Crown: Melbourne Poker Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL, with 5 players left

"Can I buy-in?"

A random cash game player has mistakenly sat down in seat 8 at the final table with his rack of cash denomination chips getting settled in for a session of 2/3.

He was embarrassed when he looked around and saw the crowd huddled around the rail and realised that he had just sat down at the final table of this tournament.

I reckon the Melb Champs needs to start a week earlier next year. The Main Event is this weekend but the WSOP starts this week. Some players may have been planning on playing some early events and they might choose the WSOP ahead of the Melb Champs.

oh yeah, my mate from work had a good stack too, and he busts 10 minutes after me. EP raise to 800 with blinds at 150/300, two callers, mate calls with T8hh. Flop 977, checks round, turn 6, PFR shoves, mate calls, of course Mr PFR-CTF (check the flop) flopped the overfull.

Mate's down to 2k, gets AK, 3 callers, they check it down, one guy rivers a 7 ftw

I lasted 3 hours which I think is as good as making the final table.

Short story: blinds at 200/400, difference between a 26k stack and busting is the flip of a coin (which I lost) :rolleyes:

I leave my table chip leader, we all break, first hand UTG on new table. K5hh, but the 5h flips, so I get a new card. I just knew I would get a King replacement. Except I don't, I get Ah instead. I make it 1200 to go, folds to BB who has a lot. He makes it 3200. So, do I flat in position and take a flop, or jam. I jam for 13k. He thinks forever, I'm fairly certain he's folding. Except he calls and says "You have AK?" I scoff, and say "Yeah, but what suit?" He has 88, flop is 7 high, no hearts, I miss, I bust. He put me on AK, I said I'm jamming there with any good pair.

So yeah, could have had 26k with blinds at 200/400, cruising to Day 2, instead I'm posting on BigFooty :mad:. I finished about 170/361, yesterday played down to 46/286. Prizes were 25k, 14k, 10k, down to 63 players.

FFS FML

Que?

I plan to head down to Crown tonight to play the $250 satellite for the Main Event.

My mate from work is buying in directly to the ME, and has given 10% to another workmate.

One time!

OK, half time of the Champions' League final, I'll quickly summarise last night. $250 satellite for the $1100 Main Event, start with 4000, 20 minute levels. 120 players so 24 seats on offer. Not much happens early, I'm not limping much from EP, take a couple pots from LP. Bit later I limp 400 from MP with T9dd, CO shoves for 2800, big stack BB flats, I decide to call in position and I can afford it. 9 high flop with 2 hearts, BB checks, I jam, BB folds, CO has KTss, no luck for him and I river a 3rd 9 for good measure.

So we get down to 60, 50, 40, and until then I was doing ok, no dramas. I did get JJ UTG which I limped hoping to isoraise, but the button calls, SB raises, BB shoves, and I have to dump it. I would have shoved on the SB, but I thought the BB had me beat. Button calls :confused:, SB mucks 99, and we have BB's QQ against button's 88. Queens hold up.

I start to get short stacked as the blinds really start to bite. I fold 33 UTG, I fold 88 in MP to a standard raise (only cos it's a satellite), and we get down to 26 players, 2 to bust, except I could be one of those. I get a walk with AKcc in the BB, one orbit later shove from the SB with JJ which holds up against the BB's Q6o. There's talk of a deal on another table, we all pay $85 and all 26 get a seat. A couple of dissenters so we play on. I'm one of about 6-7 players hanging on, a short stack on one table gets a walk in the BB, and sucks out in another hand to stay alive.

Then we get an all-in on each of the 3 remaining tables. On ours, 99 v J3o. Flops a Jack, but a 9 on the turn, and on the other tables, the short stacks also survive :rolleyes:. Then one of the tables lose a player and we're on the bubble. Except one guy says he can't play the Main Event :confused: and is happy if he gets his $250 back, so we all pay him $10 and that's it, the remaining 24 players win a seat.

Back to Champions' League ...

There's talk of a deal on another table, we all pay $85 and all 26 get a seat. A couple of dissenters so we play on.

Obviously that deal's never getting up. Which chipleader is going to hand over $85, when he already has a place sewn up?

Except one guy says he can't play the Main Event :confused: and is happy if he gets his $250 back, so we all pay him $10 and that's it, the remaining 24 players win a seat.

Bizarre. Are the tickets not transferrable?

Back to Champions' League ...

Nice job. GL for the big 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zeus seat obviously cos I had Berky in Seat 4 also (former BF poster Knowledge). And Tino Lechich was in seat 11. Took a couple pots in position off Berky early, rivered a straight, turned trips (should have checked behind on the turn). On another hand, folds to me on the button, I raise with A5o, blinds call, flop AJ5, checks round. Turn: 7, checks to me, I bet 850 or so, SB raises to about 3000, BB folds, I cb for 9k, he thinks he's good, flashes an Ace and folds. BB said he had an Ace also, a couple murmurs that I must have had JJ.

Anyway, Berky's obv table captain, but he has a short attention span, spends as much time walking around the room as he does playing at the table. Barely seated for half of his hands, but he's got plenty of chips anyway. They break our table and I'm still waiting to get a hand. I thought I was due tonight. Raise a couple hands, c-bet the flop, take it down, nothing to write home about.

Then I limp 400 with JJ, MP raises to 1200, BB calls, but he has to see every flop. I'm debating my options, but I didn't want to flat, so I 3-bet another 3k, MP shoves, BB folds, and I'm in a shitty position. I eventually fold and he tells me later he had AK. Bad fold. Of course I get JJ again later and run into AA and I bust (KKxKx board), about 170/253. My mate busts 10 minutes later, Berky's chips are still doing ok, God knows where he is though.

Overall, bit of a meh experience, T9s and 65s were the nuts for me, not one AA/KK/QQ the last 2 nights, and any AK/AQ I had missed the flop, although I was still usually able to c-bet and take it on the flop.

It's been a long couple days, I will just crash after work on Friday, shame there isn't a decent Friday night football game to watch (which is why I want two Friday night games, so when one is Carlton v West Coast, I can watch the other one).

I got 85k , good playing with you bl on the bustout hand.

Attention span was extra short today cos I couldn't win a hand in the 5k and it had been a lonnnnnnng day.

It's been a long couple days, I will just crash after work on Friday, shame there isn't a decent Friday night football game to watch (which is why I want two Friday night games, so when one is Carlton v West Coast, I can watch the other one).[/quote]

Repercharge ?

shame there isn't a decent Friday night football game to watch (which is why I want two Friday night games, so when one is Carlton v West Coast, I can watch the other one).
I get JJ again later and run into AA and I bust

Coincidence?...I think not.

It's all in the attitude R+B - that is why your Jack's lost.

(Bad luck)

Chief Halliwell: Cobretti, do know you have an attitude problem?
Marion Cobretti: Yeah, but it's just a little one!

Main Event Entries:

Flight 1: 253
Flight 2: 173/347 (so far)
Repechage: ???

In 2008, there were 668 entries with the top 3 paying $134,602 (20.15%), $90,180 (13.50%) and $62,792 (9.40%).

Going by last year's payout percentages, need 145 on Saturday for 1st to be > 150k, 2nd to be > 100k and 3rd > 70k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back