Crown: Melbourne Poker Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Omfg am I pissed off right now. That idiot in the photo was the guy who knocked me out last night. No ****ing idea what he was doing, complete luckbox.

lol, I cracked up when I saw the picture.

Didn't know the guy's name, but he played a ton of 2/5 back when I used to play crown.

I think you're overrating his fishiness. He was a slight loser overall @ 2/5, but very rarely was he one of the worst 2 players at the table.

I also don't think his call is that bad given the action - the BTN's push is far, far worse.

In any case, bad luck, you got your money in @ 75% 3-way, can't ask for much more than that. Just run better next time! (what's your next one?)

lol, I cracked up when I saw the picture.

Didn't know the guy's name, but he played a ton of 2/5 back when I used to play crown.

I think you're overrating his fishiness. He was a slight loser overall @ 2/5, but very rarely was he one of the worst 2 players at the table.

I also don't think his call is that bad given the action - the BTN's push is far, far worse.

In any case, bad luck, you got your money in @ 75% 3-way, can't ask for much more than that. Just run better next time! (what's your next one?)

His call wasn't that bad? :eek:
He had just over 30bb's. 11k after the flop, with blinds 200/400 check-calling/shoving for 2k more with just a flush draw is a terrible play. He's got plenty of play left with that stack.

He was a basic ABC player. His play there is god awful IMO. But besides that I had played just under 3 hours against him and all I saw him play was AK. Shoving all in preflop, with 20bb's. Not a great play, got lucky against Jack's and Queens twice. And one hand he limped UTG with AQ suited, BB raises about 7 limpers total and he shoves for 30bb's?? Maybe he's just not all that experienced in tournaments, but from a small sample space of 3 hours my conclusion is that he's a fish. Seems to overvalue his big cards and draws.

But yeh, not much I can do. Got my money in good in a massive pot and got unlucky, if it was online I wouldn't have given it a second thought but in a "big" live event it seemed to hurt more - probably because I had to think about it for the 30mins cab ride home.

Was going to play in tonights event but seemed to have caught a terrible cold from last night. Couldn't get to sleep all night - beacuse of the cold, not the tournament lol. So took the day off. Tomorrow night it's a mates 18th but will try and play the $100k event Day 1B which I think is on Saturday.

My good run in cash games continued though, played for 30mins before the tourney and flopped a flush king-high won a small pot there - $70. And made a good call with 10's pre-flop for a shove of $180. UTG made it $15 I flat-called. 2 callers behind and this guy who had just re-bought a few hands earlier shoved for $180 total. Folded round to me, thought for a while but didn't think he would shove with JJ+ so put him on most likely AK or AQ with a slight chance of 7's-9's. With the $78 in there already I thought I had the pot-odds to call. Eventually made the call and he flipped over AQos. Managed to hold up, guy kept saying "that's a big call" clearly not happy, but I think it was correct? Thoughts? So basically free-rolled that tourney.

Edit: also forgot to add that I played against Heath Shaw in the $50 rebuy for the Main Event ticket. He made it to the final table so only had to outlast 3-4 players for a ticket.

His call wasn't that bad? :eek:
He had just over 30bb's. 11k after the flop, with blinds 200/400 check-calling/shoving for 2k more with just a flush draw is a terrible play. He's got plenty of play left with that stack.

Or you can look at it another way.

There's 4.7K in preflop, and you bet 2K on the flop (which under-reps your hand). So basically, he probably thinks there's 6.7K in dead money.

When BTN pushes, he can put him on a hand like QdJ, against which he has 11 outs, and he's getting basically 19:11 to call.

Now, you might think it isn't wise to gamble, but he's a slight loser facing what is probably a +EV situation. If I were in his shoes (his shoes being losing shoes), I would snapcall that as well.

He was a basic ABC player. His play there is god awful IMO. But besides that I had played just under 3 hours against him and all I saw him play was AK. Shoving all in preflop, with 20bb's. Not a great play, got lucky against Jack's and Queens twice. And one hand he limped UTG with AQ suited, BB raises about 7 limpers total and he shoves for 30bb's?? Maybe he's just not all that experienced in tournaments, but from a small sample space of 3 hours my conclusion is that he's a fish. Seems to overvalue his big cards and draws.

Again, if you're a winning player, I agree. He's not a winning player (though not uber-fish either)

It is much better to overvalue high cards and draws than it is to overvalue top pair s**t kicker and pocket 99's, as most bad players do.

My good run in cash games continued though, played for 30mins before the tourney and flopped a flush king-high won a small pot there - $70. And made a good call with 10's pre-flop for a shove of $180. UTG made it $15 I flat-called. 2 callers behind and this guy who had just re-bought a few hands earlier shoved for $180 total. Folded round to me, thought for a while but didn't think he would shove with JJ+ so put him on most likely AK or AQ with a slight chance of 7's-9's. With the $78 in there already I thought I had the pot-odds to call. Eventually made the call and he flipped over AQos. Managed to hold up, guy kept saying "that's a big call" clearly not happy, but I think it was correct? Thoughts? So basically free-rolled that tourney.

Even if you think he WILL push JJ+, as well as AK and AQ, it's still an okish call (though borderline):

TT 40.11%
JJ-AA,AK,AQ 59.89%

Given your assumptions, it's a no-brainer.

Or you can look at it another way.

There's 4.7K in preflop, and you bet 2K on the flop (which under-reps your hand). So basically, he probably thinks there's 6.7K in dead money.

When BTN pushes, he can put him on a hand like QdJ, against which he has 11 outs, and he's getting basically 19:11 to call.

Now, you might think it isn't wise to gamble, but he's a slight loser facing what is probably a +EV situation. If I were in his shoes (his shoes being losing shoes), I would snapcall that as well.

Should have also added that the button was an uber-rock. He played the first hand of the tournament, and hadn't put in a single chip after the flop since. AJ was the minimum I put him on after his shove. That takes his 3 outs from the ace. Personally put the rock's range at 88,33,AJ Queen's/King's. He wouldn't shove the flop if he flopped the flush. So I can't see how he thinks his Ace would be good here.

I also think it's pretty positive thinking that he would shove with "just" QdJ. Queens or Kings are a possibilty though. This guy was uber-uber tight. Really should have mentioned this though aye.

He's basically called 9k into a pot of 18k with more than likely just a flush draw - what is it? approx. 63-37%, with still me behind to act. I think it's a questionable call at best. If the blind structure was faster and he was down to 10-15bb's then yeh, take the gamble. But with 11k left if he was to fold after the flop? I just think it's terrible tournament play.

Omfg am I pissed off right now. That idiot in the photo was the guy who knocked me out last night. No ****ing idea what he was doing, complete luckbox.
Why you being so hard on a guy that obviously needs the money for a new set of teeth?

but will try and play the $100k event Day 1B which I think is on Saturday.
I was planning on playing Day 1a but I have to work instead, hope to play Saturday, but as always with me, until I'm registered, there's always the possibility I won't turn up. A work mate is playing 1B so I will probably be there.

Note to all: Event 7, the $230 NLH 100k guarantee will have live reporting

http://www.pokernetwork.com/reporti...mpionships/230-no-limit-holdem-100k-guarantee

Should have also added that the button was an uber-rock. He played the first hand of the tournament, and hadn't put in a single chip after the flop since. AJ was the minimum I put him on after his shove. That takes his 3 outs from the ace. Personally put the rock's range at 88,33,AJ Queen's/King's. He wouldn't shove the flop if he flopped the flush. So I can't see how he thinks his Ace would be good here.

Even if the guy is a rock, you surely can't take bluffs completely out of his range. IMO quite a few hands containing Kd or Qd would be good for a shove in that situation.

I probably wouldn't be calling/shoving in that situation with Ad, but I'm pretty sure it's marginal at worst from an EV point of view.

Regarding the call with TT, it's probably also reasonable to assume that the guy is not often shoving with AA or KK. IMO hands like JJ and AK, AQ are more likely since they are happier to take down the pot as is.

I lasted 3 hours which I think is as good as making the final table.

Short story: blinds at 200/400, difference between a 26k stack and busting is the flip of a coin (which I lost) :rolleyes:

I leave my table chip leader, we all break, first hand UTG on new table. K5hh, but the 5h flips, so I get a new card. I just knew I would get a King replacement. Except I don't, I get Ah instead. I make it 1200 to go, folds to BB who has a lot. He makes it 3200. So, do I flat in position and take a flop, or jam. I jam for 13k. He thinks forever, I'm fairly certain he's folding. Except he calls and says "You have AK?" I scoff, and say "Yeah, but what suit?" He has 88, flop is 7 high, no hearts, I miss, I bust. He put me on AK, I said I'm jamming there with any good pair.

So yeah, could have had 26k with blinds at 200/400, cruising to Day 2, instead I'm posting on BigFooty :mad:. I finished about 170/361, yesterday played down to 46/286. Prizes were 25k, 14k, 10k, down to 63 players.

FFS FML

oh yeah, my mate from work had a good stack too, and he busts 10 minutes after me. EP raise to 800 with blinds at 150/300, two callers, mate calls with T8hh. Flop 977, checks round, turn 6, PFR shoves, mate calls, of course Mr PFR-CTF (check the flop) flopped the overfull.

Mate's down to 2k, gets AK, 3 callers, they check it down, one guy rivers a 7 ftw

Looks like I busted just before you, I also busted at 200/400 around 175th.

Was down to about 6500 in MP, 2 limpers and I look at 88, Then I made 1 of only 2 mistakes I made all day and decided to flat it instead of just shoving which im pretty sure I would of done online.

5 players to the flop, comes 767 rainbow, bb bets out 1100, 2 folds I decide just to flat it to see what he does on the turn, everyone else folds turns comes a 5 bb asks how much i got left (which was about 4300) and he bets 2100 so at this point im sure he has the 7 but my thinking was theres over 6k in the pot i have 4k left I've most likely got 10 outs, so I decided to shove and he calls with 72 (big blind special) and the river bricks... Pretty annoyed I didnt shoved pre flop, but at the turn im pretty sure i made the right decision. Oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was down to about 6500 in MP, 2 limpers and I look at 88, Then I made 1 of only 2 mistakes I made all day and decided to flat it instead of just shoving which im pretty sure I would of done online.

5 players to the flop, comes 767 rainbow, bb bets out 1100, 2 folds I decide just to flat it to see what he does on the turn, everyone else folds turns comes a 5 bb asks how much i got left (which was about 4300) and he bets 2100 so at this point im sure he has the 7 but my thinking was theres over 6k in the pot i have 4k left I've most likely got 10 outs, so I decided to shove and he calls with 72 (big blind special) and the river bricks... Pretty annoyed I didnt shoved pre flop, but at the turn im pretty sure i made the right decision. Oh well.

Dude
- you do not want to limp in from MP and stack off under pressure
- and why would you shove pre?

Raise to 1400, if a limper 3-bets, shove. Otherwise see a flop in position, c-bet, take it down.

If I were you, I'd fold and he'd show a 6 :eek:

Yes im aware the limp was horrible, for some reason I just decided to join the limp train.(prob the second hand all day I limped).

I would rather just squeeze pre with 88 with around 6500 left then raise it to say 1400 - 1600 and get A. Shoved on B. get called and overs come on the board. Not deep stacked enough for that.

two hands of mine.

Blinds at 100-200, A4 OTB, folds round. I raise to 625, I noticed Asian next to me was watching me, puts me on a steal. He shoves for an extra 2500, back to me. 3rd level he puts me on air, 2nd level he has air, but worse, so I call, he has J3o and I bust him.

EP makes standard raise, I call from the BB with AKo. Flop A23, two diamonds. I check call his 3/4 bet. Another diamond on the turn, I shove (no diamonds). He thinks for a while and makes a bad call with 66 hoping to catch a 6 or a diamond. I double up.

Nice I really wish I had ppl just shipping their chips off to me like that. I played like a rock the whole day and just wasnt able to find to many spots to do otherwise.

My image did come in handy one hand though, had 78o UTG at 100/200 and raised it to 500 (2.5x being my standard raise all day) folds around to the BB who calls. Flop comes Q36 and BB leads out for 800, I raise it to 2100 and he thinks about it for a bit and lays it down saying "I gotta show respect", It's not realy much of a hand to talk about but it was just nice that I was able to use my table Image to pick up a nice pot.

Nice call OTB there r+b.

I had a terrible day. Busted like 10 hands in.

46cc, one limper. I limp OTB. SB makes it 4xbb, limper calls I call.
Flop: 4s 6s Ac
SB checks, limper bets out, I make a small raise. SB folds and limper comes along.

Turn was some random club. She leads out, I re-raise, she shoves....almost certain i'm beat here but i'm priced in regardless. Call and she flips over A6. Brick on the river. Lasted all but 5 minutes.

Note to all: Event 7, the $230 NLH 100k guarantee will have live reporting

http://www.pokernetwork.com/reporti...mpionships/230-no-limit-holdem-100k-guarantee

Live reporting is up.

Was just thinking about my eliminations from the two events I played.

Event 1: QQ < AKs, even though I flopped a set, lose to backdoor flush :rolleyes:
Event 7: AKs < 88, no straight draws or flush draws, and of course, no Ace or King :rolleyes:

Can I win a coin flip? And both times I was the last aggressor.

Yeh it's abit of a joke aye. They're just trying to finish at as quickly as possible, not sure if i'll play as many events next year unless they change the structure. Seems that only the Bounty and the Eliminator have a nice slow structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back