COVID-19 / Coronavirus

Remove this Banner Ad

Historically most dictators tend to fascist or from the right politically.

Hmmm, debatable but I get what you’re saying.. it’s a bit of a combination of a few political ideologies really.

It’ll be interesting to see how the local economy is effected, I dare say a number of small businesses will struggle to come back.

oh well, they should of been better prepared and saved a few $

The fraud that is covid19? What fraud?
No disease in the US. Or anywhere.

It's all fake

Everybody everywhere else in the world is faking it, to trick Australian's into believing there is a pandemic.

Because, you cannot trust a foreigner. Tricky things, foreigners.

But it's ok, you can't get one past tigre.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

No disease in the US. Or anywhere.

It's all fake

Everybody everywhere else in the world is faking it, to trick Australian's into believing there is a pandemic.

Because, you cannot trust a foreigner. Tricky things, foreigners.

But it's ok, you can't get one past tigre.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

You lost Steele?

I’m happy to cop it from fellow Hawk supporters but not from a weasel, I mean Eagle... Whatever. Off you go.

Gralin asked what the “fraud” was.. I answered.
The implication being that this virus isn't risky?

The chart below has plots deaths per 1 million of population v beds per 10k (as a measure of national health). The red line are the worst performers. You can see we are in a world leading position. This is because we introduced broader controls and social distancing early. We made mistakes. But we acted early and got lucky. Things could be much worse but they aren't because of the actions taken by the government and by the high level of compliance by Australians. Economically, we are also going to come out of this better than almost every country on Earth. We are literally the envy of the entire planet right now.
1593600701047.png

I know of multiple family and friends who were in Europe and the States who managed to get on flights within the first week of April, as soon as sh*t hit the fan they worked with airlines to get home. If you wanted to get home you could have, flights were being specifically chartered to bring aussies back as well. The reality is, a lot of people preferred to stay where they are for whatever reason, likely dual citizens, and when they realised the country they're in is a complete and utter sh*t show they decided to come back. Why else would the most return travellers have been from India and Pakistan? Dual citizens.
A colleague of a friend of mine has been stuck in Japan since March. Cannot get home. Getting a flight back is entirely dependent on which country you are in and maybe where you are. Apparently there is a few hundred Aussies stuck in Bolivia trying to cross the boarder (illegally) into Columbia in order to get home as they are stuck. Airlines won't fly until they have enough to fill a flight and make some cash out of it as likely they fly home empty.

I know of multiple family and friends who were in Europe and the States who managed to get on flights within the first week of April, as soon as sh*t hit the fan they worked with airlines to get home. If you wanted to get home you could have, flights were being specifically chartered to bring aussies back as well. The reality is, a lot of people preferred to stay where they are for whatever reason, likely dual citizens, and when they realised the country they're in is a complete and utter sh*t show they decided to come back. Why else would the most return travellers have been from India and Pakistan? Dual citizens.

You know what a citizen is, right?

A colleague of a friend of mine has been stuck in Japan since March. Cannot get home. Getting a flight back is entirely dependent on which country you are in and maybe where you are. Apparently there is a few hundred Aussies stuck in Bolivia trying to cross the boarder (illegally) into Columbia in order to get home as they are stuck. Airlines won't fly until they have enough to fill a flight and make some cash out of it as likely they fly home empty.

A work colleague got out of hotel quarantine this week after four months looking after her elderly mother and her sister in the Netherlands.

It took her weeks to get home; couldn’t go via the UK (additional quarantine period).

I actually cannot believe anyone would be doing anything other than taking the absolute piss if they are not taking this seriously, and as for the judgement calls based on local experience or your political affiliation - you ******* tossers.

My brother in law moved from Tokyo to Melbourne with his wife in March, just as all flights were getting canceled. He was nervous but got through fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have never voted labour and probably never will but I got no problem with the way Dan Andrews has gone about it.
This latest spike has pretty much come about by something as so trivial as a shared lighter, a relaxed attitude to quarantine protocol and a family function that had too many people according to guidelines.

Politics should stay out of it. People just love having Someone to blame but personally it’s just stupidity of a small few and bad luck. Could’ve happened in any state taking people from overseas quarantine.

The state of Georgia has reached a three-month low in its number of recorded coronavirus deaths, roughly two months after the state began to lift its lockdown restrictions amid sharp criticism that a too-hasty reopening would result in widespread fatalities.

The state's COVID-19 dashboard shows a seven-day running average of about 15.3 deaths per day as of June 15. The state's moving average has not been that low since March 28. (The posted average has continued to decline since June 15, though the state cautions that data within the last 14 days may be updated as more cases and deaths are reported.)

We will really regret our approach to the virus, choosing extermination over reasoned risk management. When the rest of the world is opened up following the natural trend of an epidemic to burn out as it saturates the community, our borders will remained locked tight because we’ve spent nine months trying to stop it completely rather than manage the outbreak. When our borders do open, Australia will light up like fireworks with outbreaks.

Won’t the silly games being played by politicians look really silly then? To our great misfortune.

We will really regret our approach to the virus, choosing extermination over reasoned risk management. When the rest of the world is opened up following the natural trend of an epidemic to burn out as it saturates the community, our borders will remained locked tight because we’ve spent nine months trying to stop it completely rather than manage the outbreak. When our borders do open, Australia will light up like fireworks with outbreaks.

Won’t the silly games being played by politicians look really silly then? To our great misfortune.
Antibodies last maybe 3 months or so before they starting reducing. There is no heard immunity. The strategy is reduce community levels, establish track and trace procedures and medical stock piles, and lock down specific areas with outbreaks as they emerge. If we didn’t implement social distancing, potentially thousands die upfront and we don’t get an opportunity to develop treatments, and eventually a vaccine, to avoid deaths. The rest of the world is by and large in the same state as Australia. I’m not even sure what ideal state you are comparing us to...we are going to come out of this with better health and economic outcomes than the vast majority of the planet.

We haven't chosen extermination, nobody is out there trying to kill the virus

We haven't chosen elimination. Some states have gotten lucky in that respect but nationally the plan was not eliminated it was suppression which we've achieved.

I'd find it amusing that you just pop in when you find an article to support the view you've had since March if it wasn't for the fact that the reality out there doesn't match your view.

There is still no evidence that herd immunity is a valid strategy and just letting people get sick unchecked has proven to lead to large amounts of deaths.

You want to risk killing a bunch of people for a benefit not proven to exist in the name of the economy when the rest of the world is tanking anyway and a large part of our economy is dependent on the rest of the world.

Good to see as new information comes to light you are sticking to your snap judgement

My brother in law moved from Tokyo to Melbourne with his wife in March, just as all flights were getting canceled. He was nervous but got through fine.
Ah got it, you know one person who got home ok so everyone else should be able to.

Ah got it, you know one person who got home ok so everyone else should be able to.

incorrect.

I know of personally, my brother in law & wife from Tokyo, 2 work colleagues in the states and 1 family member in Europe, they all got home ok. The ones coming in now made the choice to stay, they could have got home earlier.

incorrect.

I know of personally, my brother in law & wife from Tokyo, 2 work colleagues in the states and 1 family member in Europe, they all got home ok. The ones coming in now made the choice to stay, they could have got home earlier.

and that’s okay because as Australian citizens that’s their right

incorrect.

You're not paying attention are you. Some people have been trying to get home for months. What country they were in impacts their ability to get home

Some were dealing with sick or dying relatives that they were taking care of and couldn't drop everything back in March.

It's not like these stories haven't been in the news either but you just want to make the judgement that it's all just people who could have come home earlier but we're happy where they were until it turned bad and that seems to be because there have been a lot of flights from India and surrounding areas recently

There are people who have been trying to get home for months, but also people who have only recently started trying to get home, and plenty more who aren't interested in coming home either.

I know a number of Australian citizens who are overseas and haven't made any attempt to come to Australia, and I know one who is currently on a flight to Sydney.

If things get worse around the world then we may close our borders.

Roadblocks and check sites set up in the suburbs that are hot spots .

Just got stopped on camp rd , cop told me they will be set up in each suburb that's a hot spot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back