crowie

Club Legend
Jul 27, 2004
Perth, WA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
N. Forest, NY Mets
...IMO is better at United games at Hindmarsh than Crows games at AAMI.

I've been to the first few AU games this season and the atmosphere is hands down better at the soccer. The flares are a bit mindless but it's an all round more enjoyable experience.

Easier to get to, the crowd is positive towards the players, there is always noise from at least some of the crowd, plus you can drink beer in your seat and I don't think there is a bad seat to watch the action from.

Anyone else who's experienced both and has an opinion?

The singing brings the atmosphere. A more intimate stadium and no Grannies knitting to tell you to be quiet....

I love the United games....

I beleive that musical instruments are not allowed at Footy Park. A drum and some trumpets would be good.

Great atmosphere at the game Friday night.. helps when you romp over the Vics though.

At Footy Park there is more atmosphere at the bars which is one reason I prefer to watch games there. You are able to drink and watch the game though, at Hindmarsh you can drink while watching the game.. Footy Park is far too sterile.

I agree United games have an insane atmosphere I Loved mauling the Vics friday night it was so sweet! Adelaide Crows games well you cheer for a goal then sit down shut up or sit down and then bag your team it seems at AAMI

I've been to the first few AU games this season and the atmosphere is hands down better at the soccer. The flares are a bit mindless but it's an all round more enjoyable experience.

Easier to get to, the crowd is positive towards the players, there is always noise from at least some of the crowd, plus you can drink beer in your seat and I don't think there is a bad seat to watch the action from.

perhaps your games would be more exciting if u didnt play such a negative, defence based brand of football... not intended as a sledge but adelaide play a lock down brand that is not as appealing to watch as say a west coast style when sitting in the stands.

I'm older and can't stand fighting at Sport. Hindmarsh has too many yobbos...unsafe for teenagers....would not go again. Maybe the beer being allowed in seats is some of the problem.No beer in seats for me!
Give me Footy Park anytime. Flares also turn me right off.

perhaps your games would be more exciting if u didnt play such a negative, defence based brand of football... not intended as a sledge but adelaide play a lock down brand that is not as appealing to watch as say a west coast style when sitting in the stands.

The crowd at Crows games have been like this for longer than we've been playing lock down footy.

A major contributer is the lack of any opposition support, but more can be done to liven up the atmosphere. Unfortunately when some people try and get anything going they are shouted down by the boring majority.

On another note, Crows supporters would have to be up there with the most uneducated football followers in the league, some of the things that are yelled out are laughable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On another note, Crows supporters would have to be up there with the most uneducated football followers in the league, some of the things that are yelled out are laughable.

Every team has supporters like that you clown.

I'm older and can't stand fighting at Sport. Hindmarsh has too many yobbos...unsafe for teenagers....would not go again. Maybe the beer being allowed in seats is some of the problem.No beer in seats for me!
Give me Footy Park anytime. Flares also turn me right off.

The % of young kids at United games would be much higher than that of Crows games. I'm talking about 13 and under, not just teenagers. There is a huge family following at the soccer.

Don't you get sick of being surrounded by 50 year old ladies that are only there for a BBQ and a day out?

Absolutely. I don't have to put up with it in Adelaide though. But still, every club has absolute moron fans. At times I say ridiculous things myself. But really saying we have really uneducated fans in comparison to all other sides is what's laughable.

Absolutely. I don't have to put up with it in Adelaide though. But still, every club has absolute moron fans. At times I say ridiculous things myself. But really saying we have really uneducated fans in comparison to all other sides is what's laughable.

Fair enough, but I didn't say that the Crows had the only uneducated football followers. I just said that they would have to be up there, which is just an estimation based on my football experiences at AAMI and in Melbourne.

Fair enough, but I didn't say that the Crows had the only uneducated football followers. I just said that they would have to be up there, which is just an estimation based on my football experiences at AAMI and in Melbourne.

I've had some pretty ordinary experiences with the Blues, Hawks and Dogs fans too. But it truly just depends on who you are sitting around. Sometimes you will sit nearby some great people and other times you will get morons. Every club has them, truly is very hard to judge.

On the atmosphere at AAMI though I don't see it as all that bad when I've been there. Not many problems with everyone supporting the same side. The Preliminary Final last year against the Eagles had a wonderful atmosphere. Was sensational whent he side came out and at many times throughout that game.

Define atmosphere.

at·mos·phere /ˈæt
thinsp.png
məsˌfɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[at-muh
thinsp.png
s-feer] –noun 1. the gaseous envelope surrounding the earth; the air. 2. this medium at a given place. 3. Astronomy. the gaseous envelope surrounding a heavenly body. 4. Chemistry. any gaseous envelope or medium. 5. a conventional unit of pressure, the normal pressure of the air at sea level, about 14.7 pounds per square inch (101.3 kilopascals), equal to the pressure exerted by a column of mercury 29.92 in. (760 mm) high. Abbreviation: atm. 6. a surrounding or pervading mood, environment, or influence: an atmosphere of impending war; a very tense atmosphere. 7. the dominant mood or emotional tone of a work of art, as of a play or novel: the chilly atmosphere of a ghost story. 8. a distinctive quality, as of a place; character: The old part of town has lots of atmosphere. –verb (used with object) 9. to give an atmosphere to: The author had cleverly atmosphered the novel for added chills.

The atmosphere at United games is great dont get me wrong, but, Ive been to every home AUFC games, and id rate the win vs Victory supporters as one of the best. The Victory supporters are ultimate ***** who try intimidating opposition sides in there own stadiums and the United supporters had to take a stand.

I usually only see 3-4 AFC games a year live. Its just a bad atmosphere. The only noise is idiot fans yelling stuff like "Kick it long!" or sniping the players the whole time. Much prefer having beers at my mates and watching it on the big screen there. Love to go to SANFL games and don't mind AU games, but I'm not really a soccer guy.

My first every game of AFL was 1997 Round 1 Adelaide vs Brisbane, Mod's kicked a bag....

Great atmosphere, loved every minute of it.

I think the main problem is its the same season ticket holders from 15 years ago, so their all older, wait till they drop dead and you will be ok again :)

But in all seriousness, it's not hard to see why the Crows Freo final last year was loud, they weren't all regulars their.

If your crowd is full of old grannies it's never gonna be loud, I get told to be quiet when I go to Crows games, and I was barracking for you guys!!!!!!!

Gotta admit the last 3 Port home games with good crowds are unbelieavably loud, shame we dont get 40k every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back