COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Haters gonna hate. Dan's done a good job and his support is high. Would wipe the floor against whatshisname in an election right now.

That's because you remember the bad things in life more than the good things. We'll never forget Dictator Dan.

Are the satanist cabals going to put the mark of the beast on our heads to remind us, Bumps?

Dan has trampled all over our human rights no ifs or but and he will be held to account. And yet people still cheer him on, mind boggling. If you don't believe me perhaps you will take notice of this law professor from Swinburne Uni.

Take a step back, turn off the TV and look at this Covid situation objectively and stop letting Dan and the media control you with fear.

Last edited:
Health Minister Jenny Mikakos’ claim that she did not know about the use of private security in hotel quarantine have been contradicted, with footage emerging of a press conference she attended in March in which the topic was covered.

Ms Mikakos is now facing accusations she has misled the inquiry in the botched program.

On Thursday, she told the inquiry she first became aware of the decision to use private security contractors in late May after an outbreak was reported at Rydges on Swanston outbreak.

But a video of a March 29 press conference shows the Health Minister fronting the media with Trade Minister Martin Pakula as he confirmed contractors would be used.

“All of those passengers returning will now undergo mandatory two-week quarantine at those Melbourne hotels with security guards in place,” Mr Pakula said at the time.

Ms Mikakos has rejected claims that her comments were misleading and is now expected to clarify them.

"It is reported that at a media conference on 29 March 2020, Minister Pakula mentioned the use of security guards in the HQP (Hotel Quarantine Program), and further, that I may have received a briefing note sent to caucus by the Premier's office on or about 8 April 2020.

"Consistent with the evidence that I have given the Board, I do not recall becoming aware of (and had no reason to turn my mind to) the use of security guards in the HQP on these or any other occasions prior to the Rydges outbreak in late May 2020.

"As I gave my evidence the Board on 24 September 2020, this was not an issue that I specifically turned my mind to (nor did I have reason to do so) prior to the Rydges outbreak in late May 2020.

"In this regard, I note that there may have been other references to the use of security between the time of commencement of the HQP and late May 2020.

"However, as I gave evidence to the Board on 24 September 2020, this was not an issue that I specifically turned my mind to (nor did I have reason to do so) prior to the Rydges outbreak in late May 2020."

And of course:

When asked about Ms Mikakos's inconsistencies, Premier Daniel Andrews said it was a matter for the inquiry's board.

Great accountability shown by the Labor government during the inquiry lol.

Tbh If Dan still has majority of support after the last few months, then that says more about the sad state of Victorian people rather than dan himself.

These are the lost six minutes that sit at the centre of the core mystery of hotel quarantine. Because in this short interlude in a hectic day, someone, somewhere, discussed with Ashton putting private security guards in hotel quarantine.

By 1.22pm, the decision, it seems, had been made. Ashton texted Kershaw, the AFP commissioner again: “Mate my advise [sic] is that ADF will do Passenger transfer and private security will be used”.

It seems either the police commissioner has created the idea of security in that six minute window, or someone has told him they were.

Dan has trampled all over our human rights no ifs or but and he will be held to account. And yet people still cheer him on, mind boggling. If you don't believe me perhaps you will take notice of this law professor from Swinburne Uni.

Take a step back, turn of the TV and look at this Covid situation objectively and stop letting Dan and the media control you with fear.
Dan has trampled all over your right to infect others. I applaud and look forward to him trampling you some more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it's not that hard to know who the opposition leader in Vic is if you're a Victorian or following the situation.

No it's not Tim Smith from Kew who wants to hold and doesn't like bats though he wants to be.

It's Michael O'Brien. He's the guy flip flopping on lock down depending on what Andrews is promoting.

I'm curious to see what the eventual fall out is for labour once we are out the other side of the current phase.

I do find it strange how much the narrative on what is happening globally is along political party lines though.

The media plays a large part in that not just the idiots that can't out their games aside to actuallt do their jobs for once and govern.

Just look at the hotel inquiry in Vic. Lots of questions about the ADF, not enough questions about oversight, priority of medical vs logistics vs enforcement.

I don't see any lessons learned coming out of this about how to improve hotel quarantine just a lot of circle work about who did or didn't know whether some soldiers could or couldn't have been deployed to keep an eye on security guards.

I mean it's not that hard to know who the opposition leader in Vic is if you're a Victorian or following the situation.

No it's not Tim Smith from Kew who wants to hold and doesn't like bats though he wants to be.

It's Michael O'Brien. He's the guy flip flopping on lock down depending on what Andrews is promoting.

I'm curious to see what the eventual fall out is for labour once we are out the other side of the current phase.

I do find it strange how much the narrative on what is happening globally is along political party lines though.

The media plays a large part in that not just the idiots that can't out their games aside to actuallt do their jobs for once and govern.

Just look at the hotel inquiry in Vic. Lots of questions about the ADF, not enough questions about oversight, priority of medical vs logistics vs enforcement.

I don't see any lessons learned coming out of this about how to improve hotel quarantine just a lot of circle work about who did or didn't know whether some soldiers could or couldn't have been deployed to keep an eye on security guards.

Dan told the inquiry today he was waiting for their recommendations to work out what to do next time.

Rather disturbing if the government doesn't believe it's capable of a decision and needs Justice Coates who is no health expert to guide them as to what to do.

Of course Dan is probably just using it as an excuse to delay having to accept any more international travellers.

Take a step back, turn of the TV and look at this Covid situation objectively and stop letting Dan and the media control you with fear.
You anti-maskers really want your “human right” to carry and infect others as you please, eh?

You anti-maskers really want your “human right” to carry and infect others as you please, eh?
Not many of us were wearing masks until 2nd wave.
Weve since found out it was rapidly spread from poor security at quarantined hotels and then hit aged care. That can be attributed directly to decisions made by DA and Mikakos.
Now i can happily accept wearing a mask is a small price to pay.
What I cant accept is for those two to say "i cant remember whos decision is was to use MSS and United Security" .
That is not going to fly and at least one of them should fall on their own sword. If not, youll see what happens at the next election.

I think the bigger issue, the one that is ignored in the but what about the ADF noise is where was the oversight of quarantine protocols from the health department.

It's clear the Vic Government decided the main issues were logistical and security. They didn't want Sutton in charge, they didn't seem to even think they should have much in the way of doctors or nurses or disease control experts involved in the on site management of the quarantine program.

I know WA to begin with had a very small unprepared number of doctors or nurses directly involved at hotels. We know this from stories about people waiting 12 hours for ambulances to take them to hospital.

People are super focused on the policing aspect of the quarantine program and the failings of that and seem to think the inability to contain the virus was as simple as replacing the security guards with the ADF.

No . Explain why the ADF wasnt used.
Explain why sub contractors of sub contractors were used .
Explain why "whats app" was used to source those guards - THAT is moronic.
They do not use the ADF interstate, they use guards. How hard it that to digest? MSS and Unified were at the breached hotels here, both companies have guards currently deployed interstate. If guards were the issue how come they are still being used. If those companies hiring practices were suspect, again, why are they still being used?

The WhatsApp point though is worth pursuing. How many breaches were caused by WhatsApp? None. It's utterly irrelevant. Happy to hear why you think it is relevant.

I think the bigger issue, the one that is ignored in the but what about the ADF noise is where was the oversight of quarantine protocols from the health department.

It's clear the Vic Government decided the main issues were logistical and security. They didn't want Sutton in charge, they didn't seem to even think they should have much in the way of doctors or nurses or disease control experts involved in the on site management of the quarantine program. ..

Bingo! We have a medical emergency on our hands. DHHS had unambiguous legislated control. They screwed up the hotels, they sat on their hands and did not prepare the hospitals and care facilities. We need these clowns to step up.

It's clear the Vic Government decided the main issues were logistical and security. They didn't want Sutton in charge, they didn't seem to even think they should have much in the way of doctors or nurses or disease control experts involved in the on site management of the quarantine program.

I know WA to begin with had a very small unprepared number of doctors or nurses directly involved at hotels. We know this from stories about people waiting 12 hours for ambulances to take them to hospital.

People are super focused on the policing aspect of the quarantine program and the failings of that and seem to think the inability to contain the virus was as simple as replacing the security guards with the ADF.
So ADF wouldnt have had access to provide nursing staff ?
Pretty sure members of the ADF would not have been bonking the very people they were supposed to be quarantining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back