is for tech support. I emailed it and had a friendly, understanding response but was told there’s nothing they could do to help.

With my resubmitted application I included a letter of support from a company for which I’d be consulting as the powers seem to value economic impact over family impact. Which sucks, but is symptomatic of our society.
Have they told you that you'll need to isolate in Sydney for 2 weeks before being allowed on a flight to Perth?

A friend of mine's mum is terminally ill in NZ. He flew out of Perth last week to see her. He'll be away from work for 7 weeks. With the current restrictions, out of those 7 weeks he'll only see her for 1 week.

He'll be in isolation for the other 6 weeks: 2 weeks in a hotel in Auckland when entering NZ, 2 weeks in a hotel in Sydney before he is allowed on a domestic flight on his was back to Perth, and finally another 2 weeks home isolation in Perth.

Seems crazy but is true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear....

So yeah all those people against boarder closures...
Albury is a border town with one side of the border having community spread. WA doesn't have any border towns especially of that size nor are we sharing a border with a virus riddled state. Really poor example.

Victoria is done unless something akin to a minor miracle occurs - or the government decides to just slap a Wuhan-style lockdown on Melbourne.

I don't think even Australia as a whole got more than 191 cases in a day during the worst of the pandemic.

Victoria is done unless something akin to a minor miracle occurs - or the government decides to just slap a Wuhan-style lockdown on Melbourne.

I don't think even Australia as a whole got more than 191 cases in a day during the worst of the pandemic.
Without having an exact breakdown it would surely be the highest number without the influence of cruise ships and international arrivals. I'm expecting a statewide lockdown again by tomorrow, maybe even today. It should be today, otherwise it is delaying the inevitable.

Topped out at about 450 cases a day nationwide. Arguments can be made given improved testing facilities that although there were less positive tests in late March, there were more people with COVID-19 than have it currently.

Topped out at about 450 cases a day nationwide. Arguments can be made given improved testing facilities that although there were less positive tests in late March, there were more people with COVID-19 than have it currently.

Thanks, I was mistaken.

However, having 200 cases (of which most would be community transmission) is highly concerning. The Victorians two weeks ago who were going 'only 60 cases lol nothing to worry about' have gone notoriously quiet on the main board.

I feel bad for the Victorians, as well as people across the country who have family and friends in Victoria who have to suffer due to the failings of others.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the Victorians, as well as people across the country who have family and friends in Victoria who have to suffer due to the failings of others.
In this PC world we cannot say what the reason is. But is is tough on those who did the right thing. NSW agreed to man the boarder with a bit of ADF support to free up the Vic Police for local action. Good cooperation I think.

In this PC world we cannot say what the reason is.

Ethnically diverse people and families in the lower socio-economic areas of Melbourne violating the rules?

It's been mentioned plenty of times in the news and easy to figure out. The imagined persecution of those on the right is hilarious.

Ethnically diverse people and families in the lower socio-economic areas of Melbourne violating the rules?

It's been mentioned plenty of times in the news and easy to figure out. The imagined persecution of those on the right is hilarious.
Not ethnically diverse of lower socio economic. I think you are seeing garbage on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back