List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the first quarter of the round 23 game v Port. Geez I hope he stays. Jacky boy can do things that not many other footballers can like intercept the ball and evade multiple tacklers at the same time whilst running backwards. I don't think any of us have seen his best yet either. There are a lot more tricks and improvement still to come.

Wright in no hurry but very happy

Today's herald sun

View attachment 320242

Hopefully it can happen sooner rather then later

:D :D

Wonder how much we will have to pay to keep him?

I think Tom Boyd is a fair comparison. Got $1m p.a. and although rated slightly higher when drafted you would have to think Wright has done more in his initial 2 years than what Boyd did.

$1m p.a. for potential is a huge risk and there wouldn't be too many clubs in the AFL at present who have that sort of salary cap available to take that risk. Maybe only the Blues (once Dale Thomas is off the books) and Kangaroos could be in the market.

Given Tom Lynch is reportedly on a bargain of a deal at $800k p.a. there is no way that 2MP can get a deal approaching that.

For GC I would think that the contract will likely have to have to be around $6XX p.a. to ward off sharks from other clubs sniffing around. To get him on a 3 year deal need to pay him for his current output (~$400k) and for his developing potential (~$800k)

You would think that his mate Touk would get a $400k deal but would get another $150k as part of the ASA for all the marketing he does for the club

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-08/your-guide-to-the-new-cba

OP updated.

Still waiting for confirmation on contract duration for Lyons, Witts and Currie. Anyone know?

The big Melbourne clubs will be in2MP ear about all the cash he can make in Vic in personal appearances and friends of the club donations, taking his earns well over the $1M

We can't match

Can never match an open market bid on your own player if you are building a premiership team - Hawks and Cats don't pay anybody over $800k

That's why we were able to get Ablett and why we can't win a premiership with him in the team

Can never match an open market bid on your own player if you are building a premiership team - Hawks and Cats don't pay anybody over $800k

That's why we were able to get Ablett and why we can't win a premiership with him in the team

Though now they have both Selwood and Danger on 800k each
Tomahawk wouldn't be far behind.. only guessing.

Though now they have both Selwood and Danger on 800k each
Tomahawk wouldn't be far behind.. only guessing.

But even at those prices they are all leaving something on the table compared to their market worth in order to be successful.

If Ablett's on $1m the next 2 years (geez I hope they front-loaded the s**t out of that contract) and Lynch is on $800k which one do you think is taking unders and which one is getting overs?

Or put it this way - how many teams would be prepared to give Lynch or Ablett $1m a year - I think the answer for one of them is nil and the answer for the other player is a few more than nil.

Just a hint - the player with nil takers still wasn't happy and probably would have wanted us to fit the bill for what the other team he went to wouldn't be prepared to pay.

Interesting that looking at a few melbourne clubs boards, and all they seem to have taken from that entire 2MP article was the line 'isn't rushing to sign a new deal'. Funny how they whinge and moan over the academies that have produced us Bowes and Scheer and ..... in 5 years, yet think they are entitled to any kid coming out of contract from VIC and want a discounted price. But oh well, lets just see how this one plays out.

Also, Im assuming that this is a joke, because they can't possibly be that far up their own a***s, but... https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/player-claim-for-2018-peter-wright.1154859/

Interesting that looking at a few melbourne clubs boards, and all they seem to have taken from that entire 2MP article was the line 'isn't rushing to sign a new deal'. Funny how they whinge and moan over the academies that have produced us Bowes and Scheer and ..... in 5 years, yet think they are entitled to any kid coming out of contract from VIC and want a discounted price. But oh well, lets just see how this one plays out.

Also, Im assuming that this is a joke, because they can't possibly be that far up their own a***s, but... https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/player-claim-for-2018-peter-wright.1154859/
DeGoey straight swap they suggest hahahahahahahahgahahaah someone fetch my gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast the Wright fit for '2 Metre Peter'
goldcoastfc.com.au December 22, 2016 10:59 AM

SUNS TV: Peter WrightGC SUNS forward Peter Wright chats to SUNS TV
388803_np.jpg

I am really settled up here – love the group, loving coming to training each day and I see my future here.
GC SUNS forward, Peter Wright
Gold Coasters were gifted to an early Christmas present on Thursday, with ‘2 Metre Peter’ Wright announcing he had signed a new deal with the SUNS.

The powerhouse forward has put pen to paper just 24 hours after Callum Ah Chee also confirmed his contract extension.

As a result of their re-signings it means the SUNS’ first selections from the 2014 and 2015 NAB AFL Draft have re-committed to the end of 2019.

Regarded as one of the game’s most promising key forward prospects, the Calder Cannons product declarined he sees a long-term future for him on the Gold Coast.

“It was a decision which in my view was always going to get done, I am really settled up here – love the group, loving coming to training each day and I see my future here,” Wright said.

Wright also praised his strong friendship with 2015 draftee and now housemate, Touk Miller.

The pair have been friends long before their dual arrival to the Gold Coast, having played with each other through the Calder Cannons program in the TAC Cup and during national junior carnivals with Vic Metro.

“It’s been a big factor for me (having Touk on the Gold Coast); I’ve known Touk for ten years,” Wright said.

“I feel really comfortable with him and coming up here at the same time, we were able to feed off each other and immediately feel comfortable at the club.

“I think that helped us both settle into the club quickly and from there, living with each other now and enjoying our time.”

On his draft night, Scott Clayton described Wright as a once-in-a-decade player, confident in his projected ability.

In crediting Wright’s management, Anthony McConville from Mac’s Sports Promotions, Clayton welcomed the re-signing.

“We are incredibly excited about the player Peter can become. He has started his career really well but it is his drive to continue to get better that excites us the most.”

“Off the field his is also a quality person, he demands high standards and wants to work hard.

“He's got the ability to have a great AFL career. He has magnificent skills for a tall guy. He plays in front naturally, and with Barry Hall now working with him and out other key positon players we think he has enormous upside."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back