Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to get worried about Carlisle why hasn't he signed yet?
They've lost all the pens at the HPC and Sheeds can't be arsed to head down to Officeworks and pick some more up.

They've lost all the pens at the HPC and Sheeds can't be arsed to head down to Officeworks and pick some more up.

I have a sneaking suspicion he has a cunning and devious plan to start stealing journo pens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle won't go anywhere. I'm assuming the club had more pressing matters to spend their time on the last couple of months. I would expect Carlisle to re-sign by Anzac Day.

I'm half expecting it tomorrow.

Carlisle could have taken the bitch option ala Ryder last year.

Not concerned at all.

Yeah I reckon your on the money here Jade re Carlisle.
The guys that might go I reckon are the ones on the fringe like;-

Merrett, Jackson
Hams, Will
Browne, Alex
Pears, Tayte
Gwilt, James
Kavanagh, Elliott
O'Brien, Nicholas

Merrett, Hams, Browne & Pears might get another 1 year deal or something, but I reckon Gwilt, Kavanagh & O'Brien really need to make inroads this year or it will be their last.

Gwilt and Kavanagh are ahead of all 4 you think will get renewed. Terrible call.

Not sure about Kav, but Gwilt is fringe best 22 in an outstanding backline, would happily keep him on if he keeps it up.

Not sure about Kav, but Gwilt is fringe best 22 in an outstanding backline, would happily keep him on if he keeps it up.
The only player that will get as many games as Kav in the first group is Merrett.

Gwilt and Kavanagh are ahead of all 4 you think will get renewed. Terrible call.

Kav has been with us for 3 years for a whole 7 games, was going to leave at the end of last year but no one wanted to pick him up so he remained on our list by default. 90% chance to be gone at the end of the year.

Gwilt could be OK but lets remember he was cut by the Saints and seemed a bit below par on the weekend. As someone else said here - plenty of good defenders in the team or coming through.

Pears & J.Merrett would have more currency than Gwilt or Kav at any other club, and Hams and Browne more upside I think. But thats just me.

Kav has been with us for 3 years for a whole 7 games, was going to leave at the end of last year but no one wanted to pick him up so he remained on our list by default. 90% chance to be gone at the end of the year.

Gwilt could be OK but lets remember he was cut by the Saints and seemed a bit below par on the weekend. As someone else said here - plenty of good defenders in the team or coming through.

Pears & J.Merrett would have more currency than Gwilt or Kav at any other club, and Hams and Browne more upside I think. But thats just me.
Kavanagh has also been one of the most impressive players during pre-season. If he delivers on the pre-season he's had I guarantee he'll be at Essendon at the end of the year.

Gwilt is better than Pears. He was fine on the weekend, Gunston had 5 minutes of good football, but other than that Gwilt blanketed him and also was solid on the rebound.

Pears would have zero currency. Right now he's behind Hooker, Hurley, Fletcher, Gwilt, Carlisle and Steinberg for a key defenders spot. You clearly overrate him, his injury woes have him almost guaranteed to be delisted at the end of the year. Kav has outperformed Merrett during pre-season, as well as Hams and Browne. So all in all, you're wrong.

Yeah I reckon your on the money here Jade re Carlisle.
The guys that might go I reckon are the ones on the fringe like;-

Merrett, Jackson
Hams, Will
Browne, Alex
Pears, Tayte
Gwilt, James
Kavanagh, Elliott
O'Brien, Nicholas

Merrett, Hams, Browne & Pears might get another 1 year deal or something, but I reckon Gwilt, Kavanagh & O'Brien really need to make inroads this year or it will be their last.
I'd be stunned if Jackson Merrett got delisted. Not that I rate him all that highly, but it would be a quick fall from grace.
It wasn't that we wanted to let go of Kav, he requested a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back