We need a great song for the crowd to get into before the game....

Remove this Banner Ad

In my opinion the Power pre game sing a long is all cringe.

I love the song they played this year in the count down and i love when they throw in the didgeridoo on indigenous round.

I think us supporters need to take more responsibility and get something better than the basketball chant going. Collingwood is three syllables and when that collingwood chant goes up in big games it seriously gives me shivers. Love if we could start something like that especially before the first bounce.

Graham Cornes? This is the go to call in topic for him on a Saturday morning every 3 or 4 weeks.

We don't and the only thing cringier than Port doing it would be to copy them and come up short.

Not that it's particulary original anyway.

I've always thought that Port's pregame unless we are purely talking about the song and scarf wave as massivly over rated but I think they earnt the reputation from that first ever game at Adelaide Oval, and it's because there was actually no time for a lot of the bullshit they fill the time in with because of the presentations. Was a very simple start from memory and then the song and then the game.

Next week we went with all of our regular pregame stuff and the story is well it's all pretty lame, that's not better than Port's, Crows need a song!

What people don't mention is that the week after Port would have rolled out all of their usual crap like Kicken for Chicken, the kiss cam, funk squad, best hub cap competition or whatever else they do at a home game.

Is it really just a minute snippet of NTUA that gives them the best pre-game in the competition or do people think they fill the whole time in with quality?

To elaborate, I find the Never Tear Us Apart to be reasonably cringe, but it's there thing, and at least gets the kiddies engaged so good luck to them.

Copying them for the point of it would be the cringiest thing ever. I don't think I could go to home games, it would be too embarrassing.

“Its their thing”

Sorry.. what?..

Are you suggesting the idea to have a pregame song and have your crowd of supporters sing it whilst holding their scarfs above their heads is ports idea?.. and thus is “their thing”..

Ever heard of Liverpool FC?…

Port copied it from the Newcastle Jets - the exact same song.

The Jets were doing it as their pre-game song well before Port Powah supporters "organically" started singing it :rolleyes:

So we wouldn't be copying it from Port we would be copying it from the Jets (which Port did)

Football fans sing song of survival

The problem with all of this is that no one gives a s**t about any of it while you're a joke on field.
NTUA stuck because they were good that year.

People really think some new combination chant or song will make people enthusiastic about one of the worst clubs in football?

Stop sucking first.

We won't though. The midfield.

Taking any existing song is likely to fail. It would be better if we had an original song written for the pre game . An original . The club could pay for a quality song writer to do it . Having an original would not be copying port and would maybe show them up in the longer term . This would be a slow burn but after repeated plays the supporters would get to know and love it .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem with all of this is that no one gives a s**t about any of it while you're a joke on field.
NTUA stuck because they were good that year.

People really think some new combination chant or song will make people enthusiastic about one of the worst clubs in football?

Stop sucking first.

We won't though. The midfield.
What if each player had their own song? Then just seconds before the bounce you hear glass shatter, Stone Cold style, the crowd erupts, the commentators go nuts “BAH GAWD, THAT’S PEDLAR’S MUSIC!!” “HE’S HERE! HE’S NOT INJURED!”

This is the current countdown.
Until I googled it, I didn’t even know it had lyrics.
Those last few lines would be epic with crowd unison.

Did not know this. Not sure we need one, but love this if we were to have one. Thanks

When they work songs are great for the buildup. It's very popular to be like 'no' to it and until it isn't as popular then nothing will change. But I do believe it's one of those perspectives that people hold because the person next to them thinks it so they should too.

But as some have alluded to It's all about crowd engagement. YNWA for Liverpool (and Celtic some seem to forget) is majestic. I actually think PA have built NTUA into something legitimate. It's real I think.

Absolutely noone can honestly say they aren't jealous of Richmond's song. It is upbeat and provides fans the opportunity to join in. Sydney and Collingwoods songs also sound great.

On the contrary, slow s**t like ours and Brisbane's songs are woeful so we can't simply use our own song to achieve that goal. We would need an alternative. What? I don't know but we might need to wait for some boomers to die first.

Reasons To Be Cheerful Part 3 by Ian Dury & The Blockheads - note:there is no Part 1 or Part 2!!!!

We just need to find a song to jump onto from a current popular TV series like the noisy neighbours did... Is home and away still popular??

Altiyan Childs - Living On A Prayer​

80's rock 🤘

Europe - The Final Countdown 🤘

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer 🤘

Van Halen - Jump 🤘

Remove this Banner Ad

Back