Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least Jobe has had a chance to hit his peak.
For comparison's sake. First 44 games (because, you know, that's all Cripps has played so far).
View attachment 342859
Yeah if you want to use Jobes first 40-50 games anyone will look a star.

He was over weight and being played as a CHF at the beginning. Then did some training with Old Man Williams and turned his career around

Yeah if you want to use Jobes first 40-50 games anyone will look a star.

He was over weight and being played as a CHF at the beginning. Then did some training with Old Man Williams and turned his career around
Well it's kinda all we have to go off. Cripps has only played 44 games. So Jobe started off as a CHF and only has a marginally better goal average than a guy that's been criticized for his work in front of goals? And half as many goal assists.
Anything can happen between now and another 200 odd games, but Cripps is on track to be better than Jobe.

Well it's kinda all we have to go off. Cripps has only played 44 games. So Jobe started off as a CHF and only has a marginally better goal average than a guy that's been criticized for his work in front of goals? And half as many goal assists.
Anything can happen between now and another 200 odd games, but Cripps is on track to be better than Jobe.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't talking down Cripps whatsoever. I rate him highly and am not getting wrapped up in the normal BF s**t slinging.

Was just making note of Jobe's start of his career

Meanwhile we'll have our own big 3. With blackjack. And hookers.

Brayshaw-Petracca-Oliver. Seriously. All three are in the same bracket, just a year or two behind them.
Brayshaw and Petracca are a whopping month and a bit younger than Bontempelli. They're more than a year or two behind him.

Brayshaw and Petracca are a whopping month and a bit younger than Bontempelli. They're more than a year or two behind him.
Year less in the system though.

You can only have 3 in the next big 3 - ffs, some people :rolleyes:
The "Big 3" had four anyway - Roo is so underrated outside of SA it's not even funny.

When are Essendon supporters going to understand that opposition supporters are never going to rate an Essendon player? They'd rather rob their own mother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney came in more AFL ready than any of them. Kid had a decent rig coming through a decent academy.
Im curious what ceiling you think he has that is higher than Merrett.
He has more impact with his disposals, Merrett just seems like an extremely good accumulator. I believe Merrett is closer to his peak than Heeney. This is just my opinion, and I will probably be wrong in the future but I do believe that it'll be Bont and Cripps with the third member of the 'big three' up for debate.

He has more impact with his disposals, Merrett just seems like an extremely good accumulator. I believe Merrett is closer to his peak than Heeney. This is just my opinion, and I will probably be wrong in the future but I do believe that it'll be Bont and Cripps with the third member of the 'big three' up for debate.

Well that is just flat out wrong, Merrett is one of the most damaging players in our side, not many more we'd prefer to have the ball in their hands.

Well that is just flat out wrong, Merrett is one of the most damaging players in our side, not many more we'd prefer to have the ball in their hands.
Yeah it's weird how that always gets brought up - this perception on BigFooty that he racks up ineffective disposals is nonsense. Totally understand rating Heeney as a better prospect and his ceiling is certainly higher. Merrett's disposal is superior though.

Maybe accumulator was the wrong word, but he is a bit vanilla. He may be damaging in your side, but I can name Cripps, Bont, Petracca, Shiel, Heeney, and Kelly as being more damaging to the opposition.

Maybe accumulator was the wrong word, but he is a bit vanilla. He may be damaging in your side, but I can name Cripps, Bont, Petracca, Shiel, Heeney, and Kelly as being more damaging to the opposition.

I expect Merrett to change you mind this year. It's very hard to be damaging with the way Essendon moved the ball last season

I expect Merrett to change you mind this year. It's very hard to be damaging with the way Essendon moved the ball last season
It's not really about his ball use, because Merrett's is definitely better than guys like Cripps and Heeney. The other poster is just referring to players who stand out more. It's not a totally unreasonable basis on which to judge players - damaging is definitely the wrong word though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back