Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Renegedes away kit is atrocious. The red on it looks really washed out too, it looks like the sixers are playing the scorchers.
i don't think it's supposed to be red, it's 'neon red' or something

Another peculiarity was the Renegades wearing black pads. So we now know it's logistically feasible for the Scorchers, Thunder, Strikers and Sixers to have two sets to match whichever colour of pants they're wearing but they choose not to.

Another peculiarity was the Renegades wearing black pads. So we now know it's logistically feasible for the Scorchers, Thunder, Strikers and Sixers to have two sets to match whichever colour of pants they're wearing but they choose not to.

The different coloured pads is a design element i would've thought?

The different coloured pads is a design element i would've thought?
I thought it was an oversight by whoever had the 'bright' idea to make every team wear coloured (non-black) pants this season, but now it seems perhaps not.

Strikers' pads have always been dark blue on light pants.
They wore matching pants in WBBL|04, which looked way better. And they've always been black pads, just like Australia's T20I team or what the Hurricanes used to wear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BBL uniforms could be executed better (heaps better) but in terms of general branding, no other cricket league in the world is anywhere near as effective.

The Super Smash, the Hundred and the CPL etc all look like each other. And then in the IPL you have the Super Royals, the Mega Kings, the Giant Knights and the Royal Royalties all basically wearing blue with gold-plated accents. Terrible.

BBL uniforms could be executed better (heaps better) but in terms of general branding, no other cricket league in the world is anywhere near as effective.

The Super Smash, the Hundred and the CPL etc all look like each other. And then in the IPL you have the Super Royals, the Mega Kings, the Giant Knights and the Royal Royalties all basically wearing blue with gold-plated accents. Terrible.
What the BBL had going for it was that each team was to be defined by a colour that was not respresentive of the state or city they were situated in. However, the BBLs push to only have that colour on their kits is wrong, with need a secondary colour to help with identity. The BBL should have gone against the black/white trend and asked teams to pick a different secondary colour.

The SuperSmash, Hundred and CPL are all representative leagues. They represent the area they are from, and have a majority of the players from that district, county, and country. This means an identity is already there and must be retained. The IPL is purely a franchise league, with no state representation in teams. Virat is from Delhi, plays for RCB; MS from Jharkhand, plays for CSK.

I think the over use of blue in the IPL comes from blue being the main sporting colour in India, having that nation pride is what is important when setting up a new team. This is the main reason many of the Big 4 teams use red or blue as part of their kits or logos.

Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata are the only teams to use blue as their primary colour in the IPL. Whilst Chennai and Rajasthan use blue as a secondary colour. Rajasthan changed its primary colour from Royal Blue to Pink at the start of the 2018 season as they felt too many teams had blue as a good primary colour.

However, the BBLs push to only have that colour on their kits is wrong, with need a secondary colour to help with identity.
I'm confident that's the best part. Secondary colours would only muddle each team's branding and consequently make the BBL look like every other league.

The bad things about the current BBL uniforms are: team logos are under-utilised; no unique minor details; some teams wearing black pads with coloured pants; Majestic.

While I agree with this. There’s nothing wrong the Victorian helmet. Anything more, especially created by a nine year old, and it’ll fu** it up.
I for one love the new helmet design.

1577748556107.png

I'm confident that's the best part. Secondary colours would only muddle each team's branding and consequently make the BBL look like every other league.

The bad things about the current BBL uniforms are: team logos are under-utilised; no unique minor details; some teams wearing black pads with coloured pants; Majestic.
Are you suggesting the Scorchers and Sixers look better without the black elements of their strips?

Are you suggesting the Scorchers and Sixers look better without the black elements of their strips?
My humble suggestion is they (and any other team) should wear black pants if they're going to wear black pads.

I like these variations. Same for coloured pads with black pants. Mix it all up.
I think it looks like try-hard local level stuff, could just be me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back