Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see K.Hughes looking happy . Personally think the Captaincy wrecked him as a batsmen . Was very classy in his prime .

Pretty much just wrecked him. Wasn't a great era for Australian cricket, but there were some great sides around back then. Also no Zimbabwes, Bangladesh, etc either to prop up your stats, although no Springboks either.

Pretty much just wrecked him. Wasn't a great era for Australian cricket, but there were some great sides around back then. Also no Zimbabwes, Bangladesh, etc either to prop up your stats, although no Springboks either.
I went to the boxing day test against England just after the WSC split . Darling and Wood trying to run each other out , Hughes ,Yallop and i think Rodney Hogg being Rodney . Got thrown out after a pom had a swing at me and missed , coppers thought i started it . Those were the days .

I went to the boxing day test against England just after the WSC split . Darling and Wood trying to run each other out , Hughes ,Yallop and i think Rodney Hogg being Rodney . Got thrown out after a pom had a swing at me and missed , coppers thought i started it . Those were the days .

Man, you're old.

England are the only team that can win this test from here. In hindsight, bowling first was a mistake.

I haven't been watching this match much. Is it the pitch or have we just batted badly? Bit of rain about but there didn't look to be any excessive bounce or movement when I was watching yesterday.

I haven't been watching this match much. Is it the pitch or have we just batted badly? Bit of rain about but there didn't look to be any excessive bounce or movement when I was watching yesterday.
Well to me Warner is just out of form , Bancroft never looked comfortable , Khawaja chased one outside off , Wade picked the wrong ball to get aggressive with, the ball is moving slightly , England have bowled to the conditions so probably a bit of both.

England are the only team that can win this test from here. In hindsight, bowling first was a mistake.
Meh it's a 4 day test. On this pitch we could easily make another 70 and then bowl them out for 80 and be chasing 140.
Really we were hoping to knock em over early and then bat once on a 'day 3 and 4' pitch.

No dramas for me for them going for it

Meh it's a 4 day test. On this pitch we could easily make another 70 and then bowl them out for 80 and be chasing 140.
Really we were hoping to knock em over early and then bat once on a 'day 3 and 4' pitch.

No dramas for me for them going for it

More just a statement than a criticism. I'm on board with the decision to bowl first, it's just not worked out so well.

More just a statement than a criticism. I'm on board with the decision to bowl first, it's just not worked out so well.
We had em 6-160 odd. Even if we make another 50 runs here England would have to hit 230 in about 40 overs to set us a 300 target in a day. Very likely a draw here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith has just come back into test cricket as if he never had a year off. On a side note i miss Isa ,just like the sound of her voice in amongst the boys club.

Does the soft, sultry baritone of Mel Jones not do it for you? What about Lisa Sthlakar talking s**t with Heals? I don't have an issue with a "boys" club but Isa is one of the few modern commentators who doesn't prattle on like a twat.

Swung around again by the looks of things and we're now back at evens to win the test.

Smith should be dropped. Couldn't even ton up. We need new blood in the side.

Does the soft, sultry baritone of Mel Jones not do it for you? What about Lisa Sthlakar talking s**t with Heals? I don't have an issue with a "boys" club but Isa is one of the few modern commentators who doesn't prattle on like a twat.

Swung around again by the looks of things and we're now back at evens to win the test.

Smith should be dropped. Couldn't even ton up. We need new blood in the side.
Smith was dropped , Archer hit him twice. On a serious note anything could happen on the last day . I still think a draw is most likely although if England can get 200 in front , i would be very nervous watching us bat last on this deck .
Lloyd is funny but mumbles too much , Botham sounds bored , Holding is too serious and Warne drifts off talking s**t . The studio panel is all they could afford (very cheap) and Tubby is just annoying . Apart from that was a very interesting days cricket . I miss the sledging , its too quiet out there .

Smith was dropped , Archer hit him twice. On a serious note anything could happen on the last day . I still think a draw is most likely although if England can get 200 in front , i would be very nervous watching us bat last on this deck .
Lloyd is funny but mumbles too much , Botham sounds bored , Holding is too serious and Warne drifts off talking s**t . The studio panel is all they could afford (very cheap) and Tubby is just annoying . Apart from that was a very interesting days cricket . I miss the sledging , its too quiet out there .

I quite like Holding. He's not exactly grumpy but comes across as not liking what he's watching most of the time, which is understandable. Ian Bishop is OK as well. If they could steal Brendon McCullum and Ricky Ponting away from whatever networks they're with at the moment, I think you could cobble together 5 or 6 decent commentators without having to be bored by Taylor, Heals, Clarke, Nicholas, etc. Warne would be okay if he dialed down his bullshit and stuck to commenting on what's going on in front of him.

I quite like Holding. He's not exactly grumpy but comes across as not liking what he's watching most of the time, which is understandable. Ian Bishop is OK as well. If they could steal Brendon McCullum and Ricky Ponting away from whatever networks they're with at the moment, I think you could cobble together 5 or 6 decent commentators without having to be bored by Taylor, Heals, Clarke, Nicholas, etc. Warne would be okay if he dialed down his bulls**t and stuck to commenting on what's going on in front of him.
Yeah i am being a bit picky , Holdings frustration with Archer who with more experience could be a real weapon for England wasn't hidden . The others just creamed themselves as if Archer had taken a 5 for when he gave away a lot of runs bowling to short to often . I only hope when its our turn to bat again the top 3 show some fight for a change .

Yeah i am being a bit picky , Holdings frustration with Archer who with more experience could be a real weapon for England wasn't hidden . The others just creamed themselves as if Archer had taken a 5 for when he gave away a lot of runs bowling to short to often . I only hope when its our turn to bat again the top 3 show some fight for a change .

Archer will be good; very good once he gets a number of Tests under his belt. Sadly, I think Anderson just injured his way into his England retirement. He's never been a good tourist, but has been fantastic at home for the last 8 odd years. Can't keep picking him and Broad though - have to make way for the future at some stage.

Its an interesting spot for the game to be in. If we bowl well and put the Poms under the pump early, then we're a chance to skittle them and try to chase 150 odd in a session and a half. The Poms won't come out firing so the option for them is bat well and draw or set the most sporting of declarations... which I just don't see happening. Maybe I'm being optimistic about our chances, but if we bowl well, we're a decent shout. Maybe draw 55%, Australia 35% and Poms 10%. We would have to completely fall in a heap to lose this, although if Smith is impaired, then maybe I'm not giving England enough of a shot.

Archer will be good; very good once he gets a number of Tests under his belt. Sadly, I think Anderson just injured his way into his England retirement. He's never been a good tourist, but has been fantastic at home for the last 8 odd years. Can't keep picking him and Broad though - have to make way for the future at some stage.

Its an interesting spot for the game to be in. If we bowl well and put the Poms under the pump early, then we're a chance to skittle them and try to chase 150 odd in a session and a half. The Poms won't come out firing so the option for them is bat well and draw or set the most sporting of declarations... which I just don't see happening. Maybe I'm being optimistic about our chances, but if we bowl well, we're a decent shout. Maybe draw 55%, Australia 35% and Poms 10%. We would have to completely fall in a heap to lose this, although if Smith is impaired, then maybe I'm not giving England enough of a shot.
Not sure if you watched the last session yesterday but i reckon we gifted them 40-50 runs through some wayward bowling, sloppy fielding and missed opportunities. I also agree that i don't think the poms will risk losing this with a sporting dec.

Not sure if you watched the last session yesterday but i reckon we gifted them 40-50 runs through some wayward bowling, sloppy fielding and missed opportunities. I also agree that i don't think the poms will risk losing this with a sporting dec.

Nah, I went to bed early last night. Haven't watched too much of this Test, to be honest, so fair enough if we're not bowling particularly well. Even so, a rollicking start tonight from Hazlewood and Cummins could be enough. The joys of Test cricket - just good enough or good enough at the right times can make the difference.

I really hate the Poms. The amount of players they cherry pick from other countries through Kolpak is a joke.

You need to change your mindset. We're not playing against England, we're playing against the British Empire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back