Cox Plate 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its its own track with its own quirks, i dont see that as a negative. Swoopers get their chance if they are good enough. There is no better track in Austalia to watch the races live.

The only time i hate the place is when they put the rail out 8m. Starts as a leadathon then becomes chook lotto by race 6 as every jockey suddenly realises the track is favouring the leaders.

Correct.

Issue is the moneyback promo is ''first bet up to $100" and this super odds promo is $25 max bet

So if you want to place your bet on the day (like I do with Adelaide because I'd like to see how the fixed odds move tomorrow as I think he could come out a little when the day punters come for the cleaner and fawkner) then you cant back the super odds at $25 max because you then wont get the moneyback promo if you intend to bet more than $25 on the horse

Luckily I backed $100 on adelaide at $9 earlier in the week, so I can still bet on the super odds for Adelaide, otherwise I'd have to miss out if I wanted my $100 bet placed tomorrow be eligible for the moneyback

So you either have to choose, $25 bet on the moneyback at better odds, or ignore super odds and bet tomorrow if you want to play the moneyback place special

Yeah I did the same, had my main bet on Faulkner for the money back, then got the $25 on for the special.

The Cleaner came home his final 400m in 21.68 in his last piece of track work. Has improved lengths off his last start win

Needs a 1.5-2 length career best just to match Fawkner's last win - let alone if Fawnker improves.

I'm guessing you don't use times much?

It's a fair question. This is Longford race track. The 400m could be anything from 375m to 425m, and it could do anything from go up 10 degrees to down 10 degrees in inclination. And the clocker could be using a stopwatch and look up moments after The Cleaner hits the 400m, and he could have cataracts in his eyes. AND, most importantly, he might've run 1000m prior to it in 72, in which case even I could come home in 21.68.*

*By I I don't actually mean I.

It's a fair question. This is Longford race track. The 400m could be anything from 375m to 425m, and it could do anything from go up 10 degrees to down 10 degrees in inclination. And the clocker could be using a stopwatch and look up moments after The Cleaner hits the 400m, and he could have cataracts in his eyes. AND, most importantly, he might've run 1000m prior to it in 72, in which case even I could come home in 21.68.*

*By I I don't actually mean I.

Are you saying Micky Burles would make something up?

Are you saying that Micky Burles doesn't have the latest technology tracking his mighty steads to the millisecond or millimetre?

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6 leaders 1 sat behind the leader one from last... why didnt all jockeys try to lead in every race.. !!!! cos they were stupid? hmmmm

Punters paradise if you had correct speed maps.

Punters paradise if you had correct speed maps.
i got the quad.. had shockermole cos i had field in the last leg in my small quaddie ... thought i had it!! oh well cannot complain given its the valley :D
and tomorrow starting to really warm to Side Glance, didnt race for 2 months before the Caulfield Stakes only got beaten 2 lengths by fawkner and probably has more improvement in it.

i got the quad.. had shockermole cos i had field in the last leg in my small quaddie ... thought i had it!! oh well cannot complain given its the valley :D
and tomorrow starting to really warm to Side Glance, didnt race for 2 months before the Caulfield Stakes only got beaten 2 lengths by fawkner and probably has more improvement in it.

If SG could lead and dictate i would agree, no chance of that happening though.

Good luck though, I've been wrong before and ill be wrong again.

If SG could lead and dictate i would agree, no chance of that happening though.

Good luck though, I've been wrong before and ill be wrong again.
they are all saying the cleaner will go mental in front. he doesnt always go mental and if Side Glance sits off them i think he will go past him .. depends on whether he gets run over at the end. at 30s im prepared to take the risk . i dont bet big at the Valley but it will be an interest. and dont worry i am wrong A LOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.