Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

I applaud Dan Andrews for having the guts to stand up against the PM on schools . He has got my vote next election.
So if a Vic. parent now we have to keep our kids at home and be sure they are not hanging out at shopping centres with mates etc.
I know for one I will be spending more time with him. Going for a kick up the oval, watching movies together, limiting his time on devices and encouraging more reading.
Welcome any suggestions from BF community on ideas to help in the coming weeks/months in this regard. :)
Yeah very good by Andrews.

We’re in qld but I’m not allowing my kids to go to school. They can do whatever they can from home. We also set up an exercise circuit at home for days when we can’t go out to our nearby ovals. I’m allowing my son to play as much video games as he wants as long as he isn’t going out with his mates. Keep hydrated and eat well. Try to keep happy.

Welcome any suggestions from BF community on ideas to help in the coming weeks/months in this regard. :)

I'm very boring - instill the value of self education. Ask what they want to learn about - history, science, law, psych, politics etc and work together to create a curriculum. Then get them to teach you what they've learned.

I applaud Dan Andrews for having the guts to stand up against the PM on schools . He has got my vote next election.
So if a Vic. parent now we have to keep our kids at home and be sure they are not hanging out at shopping centres with mates etc.
I know for one I will be spending more time with him. Going for a kick up the oval, watching movies together, limiting his time on devices and encouraging more reading.
I’ve started playing chess with my 7y old I don’t how old you’re kids are but you can download work sheets for school work independent of the gov

I was trying to think of things I could educate my kid on but not sure how much he would get out of learning how to rebuild a small two stroke motor however in these times knowing how to skin and clean a rabbit might come In handy ;)
BTW see there has been a run on laying hens. Might have missed the boat on this one :(

Thought I was a tough cookie but I’m mentally shot today
You’re not alone try and think of pyramid of importance water food shelter you’re health family’s health while you have these everything else can be dealt with
I read somewhere that our farmers make enough food to feed 180 million people we are an Island and better of than a lot of country’s

Players will have to take severe pay cuts, some in the 70% range
I wonder how this will go re player contracts and the salary cap.

Moreso the player contracts I guess, for example Jack Martin was heavily front loaded, but if his salary is cut 70% how does that change things going forward?

Does he just lose that money now ($700k isn't a small amount to just lose..)? Does it get added to the following years? If so, how does that change the salary cap?

There'd be plenty of players on front ended deals impacted by this, but Jack is the most recent and most obvious choice for this board.

Thought I was a tough cookie but I’m mentally shot today

I hear your struggles mate, I have emotionally checked out somewhat over this whole coronavirus outbreak myself.

I am not reading Facebook or watching any news at the moment, other to get essential information on the latest updates on the lockdowns, distractions with my cat, books, video games and my extensive dvd/blu-ray collection has helped.

I do realize your situation would be a lot more difficult than mine, given you responsibilities as a young Mum, but I do think the switching off from the news and Facebook and social media is good advice (Well it has been for my own mental health and issues with anxiety, got A massive Simpsons marathon planned later in the week, can't wait !!!)

Anyhow take it easy and try be kind to yourself mate, I am sure you are doing the very best you can in such difficult and scary times for us all :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first suggestion would be to make Dan Andrews Prime Minister.

I wonder how this will go re player contracts and the salary cap.

Moreso the player contracts I guess, for example Jack Martin was heavily front loaded, but if his salary is cut 70% how does that change things going forward?

Does he just lose that money now ($700k isn't a small amount to just lose..)? Does it get added to the following years? If so, how does that change the salary cap?

There'd be plenty of players on front ended deals impacted by this, but Jack is the most recent and most obvious choice for this board.

Everything will need to be negotiated player/club/AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back