Cripps Bontempelli Merrett Kelly - the next big 4?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought given the Essendon midfield at that time they would've gone for a pacy midfielder along the lines of Freeman, Acres isn't a bad shout either. Not sure drafting Cripps would've been well received at the time
i think when u have multiple picks you take a bit more risk. takint cripps as a high risk high reward prospect makes sense when i have 3 early picks

i think when u have multiple picks you take a bit more risk. takint cripps as a high risk high reward prospect makes sense when i have 3 early picks

Except for the fact he was very highly rated and just slipped. Was deemed the second best mid behind Crouch. Wonder what all those rceruiters thought... maybe too slow.

My favourite young player.

I've always said Cripps is the best in this conversation and this season is proving it. But Kelly is an immense talent and when he returns to full fitness will be wonderous to see. Two of the absolute best in the competition.
Yup. Cripps>Kelly>Merrett>Bont is how I have seen it. I think Kelly is the most skilled but Cripps is someone who you can build a team around.

you should learn to express yourself clearly, this is a forum after all.

you said "he his averse/his preference is not to have surgery against medical advice".

If you said "medicos say surgery wouldn't be a permanent fix, so he doesn't want to risk it on something temporary..." --- that is totally different.
Yes that's what I said and you just made up the ending in your own mind (in bold above).
Nothing to do with expression.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes because me ranking him 5th in that list makes me think he is s**t. Merrett is a better kick and provides excellent defensive work, the rest win more contested ball.
Good summary of merrett.
Of the bunch, I'd prefer the ball in his hands for that crucial decision making and execution through the middle.
Much like a Sam Mitchell or Jared McVeigh, his role is undervalued in this discussion

Yes because me ranking him 5th in that list makes me think he is s**t. Merrett is a better kick and provides excellent defensive work, the rest win more contested ball.

No.

Just no.

Kelly was 5th in the league for tackles in 2017, he's 9th in the league for tackles per game in 2018.

He's just as inside as he is outside and is a far more damaging player with ball in hand than Merrett. He's a genuine 100m player.

For a player to rank top 5 in the league in meters gained and tackles is a rare combination. He's the best kick of this group, gets it 30 times a game and kicks almost a goal a game.

He's the complete package, 3rd in the MVP and 5th in the Brownlow at 22 attests to this.

He's the second coming of Robbie Flower.

No.

Just no.

Kelly was 5th in the league for tackles in 2017, he's 9th in the league for tackles per game in 2018.

He's just as inside as he is outside and is a far more damaging player with ball in hand than Merrett. He's a genuine 100m player.

For a player to rank top 5 in the league in meters gained and tackles is a rare combination. He's the best kick of this group, gets it 30 times a game and kicks almost a goal a game.

He's the complete package, 3rd in the MVP and 5th in the Brownlow at 22 attests to this.

He's the second coming of Robbie Flower.
I agree with everything you're saying, but these days it's about the here and the now, and up until this week, Kelly hasn't been playing. If you haven't done something for 5 minutes, you're forgotten about. He'll very quickly rise up the ranks in here once people are reminded of how good he is.

4th at best really.

There's no argument between him vs Cripps/Bont/Kelly.

I'd personally have Merrett ahead of Oliver also, but I can understand why people are marking Merrett down this year (despite it being concussion-affected form).
You're right 4th

Edit: At best

I agree with everything you're saying, but these days it's about the here and the now, and up until this week, Kelly hasn't been playing. If you haven't done something for 5 minutes, you're forgotten about. He'll very quickly rise up the ranks in here once people are reminded of how good he is.

Luckily I base my opinion on more than a 2 week sample size.

It's not as if this form was 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back