Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No replays of the full final session seem to be available anywhere. So sad that I was too tired to switch on the tape when I gave up and went to bed, but I would have assumed I could watch it somehow in daylight hours. Sigh.

Channel 9 are a ******* joke. At least sell the replay rights to Kayo if you're not gonna bother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where are the people who called for Smith to be banned?

The greatest batsman since the Don and we missed twelve months of him in his prime.

For doing something which his opposition captain had done and been heralded by his own country for.

That's right, some countries applaud their national cricketers for playing to win.

Like typical whingers, we s**t on our own stars for the fun of a brief moment of self-righteous indignation.

If it were up to me, all people who called for an extended Smith ban would be given two choices:

1) A public tarring and feathering.

2) A life ban from attending Test matches on Australian soil.

I know people will think I am being facetious for comic effect. I am in fact being completely serious.

Last edited:

The greatest batsman since the Don and we missed twelve months of him in his prime.

For doing something which his opposition captain had done and been heralded by his own country for.

That's right, some countries applaud their national cricketers for playing to win.

Like typical whingers, we s**t on our own stars for the fun of a brief moment of self-righteousness indignation.

If it were up to me, all people who called for an extended Smith ban would be given two choices:

I know people will think I am being facetious for comic effect. I am in fact being completely serious.

Meh, we may have missed 12 months of Steve Smith but the fallout from sandpaper gate has been nothing but a positive for Australian cricket.

As a result, CA have successfully changed a toxic culture that was dragging the team down the gurglar. Thanks to a change of leadership and a re-alignment of values the Australian team is now back to playing hard, tough cricket in a respectful way. The team now looks united and I think it was Lyon who said recently, that this one of the tightest group of blokes he's ever played with.

Oh, and we've just won the Ashes in England for the 1st time in 19 years.

Well done CA, Justin Langer and Tim Paine.

Like typical whingers, we s**t on our own stars for the fun of a brief moment of self-righteousness indignation.

I'll take option 1, please.

The fact he has scored runs since coming back is a version of the good bloke defence.

Marsh is back....

AUSTRALIA XII FOR FIFTH ASHES TEST: David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Mitch Marsh, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (c, wk), Pat Cummins, Peter Siddle, Mitch Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back