Strategy Could a real Port fan implant themselves on the board?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think so and even if we could, I don't think it would make a difference when Koch has a dictatorship.

As I've said previously, I think the right way of going about this is forming a supporters trust style organisation, independent of the club, who advocate for the supporters on issues. Ideally it would contain enough members to have political sway and media access.

The supporters trust would have the explicit stated goal of the PAFC board being returned to member control.

In the mean time it would regularly poll it's membership and release transparent results so the will of the membership can be accurately gauged and presented.

We all know the club is going to spend the next 6 months either saying absolutely nothing or spinning Hinkley we some kind of unlucky genius. We all know they're doing nothing about the bars. We all know they have no real interest in clearing our debt or returning the club to member control.

I will say that I personally have absolutely no idea how to set this up or run it. But I think it's the best way forward.

Imagine if we could get 10,000 members on something like this.
The only flaw with this noble idea is that the Club would terminate the memberships of any people who dared to sign up for it.

The only flaw with this noble idea is that the Club would terminate the memberships of any people who dared to sign up for it.

They might, but I don't think they're bold enough to do that given the backlash.

The organisation (as I envisage it) would certainly not seek to regularly be at war with the club, but would just be advocating on behalf of the members and helping people support Port Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back