Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

The media are waking up to Ken's failures. Steele Sidebottom did a beautiful job on SEN breakfast show on Monday morning explaining how once a top side dials it up, Port turn into a biscuit, ie they crumble under pressure.

Should make a poster and stick it up in the club change rooms to remind all the players what an champion team thinks about them.

Port turn into a biscuit, ie they crumble under pressure.

Should make a poster and stick it up in the club change rooms to remind all the players what an champion team thinks about them.

In the old days that would be stuck up on every locker before we play them again.

In new Port Adelaide where connection and feelings are important, maybe not.

I have no idea what Warren thinks of Carr but having been a teammate for a long time and Josh being his vice captain when we won the flag, I'm certain that he would have an excellent gauge on who Carr is and what type of leader he will be. His voice should be the primary voice in the board room when the board decides whether to rubber stamp the succession plan or not.

An understanding which can and should be evaluated among the understanding gained about other candidates in an open, competitive selection process. Any short of that is another squid from a board allergic to tough decisions.

An understanding which can and should be evaluated among the understanding gained about other candidates in an open, competitive selection process. Any short of that is another squid from a board allergic to tough decisions.

Port have already ensured that there can be no selection process that involves Josh Carr. From here he is either endorsed as the next senior coach or we conduct a process that doesn't include him. There's no middle ground anymore.

You ain't got no problem, Launchpad. I'm on the motherf***er. Go back in there, chill them true believers out and wait for the Bucks who should be coming directly.

5FED6FE7-C8C8-4FF7-A4D0-5D9FE98B2CB4.jpeg

You sending The Bucks?… Sh¡t nudenut, that’s all you had to say!

Tredrea as a board member now I'd imagine can't be seen to be openly critical of the program and people behind it, he would have to present a relatively unified front with the rest....Koch probably explicitly stated it in his special "charter".

I'm confident Tredders knows what he's there for though and would be putting in work behind the scenes.

If Hinkley was to somehow get himself another contract, I would be expecting Tredders and perhaps some others to resign as a vote of no confidence.

We won't hear about Warren's interactions with the Board, but there will be signs...

1695214103803.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warren doesn't have to do or say a lot publicly.

On talk back after the game, a regular Port caller/supporter, Liz, said its untenable. I'm sure Warren was smiling whilst he was biting down hard not to open his mouth.

The media are waking up to Ken's failures. Steele Sidebottom did a beautiful job on SEN breakfast show on Monday morning explaining how once a top side dials it up, Port turn into a biscuit, ie they crumble under pressure.

It lead Footy Classified to put this graphic up. The total is 51 so its for all minor round games played since start of 2022. Matthew Lloyd called out Ken whilst Kane kept very quiet.

View attachment 1968122

and it gives Caro an opportunity to go on about about the succession plan.

This succession plan talk was totally poo-hoo'ed by Richo in the interview. Totally "external" talk, according to him, and that Carr would be considered along with other candidates when the time comes to replace Stinkley.

I actually believe him ... The media invents crap, and Caro, as much as I like her, often does the same.

Alyx, can you make a banner with this?

Warren doesn't have to do or say a lot publicly.

On talk back after the game, a regular Port caller/supporter, Liz, said its untenable. I'm sure Warren was smiling whilst he was biting down hard not to open his mouth.

It lead Footy Classified to put this graphic up. The total is 51 so its for all minor round games played since start of 2022. Matthew Lloyd called out Ken whilst Kane kept very quiet.

View attachment 1968122

and it gives Caro an opportunity to go on about about the succession plan.

One can go back all the way to 2016. Same story again and again…

How often do you regret adopting Port as your AFL club?

Never. I couldn’t have picked any other. I am at home.

I may have started following Port in 2017, but I have relieved the club’s history. I was there in 1914, in the 6-peat, in 1977…

We’ve also had bad times before. This one will pass too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back