Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I had to take baby Gomez there in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. We went via ambulance straight to the paed emergency room so bypassed the main hospital. The paramedic said we were in the safest part of the hospital but it still felt ick having to go.

Hope everyone there is alright. It's a huge task to shut down wards.

Yeah I had to take baby Gomez there in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. We went via ambulance straight to the paed emergency room so bypassed the main hospital. The paramedic said we were in the safest part of the hospital but it still felt ick having to go.

Hope everyone there is alright. It's a huge task to shut down wards.
Gee!! I hope baby Gomez is alright?

Of course and you likely have more self-restraint than many others.

I can't see another lockdown working and even this one is likely just hanging on by a thread.......and when people have had enough, they've had enough and will take their chances regardless of the possible impact upon themselves and others.

That's not to say they won't be wearing masks and taking precautions, but that 5km thing........bin it.
Yep that has to be the first rule to go. I will wear masks all next year if it means I can see my family. Even the curfew doesn't aggravate me anywhere near as much as being tethered to within 5km of my house.

Clicked on an ad for a mask and was reading the reviews...
Thought we could use a laugh.
Eunice P. review of SOOMLAB Mask

Eunice P.

8/23/2020

"I can breed easily and I can wear lipstick and cover most of my face I can tell it's very safe."

Last edited:
Its interesting that none of you have talked about anything other than how it affects you personally.
Spare a thought for all those hard working small business owners who have had their life savings trashed and wont be able to restart once we re open.

They wont reopen and the jobs that they were supplying will not be coming back either. Some of them will have mental scars forever, others will sadly take their lives. We rely as an economy on the animal spirits of the small business owner to provide the majority of new jobs but instead or growing our economy, small business will be an anchor on our economy.
Sadly this will impact the young and the poor disproportionately,

There has been no increase to the number of Victorians dying by suicide this year during the coronavirus pandemic.

State Coroner John Cain on Thursday released fresh data on the number of suicide deaths between January 1 and August 26, showing there were two fewer suicides in Victoria compared with the same time last year.

I am not sure that I believe those figures. Research everywhere else in the world would strongly refute that. The vast majority will happen over the coming few years when the reality of their economic plight hits home . I think its too early to tell , but the coming economic depression will be like all other economic downturns in its devastating impact on peoples mental health and suicides.

I am not sure that I believe those figures. Research everywhere else in the world would strongly refute that. The vast majority will happen over the coming few years when the reality of their economic plight hits home . I think its too early to tell , but the coming economic depression will be like all other economic downturns in its devastating impact on peoples mental health and suicides.
Lol you're the walking epitome of confirmation bias. You don't believe figures from a reputable source - a state coroner no less - but post non peer reviewed papers to push your barrow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mum works in aged care and they haven’t had a single case amongst the residents. They restricted visitors, prohibited staff from working in more than one centre, locked down staff to only work in particular areas of the centre etc.

My sister in law is a nurse at an aged care facility, not one problem, the thing is though it's a not for profit place and there's no cutting corners or focus on making money, it's all about the care.

Lol you're the walking epitome of confirmation bias. You don't believe figures from a reputable source - a state coroner no less - but post non peer reviewed papers to push your barrow
LOL.
Why are you disputing the suicides? There is so much research out there confirming it.
But how is your business going? How are your employees feeling?

Last edited:
Why are so many people dying in Australia right now?
The reported death rates vs the serious/critical rates is totally out of balance.

Yesterday we had 23 deaths and had 35 on the serious/critical list.
I know there are timing issues, reporting issues etc but I've tracked this enough to have found in recent weeks that our rates of death are 'now' extremely high.

Something isn't right.

Why are so many people dying in Australia right now?
The reported death rates vs the serious/critical rates is totally out of balance.

Yesterday we had 23 deaths and had 35 on the serious/critical list.
I know there are timing issues, reporting issues etc but I've tracked this enough to have found in recent weeks that our rates of death are 'now' extremely high.

Something isn't right.
I suspect it's an aged care effect.

The public health measures have largely been successful (aside from quarrantined cluster*)....but aged care has been an issue, hence a higher proportion of our ICU cases are from aged care compared to comparable overseas countries

I suspect it's an aged care effect.

The public health measures have largely been successful (aside from quarrantined cluster*)....but aged care has been an issue, hence a higher proportion of our ICU cases are from aged care compared to comparable overseas countries

Yes, that may certainly have some effect and probably a large one, but our ratios have taken a huge swing from where they were.

We had 46 on ICU yesterday and have reported 24 deaths today (therefore 70 on ICU) - ******* scary. 30% per day?

View attachment 947247

Yesterdays reported numbers = +24 dead & 46 in ICU

View attachment 947249

Is Qatar so much better resourced than us?
Almost 5 times as many reportings, yet just over one third of deaths.

Where are you getting these figures from.

My posts are from the official DHHS website.
Reported deaths today are 12 not 24 as you stated above.

I'll leave it at that!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back