Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

If anyone is heading to Ballarat for the Dogs v Crows and you end up getting there the night before on the Friday, Cash Savage + The Last Drinks are an excellent band who are playing at Minerva that night in Ballarat

My partner and I have decided to go there on the Fri night to make a weekend of it since finding that out - highly recommend, an Alt-Country Blues band from Melbourne - look em up and work out who I am if you go to the gig (or the footy haha!)

baldandbroke what’s your thoughts on the stadium being only 23,000. I would have thought that’s too small or is that about right for Tassie crowds?

Can’t seeing it being able to accomodate to many interstate supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

baldandbroke what’s your thoughts on the stadium being only 23,000. I would have thought that’s too small or is that about right for Tassie crowds?

Can’t seeing it being able to accomodate to many interstate supporters.
23,000 seats will be about right - 260,000 people in Hobart.

Looking at the proposal documents ... numbers ring true to me.

(Tasmania's new Arts, Entertainment and Sports Precinct, Macquarie Point, Hobart | Department of State Growth)

I'm a little surprised at the talk around dropping the roof though - seems like a no brainer. I will be shocked if they leave it open air. Promoters prefer a more predictable crowd that comes with a roof - and AFL is only like 8 weeks a year in the new stadium, so plenty of need for other events. Even though Hobart doesn't get much rain - it can get windy and cold down on the river there.

Going to be really interesting to see what happens with the AFL Team's high performance centre and if they have their eye on the Hobart Aquatic Centre, which is across the footbridge from the proposed site. Lots of AFL money available to upgrade a 25 year old centre. See if we get a debate like the Adelaide one. Probably. Never easy.

23,000 seats will be about right - 260,000 people in Hobart.

Looking at the proposal documents ... numbers ring true to me.

(Tasmania's new Arts, Entertainment and Sports Precinct, Macquarie Point, Hobart | Department of State Growth)

I'm a little surprised at the talk around dropping the roof though - seems like a no brainer. I will be shocked if they leave it open air. Promoters prefer a more predictable crowd that comes with a roof - and AFL is only like 8 weeks a year in the new stadium, so plenty of need for other events. Even though Hobart doesn't get much rain - it can get windy and cold down on the river there.

Going to be really interesting to see what happens with the AFL Team's high performance centre and if they have their eye on the Hobart Aquatic Centre, which is across the footbridge from the proposed site. Lots of AFL money available to upgrade a 25 year old centre. See if we get a debate like the Adelaide one. Probably. Never easy.
I thought the roof had been locked in

Hi Crows fans.
Not sure where to put this.

Anyone want a free Footy Record from,
1998 Grand Final - Adelaide V North Melbourne.
Be a shame to throw it out when it's in very good condition.
Pics attached.
Would need to be picked up from Salisbury Nth, or postage paid (happy to letterbox drop if somewhere on my travels North to South)
PXL_20230503_164706149.MP_exported_1033.jpg PXL_20230503_164735447.MP.jpg

A interview on AA on Tuesday with a guy that has been pushing for the Tasmanian team said there was no roof, would cost another 300 million or so
The announcement yesterday they went out of their way to mention a roof.
Wonder how they’ll go growing the turf, they’ve seemed to somehow have sorted out marvel somewhat, you’d think the running costs are increased exponentially though.

A interview on AA on Tuesday with a guy that has been pushing for the Tasmanian team said there was no roof, would cost another 300 million or so
Is the new stadium going to be used for cricket also?

Not sure how red ball cricket will go under a roof.

according to icc rules, test and international one dayers have to be played under a open roof
I assume they are going to keep Bellerive then?

Having a separate 20k stadium that still needs to be maintained but is fairly underutilized is not ideal for a smaller city like Hobart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back