Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a genius idea for the SMA to make a few bucks

They should announce that they are seeking a sponsor to take out naming rights on Adelaide Oval.

There will be an uproar from the outraged public and when that reaches its crescendo, a company should announce that they are taking out the sponsorship but not taking up the naming rights opportunity. Eg they are paying the money so SA can keep the traditional Adelaide Oval name. Of course the deal would have been done beforehand.

Heroes, what great publicity for them, what a magnanimous gesture. PR gold!!!

They can use my idea for a mere 20% commission too.

They should announce that they are seeking a sponsor to take out naming rights on Adelaide Oval.

There will be an uproar from the outraged public and when that reaches its crescendo, a company should announce that they are taking out the sponsorship but not taking up the naming rights opportunity. Eg they are paying the money so SA can keep the traditional Adelaide Oval name. Of course the deal would have been done beforehand.

Good idea but in 3, 6 or 9 months time - who is likely to remember that sponsors name?

The headlines will be enormous for a week but after the, the next drama will pop up and take all that attention way.

Would the financial outlay be worth a week of media and then forgotten?

Good idea but in 3, 6 or 9 months time - who is likely to remember that sponsors name?

The headlines will be enormous for a week but after the, the next drama will pop up and take all that attention way.

Would the financial outlay be worth a week of media and then forgotten?
You'd price it at whatever that value is

And everyone would always know that it's called Adelaide Oval thanks to <Farmer's Union>

Would the sponsor be written down or promoted anywhere at the Adelaide Oval?
I'll leave the finer details up to them!

I'm just here to collect my cheque

Look, you have a good idea and it would fire many people up to promote and give plenty of publicity to the sponsor but I think the sponsor would feel ripped off after a month.
Not if they'd only paid for a month of good press

This is why I'm glad Adelaide Oval's name is enshrined in law. Naming rights might bring money to stadia, but I think it's such a sell-out, soulless American thing to do. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe a venue should be named after a business. It just sounds so stupid - like Richmond Oval now being called 'City Mazda Stadium'. It gradually turns the whole world into a giant billboard. Might as well sell the naming rights to cities. 'Adelaide will now be known as Santosville. ... With the expiry of the Santos deal, Santosville will now be known as BHP City until 2028.'

So Tex copped a fine on the weekend for a low impact incident cited by the MRP. How many more of those does he need to cop a 1 week ban? I think it's 2 more, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's a good idea, but will only end up ending in tears, as they'll attach their name somewhere.

In before SportsDirect.com@StJamesPark. :(

Not sure if there is a Brownlow prediction thread or not, I'll post in here for now.

I've said that Sloane and Dangerfield would never win a Brownlow playing in the same team. However, now they are in different teams, I've said that they would go 1-2 this year in no particular order.

They're currently running 1-3 in the AFLCA award.

Danger is the clear favourite with the bookies, Sloane is around the top 10 for odds. With the Crows good run home, at 26-1 I think Sloane is definitely worth a smokey, at least for a place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Bagshaw and Ben Hart look to be SA nominees to tonights Hall of Fame

Well done Baggy

Congrats Ben

Never saw Paul Bagshaw play but history says he was bloody awesome.

If you had to try and compare him to a modern day player, who would it be?

Bagshaw had exquisite skills and always looked slow, he wasn't of course the game just slowed for him.

He was the old style ruck rover, so tallish.

Hard to find a comparison - can't think of one

Bagshaw had exquisite skills and always looked slow, he wasn't of course the game just slowed for him.

He was the old style ruck rover, so tallish.

Hard to find a comparison - can't think of one
I went with Boak because I think Boak plays that role. Plus Boak lifts when his team needs him. He just seems to lift a gear bringing others around him in. I can think of many others but I am happy with Boak as a modern comparison. Maybe Simon Black?

The Crows are 15-8 since our former coach was slain in the middle of the night.

I don't think this is emphasised enough.

The ability to perform under enormous emotional stress last year, followed by having to adapt to another coach this year is quite amazing really. I think we are taking these performances for granted.

One of the Crouch boys' best footy/cricket/school mates Matt Begie doing well after breaking his neck playing local footy a while back.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/...ckbrace-but-begbie-still-calls-himself-lucky/

MATHEW Begbie has reflected on just how close a freak football accident came to robbing him of his ability to walk.

The 22-year-old is back home in Ballarat on the road to recovery after breaking his neck during round one of the Central Highlands Football League season on April 9.

Begbie was playing for the Beaufort seniors against Daylesford when a knock to the head fractured one of his vertebrae and dislocated another.

He was taken to hospital - where he had surgery - and must spend the next three months in a neck brace as his injuries heal.

“It’s hard to process being in a neck brace and breaking your neck after a week, but everything is going really well, everyone’s been really supportive, so I’m very fortunate that I’ve come out knowing that I’ll get better,” Begbie said.

Boak? Completely different styles I'd say.

Today, Scott Pendlebury with a little bit of Bontempelli comes to mind, though Bagshaw was a better kick, and a better overhead mark than both of those. He had that rare knack of virtually standing still, negotiating his way through traffic, while opponents ran in all directions. To me he looked like he did things with more ease and less effort than the great B Robran (no I've never barracked for Sturt). He never appeared as athletic as R. Ebert, but had equally as much effect. A true gentleman of the game, and had sublime skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back