Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

89 was the only GF they played in the 80,s,think they lost 92,94 and 95 also, don't quote me though.
That they did.
I was there for all of them and barracking for them, (more-so against Eagles and Carlton).
PS: Sorry to quote, when asked not to ;)

I can't take you seriously if you are suggesting we have had just as much luck go our way in finals.

But take luck out of the discussion. From the viewpoint of sheer shattering disappointment in leading five grand finals by four or five goals and losing all of them, that record is unmatched. Geelong lost a few in the 80s but they never looked like it in the Eagles games or the blues in 95.

I'm happy for others to not feel the angst I do but don't try to tell me the ledger is evenly balanced when it comes to luck in finals.

The Hawks won three prelims by less than a kick during their dominant run. We have lost three by less than a kick since 2007 .

15 grand finals for two wins in my lifetime. Seriously.
Unfortunately have to agree.

By whatever design, we are the most unsuccessful Club in the league with 44 GF appearances (VFL/AFL). Winning 15 and losing 27 (drawing 2).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Fly at the Hawks during this messed up situation?
He was only there in 2021, so not the period of concern.

Wright and Bolton, however, were there. As were other current senior figures (Ratten, Fagan) and a prospective senior figure (Yze).

He was only there in 2021, so not the period of concern.

Wright and Bolton, however, were there. As were other current senior figures (Ratten, Fagan) and a prospective senior figure (Yze).
Brett Ratten there too?

I could listen to this bloke talk every hour of every day.

Just watched his speech. Gees this club is in good hands for the next 10 years. Just hope the board doesn’t shoot us in the foot.