Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

Oi. We did them properly here in Vic too. We were doing swimmingly until the quarrantine hotel debacle. Been doing it hard core 'properly' ever since.
#touchysubject
Yeah, that was a bit of a rib on my part, sorry.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that the Pies suffered no hardship just the mildest of inconveniences and it wasn't a tactic nor a failure in planning. It's just how it is.

Lol.

No you can't. You litterally can't go more than 5km from your home without a work permit or essential travel pass.
Really I have friends in Vic who have done exactly what i said... that is what you don't understand your lockdown applies to Suburbs that have high rates, other Suburbs can still travel.

Really I have friends in Vic who have done exactly what i said... that is what you don't understand your lockdown applies to Suburbs that have high rates, other Suburbs can still travel.
No. Incorrect.

No its you who doesn't understand. How do you think you know the rules of our state better than us here who are actually living it.

Early on it was hot spot suburbs (for about 1 or two weeks) but for the last 6-8 weeks its the whole of Melbourne.

Even all of regional Victoria is in stage 3 lockdown.

Your information is wrong and your friends have been ignoring the rules

Can you please ask your friends to stay the * away from regional areas. Sick of seeing holiday makers invading our town during restricted travel bans.

Wait until the all clear is given, ffs.

Can you please ask your friends to stay the fu** away from regional areas. Sick of seeing holiday makers invading our town during restricted travel bans.

Wait until the all clear is given, ffs.
I hear ya, I lived in Echuca before shifting west, public holiday weekends ...UGH!

No its you who doesn't understand. How do you think you know the rules of our state better than us here who are actually living it.

Early on it was hot spot suburbs (for about 1 or two weeks) but for the last 6-8 weeks its the whole of Melbourne.

Even all of regional Victoria is in stage 3 lockdown.

Your information is wrong and your friends have been ignoring the rules
Good then do it for 12 weeks you should be fine then.
But that begs a question how is it that they can travel so freely, here it was a police road block and a u turn. seems security is still an
issue.

Good then do it for 12 weeks you should be fine then.
But that begs a question how is it that they can travel so freely, here it was a police road block and a u turn. seems security is still an
issue.
Police can't be on every single road checking every single person.

WA litterally has 1/3 the population on Victotria and is the size of half of the USA. No where near as densely populated.

I can assure you the vast vast majority of Victorians are doing the right thing.

I've been working from home for 6 ******* months and barely seen anyone outside our household.

This thing spreads like wild fire. Look everywhere in the world, anywhere with dense populations it is almost impossible to control.

Victoria's restrictions have been the strictest and longest anywhere in Australia. Get off your high horse.

WA litterally has 1/3 the population on Victotria and is the size of half of the USA. No where near as densely populated.

I can assure you the vast vast majority of Victorians are doing the right thing.

I've been working from home for 6 ******* months and barely seen anyone outside our household.

This thing spreads like wild fire. Look everywhere in the world, anywhere with dense populations it is almost impossible to control.

Victoria's restrictions have been the strictest and longest anywhere in Australia. Get off your high horse.
Apologies, But driving around security is not strict in any sense it is a falsehood.And why the State still has issues.

I would imagine there are relatively few major roads between regions that had roadblocks. This would stop the majority of travellers.

Can't really do that in Vic. There are plenty of alternative roads.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies, But driving around security is not strict in any sense it is a falsehood.And why the State still has issues.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

If the powers that be had any faith in the ring of steel, then regional Victoria should be basically fully functional - including being able to travel across the border into NSW (I realize this is Gladys' ultimate decision). Businesses like mine (accommodation) are continuing to suffer unnecessarily by preventing the freedom of regional Vics. The amount of money that continues to be wasted on Jobkeeper and Southern Border Grants (and Vic equivalent assistance) to regional businesses is astounding.

3 people out of 2 to 2.5 million (depending on what figure you use for Melbourne's population) does not justify what is going on in regional Vic.

The fear is that Melbourne people will simply head for Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong etc. to the pubs, restaurants and cafes as soon as they are opened up.

Why bother with a ring of steel if you are not going to enforce it properly and have any faith in it? You could redeploy all the police and defence personnel from the NSW border to the ring of steel and enforce the blockades where they actually matter - instead of where it is logistically easier.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

If the powers that be had any faith in the ring of steel, then regional Victoria should be basically fully functional - including being able to travel across the border into NSW (I realize this is Gladys' ultimate decision). Businesses like mine (accommodation) are continuing to suffer unnecessarily by preventing the freedom of regional Vics. The amount of money that continues to be wasted on Jobkeeper and Southern Border Grants (and Vic equivalent assistance) to regional businesses is astounding.

3 people out of 2 to 2.5 million (depending on what figure you use for Melbourne's population) does not justify what is going on in regional Vic.

The fear is that Melbourne people will simply head for Ballarat, Bendigo, Geelong etc. to the pubs, restaurants and cafes as soon as they are opened up.

Why bother with a ring of steel if you are not going to enforce it properly and have any faith in it? You could redeploy all the police and defence personnel from the NSW border to the ring of steel and enforce the blockades where they actually matter - instead of where it is logistically easier.
The impatience and overwhelming urge of people to leave the hotspot areas and potentially infect the rest of the country is as disappointing as it is irresponsible.

Forget fines which are equivalent to a weeks wage for some of them and start putting people in jail (or use the empty detention centres to contain them) until they understand how serious another outbreak would be.

Selfish pricks who care nothing for anyone other than themselves.

Nah you're good jab.

I get frustrated when people who don't live in Melbourne tell us how easy it is and how we just need to hang in there another week or two.
So does my sister. It aint easy

EjrY0k-WAAAUmJX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back