Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

yes i have.
He wants to introduce another 12 month state of emergency so that he can enforce breaches of lock down for another 12 months.

Well if he would of shut it down hard, complete lockdown, including all overseas entries, when it first showed itself, we wouldn't be in this current situation

But of course the civil libertarians and conspiracy theorists, said there was nothing to see here

Well if he would of shut it down hard, complete lockdown, including all overseas entries, when it first showed itself, we wouldn't be in this current situation

But of course the civil libertarians and conspiracy theorists, said there was nothing to see here

Like New zealand did?

So you want total virus elimination then? By any means. Which justifies a 12 month lock down if necessary.
Have I got this right?

Well no one has yet articulated why he wants the 12 month extension. It cant be that hard.
It's to establish powers to enforce any orders that the CHO needs to put in place. Lockdown is only one of those powers and I suggest the bluntest tool in the box. Mandatory mask wearing would be another. The premier has articulated that the goal is to open businesses and the economy up as the state can enforce the conditions required to do that. The powers are not there simply to enforce unnecessary lockdowns.

The opposition are playing some politics but it will pass. Would be insanity for it not to

It's to establish powers to enforce any orders that the CHO needs to put in place. Lockdown is only one of those powers and I suggest the bluntest tool in the box. Mandatory mask wearing would be another. The premier has articulated that the goal is to open businesses and the economy up as the state can enforce the conditions required to do that. The powers are not there simply to enforce unnecessary lockdowns.

The opposition are playing some politics but it will pass. Would be insanity for it not to

Not very convincing. The lockdowns are not necessary now but we have them. Putting powers in place to enforce " any orders" hmmmm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if you find it convincing or not, that's what the legislation is for lol. The lockdowns are not necessary in your opinion

I am not convinced that what he says its for is what he intends to use it for. Nothing makes logical sense any more . You have faith . I do not.
It seems that Arrow is not opposed to the lockdowns if it eliminates the virus.

Last edited:
I am not convinced that what he says its for is what he intends to use it for. Nothing makes logical sense any more . You have faith . I do not.
It seems that Arrow is not opposed to the lockdowns if it eliminates the virus.

What do you think he’s going to use it for?

No one wants a 12 month lockdown, but it should have been a more aggressive strategy right from the start, as it was in NZ. Their numbers per capita shows the benefits

I agree we should have locked down aggressively earlier. I was saying this in feb I think. But once the genie is out of the bottle it is a different ball game. Once that happens elimination is off the table and "flatten the curve" makes sense.
We flattened the curve very quickly and yet the lock downs went on . Then the panic set in when we had the inevitable flare up in cases once we came out of lock down. But at no time were our curves anywhere near overloading the hospital.

Now with everything seemingly falling and coming under control, we are being asked for an extension of emergency measures for 12 months. Why?

I agree we should have locked down aggressively earlier. I was saying this in feb I think. But once the genie is out of the bottle it is a different ball game. Once that happens elimination is off the table and "flatten the curve" makes sense.
We flattened the curve very quickly and yet the lock downs went on . Then the panic set in when we had the inevitable flare up in cases once we came out of lock down. But at no time were our curves anywhere near overloading the hospital.

Now with everything seemingly falling and coming under control, we are being asked for an extension of emergency measures for 12 months. Why?
ABC news this morning reporting one of Melbourne's major hospitals is shutting down wards, about 600 people into quarantine including staff.

Only caught part of the details.

Not very convincing. The lockdowns are not necessary now but we have them. Putting powers in place to enforce " any orders" hmmmm.

We didn't get it right the first time around and likely won't this time either.

I don't think it will be long before people have just about had enough of what is being imposed upon them.
That's not me taking a stance either way, but just an observation on people that will start thinking - '* it. I've had enough'.

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks, but if some semblance of normality doesn't come back into peoples lives, they won't have much to lose.

We didn't get it right the first time around and likely won't this time either.

I don't think it will be long before people have just about had enough of what is being imposed upon them.
That's not me taking a stance either way, but just an observation on people that will start thinking - 'fu** it. I've had enough'.

We'll see what happens over the next few weeks, but if some semblance of normality doesn't come back into peoples lives, they won't have much to lose.
I have absolutely had enough. If they extend hard lockdown (which I highly doubt they will) then I'm going to go fully coco bananas.

I have absolutely had enough. If they extend hard lockdown (which I highly doubt they will) then I'm going to go fully coco bananas.
Understandable. Numbers down again today. Looks promising

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back