Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Green for man of the match, followed by daylight.

I think it was closer than that, Cam Green deserved the medal but I would not have been upset if Nathan Lyon had got it. Ten wickets in a Test is not done that often.

In a match where only 3 players passed 50 over four completed innings a score of 174 undefeated is a standout performance. Well done to Cameron Green.

First time I've ever seen this as I was living O's at the time. Classic David Hookes, out the box thinking.

Thanks for posting that - Hookesy was my idol - I loved everything about him from a cricket perspective - this was genius

I'm gonna say it again as all of the conversation both here and post-match has been about Lyon vs Green.

Josh Hazlewood was amazing in the first test and if we were to put the stats away and look at what he did and when he did it, he absolutely belongs in that same conversation.

Got to love Bazball.......or the Indian version of it anyway!!

India have a good amount of depth right now, imagine how they'd be going with Kohli playing as well.
Unlike the Poms, the Indians choose the right ball to hit more often than not. It'll be interesting to see England's approach in the second innings, if they're chasing 350+ just to make India bat again.

Unlike the Poms, the Indians choose the right ball to hit more often than not. It'll be interesting to see England's approach in the second innings, if they're chasing 350+ just to make India bat again.

Yep, as much as I think T20 and in particular IPL isn't good for cricket technique it's pretty obvious the India batsmen are still taught to value their wicket at the lower levels before playing tests.
I reckon if the Poms need to chase anymore than about 250 to even make them bat again we'll see them disintegrate big time.
Ashwin and Kuldeep will take them apart again.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

India 1/135 in reply to England's 218. The Indians know they can bat for the best part of two days and put the Poms to the sword.

As I have posted previously bazball hands the opposition all the time in the world and that is where the strategy falls apart. When the Poms started bazballing back on the tour of Pakistan the Pakis fell for it and tried to respond the Indians on the other hand have been much more astute and have looked to bat for long periods. There is every chance the Indians will lead this by at least 200 on the first innings thus putting the Poms in a corner as they either continue with their bazball approach in the second innings and suffer the embarrassment of another big loss or risk losing face by batting to save the game.

As I have also posted previously it is only a matter of time before the Poms lobby the ICC for four day Tests.

What to say about Ravindra. His best is unbelievable but he's gone out three times just chasing leavable balls.

Seems to lack patience and gets nervous when he can't get bat on ball. He's better than his two first innings in this series for sure.

What to say about Ravindra. His best is unbelievable but he's gone out three times just chasing leavable balls.

Seems to lack patience and gets nervous when he can't get bat on ball. He's better than his two first innings in this series for sure.
Very good young player, but obviously lacks patience and concentration - which are both essential elements when you're facing the best bowling attack in world cricket. Same goes for Williamson today: all those recent centuries won't count for much if he can't score runs against the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back