Cricket Discussion - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow: what a start to day 4. I'd like to apologise for my comments on day 1 - maybe our guys are finally showing some much needed grit and determination.

Of course, actually winning the final will be tough: Pattinson and co. are bowling incredibly well, so our top 6 will need to counter them somehow.

Wow: what a start to day 4. I'd like to apologise for my comments on day 1 - maybe our guys are finally showing some much needed grit and determination.

Of course, actually winning the final will be tough: Pattinson and co. are bowling incredibly well, so our top 6 will need to counter them somehow.

Well *, that's snuffed out any chance WA had of making the final before play's even got under way here - maybe they'll let NSW win now, just to spite youse campaigners :p

23 overs bowled, 22 of them have been from Sayers, Mennie and Worrall. Probably 5 or 6 overs to lunch, will Tassie survive the first session? Assuming that if there are 9 down at lunch then an extra half hour will be taken.

EDIT : McDermott just got out and Tassie are now 8/71 so the game being over by lunch is becoming more likely.

Adam Zampa is probably the one South Australian who isn't enjoying himself. Now that Tassie are 9 down and they have no hope Sam Rainbird has decided to enjoy himself and has hit 5 fours off Zampa. He has also hit two sixes but one of those was off Daniel Worrall. Tasmania are now all out for 106 and SA are in the final unless NSW can score 397 runs in one day at the WACA.

Well done Redbacks - an amazing turnaround from this time yesterday. WA certainly won't 'tank' today, but there will be a mental letdown now that they can't make the final. NSW need to bat positively, not aggressively, at just over 4 an over. It's a mild sunny day here in Perth and no apparent demons in the pitch, so if they can get to around 120 by lunch without losing more than 1 or 2 wickets they would give themselves a chance.

The one thing I get worried about with NSW is that any one player of their first five is capable of making a big ton while two or three players can give a hand with fifties. Only four of their first five are left so that may help a bit but I can't see them getting too far behind the eight-ball, even if Moises Henriques falls cheaply.

All set up for NSW to get the runs. 100 overs to score 400 runs is doable in this day and age especially when nothing wrong with the pitch which has alreay produced over 1,000 runs.WA have no incentive any more. It's like final Rd of footy, you are in the final and cant improve your spot so players put the cue in the rack after half time break. That will be the WA attitude unless Langer can somehow inspire them.

Ironically, if WA fails to defend this total, SA can look back to their 7 run loss to the Warriors, as one of the major reasons why they missed the final. But hey: it ain't over yet - go WA!!!!
Plus SA's failure to get a draw against the bulls, as well as not knocking the Vics over in the 1st innings (MCG) much sooner & eventually collapsing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If N$W get to 200 still with 9 wickets in hand, then it's definitely getting to the point of panic stations.

But then again if the Redbacks are able to take 10 wickets in a session (albeit against the worst team in the comp), then anything can happen.

Well done Redbacks - an amazing turnaround from this time yesterday. WA certainly won't 'tank' today, but there will be a mental letdown now that they can't make the final. NSW need to bat positively, not aggressively, at just over 4 an over. It's a mild sunny day here in Perth and no apparent demons in the pitch, so if they can get to around 120 by lunch without losing more than 1 or 2 wickets they would give themselves a chance.

They've got to 134 and they haven't lost a wicket today so I'd put them ahead of where they should be. They were 1/6 off 2 overs at stumps and a total of 32 overs have been bowled in the innings. So NSW require 269 in 65 overs at an average of 4.14.

They've got to 134 and they haven't lost a wicket today so I'd put them ahead of where they should be. They were 1/6 off 2 overs at stumps and a total of 32 overs have been bowled in the innings. So NSW require 269 in 65 overs at an average of 4.14.
Wouldn't say no to a hat trick straight after lunch.......

Wouldn't say no to a hat trick straight after lunch.......
Took 5 overs but Cowan is out for 80 and NSW still have to get 233 to win with 8 wickets in hand.
In other news Sri Lanka is all out and Bangladesh have to score 191 in over 2 sessions.
India are 28 behind Australia with 4 wickets in hand

Bloody WA. If they scored 4/275 at 4.43 an over what made them think that it would be difficult for NSW to score 402 at 4.14 an over? And we were 300 up on Tassie at the time and WA would have expected us to win, which would have put them out of the running. The best chance they would have had for a win would have been to give NSW a 5 rpo run chase which could have caused them to give up some wickets. Allowing Hughes, Cowan, Patterson and Henriques to go at comfortable rates looks like it will let them in. Maybe WA should be renamed Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back